backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Today a large box with a Tamico label arrived addressed to my wife. I asked what was in it but was told to wait for Christmas. Sounds promising! :)

You should've opened it "by mistake" :)

• Like 2

The PE for those kits go for crazy prices :blink:

But then again, I add up all the PE I used for my Nimitz build and it doesn't seem so bad :P

Yesterday, I got a strange box:

DSCF1936.JPG

But inside the box, there was a Fox!

DSCF1937.JPG

...more or less. Hrm. Well, I wanted a challenge...

DSCF1938.JPG

• Like 3

DSCF1936.JPG

Hahahaha. Priceless! :lol:

Anyway, nice project car you have there. What can be better than getting into some 30 year old RC buggy. Oh, and that's a nice CRP extra bit there ;)

• Like 1

DSCF1936.JPG

DSCF1937.JPG

DSCF1938.JPG

So my guess is your not going BOX ART then :lol: ...

OR Are you ;)

• Like 2

DSCF1936.JPG

DSCF1937.JPG

DSCF1938.JPG

I do love this topic probably the best topic on the TC at the moment!,I do like looking at what people buy, My first reaction on looking at this is what the h**l is he going to do with that haha! Please put it on the showroom a now & then post when you're finished!.oh and good luck!

A Madcap chassis and assorted parts from Jim_GT-R. Thanks Jim. Always handy to have spares.

Two pairs of rear oval block tires from Tony's.

Alu wheels for Wild One

23092795640_ec913c10c9_c.jpg

I'm taken to those alloy wheels are they from rc channel? I'm thinking of getting the one's for the SRB'S but not sure if they will just look like alloy spray! Do they feel good quality?

Quality is really good, and I got them from Rc_loverr on Ebay. Shipped from HK in no time.

• Like 1

DSCF1936.JPG

Mark and I did a trade and I'm having better delivery luck - ha ha suck it Mark! lol - anyway, I got a strange box too...

22772486073_d25aae8591_b.jpg

The USPS knows where to bring packages addressed only to "BEEF"...

Mark's end of the trade to me was a Clod (will post about that later) and a Novak brushless system. I'm mainly a brushed guy, and I feel like running brushless in a vintage model is a bit sacrilegious, but I don't only have vintage runners... for example my "Stealth Rising Storm". So I was excited to try a full sized brushless system for the first time. As some of you know I messed around a bit with a Mamba system in a TT-Gear Hotshot I've had for a while, and is currently finding a new owner on eBay since I have a NIB sitting on my shelf, which is what I wanted originally anyway.

So here some before and after pics of my Rising Storm. Originally I was running a "Green Gem" motor which had pretty nice power with a Traxxas ESC (see, I'm not a total purist!). I also got some new Black Amarok wheels to replace the yellow BFX ones. Because of the power of the Novak system I decided to glue the Proline Gators. Gonna field test it today... more on that later!

23103891580_8617ff3ac5_b.jpg

Mark's BL old Novak system in the bottom right hand corner...

22772488203_bccdf418c2_b.jpg

I don't run LiPo (thanks for the tip on the cut-off Mark) but I did want to run a 7-cell NiMH that happens to have a Dean's connector to fit the Edge ESC. However the DF-02 chassis has a hard plastic battery 'strap' so I cut it around the 7th cell hump and zip-tied the ends together to hold the battery down tightly. It's not going anywhere...

23103890840_34aaf82315_b.jpg

You can see the new wheels here...

22772487423_a18e8cda5d_b.jpg

With the minimalist body.

23291201842_425a2ef19c_b.jpg

There are lots of alloy accessories available for the DF-02, so as I break parts I'll replace them with alloy versions. :lol:

23103889960_0a37b48b01_b.jpg

Hope you get your boxes soon, Mark! The 3rd is going out tomorrow.

BEEF

• Like 2

Quality is really good, and I got them from Rc_loverr on Ebay. Shipped from HK in no time.

Cheer's mate il have a look!

I went a little Wild last week :ph34r: .

IMG_2234_zpsjjuefxeb.jpg

The box is not mint but the contents are nice. I think I need my bed chemically treated for Tamiyabugs though.

IMG_2233_zpszwgqssvg.jpg

• Like 7

Today arrived a box of spare; tyres, foam and body set for my Delta integrale.

DELTA_00040_zpshlijrrhf.jpg

and a new ESC for my 1/8 runner.

• Like 2

Got another part for my Knight customs sand rail build.

20151130_195517_zpslhvcm08c.jpg

Since it's cyber monday i did some creative ordering on shapeways to get the rest of the parts, and be able to avoid customs tax.

Once these parts arrive i should have most of the parts i need from Knight Customs and i think i may have many of the wild one / FAV donor parts i need. I will soon be making a build thread.

• Like 3

Today, the postman (finally) brought me... a messy workbench!

DSCF1946.JPG

Two tightly-packed boxes of Tamiya goodness from His Beefiness, which unfolded into this lovely mess as soon as I pulled everything out. One contained a mess of Fox parts, and the other a Tamtech-Gear Hornet in pieces. I'll be building the Hornet stock for now, to get to know it, but I have an interesting idea for it later on...

• Like 5

finally some of my new cnc machine parts arrived. I'd ordered all the parts separately, hoping to build a slight better machine and meeting the minimum specs I wanted. Its still a budget cnc machine, but I should be able to give some aluminium a decent go now. Also once build I should be able to machine up to 400 mm wide, 580 mm long and about 70 mm high (not aluminium though!, but MDF for polystyrene foam will be a breeze), which will enough to router a car body in one or two goes.

A little disappointingly the frame arrives in two pieces, with one the first part arriving today and another 3 or 4 days before the other half arrives. But doesn't matter yet as I can't to building this until at least a week anyway.

Pictures are -

1. power supplies and stepper motors (I got the most powerful I could afford)

2. controller interface that takes the output from a parallel port and drives the motors

3. new cnc frame. Its upside down and missing the gantry that holds the spindle

6040_cnc_parts-1.jpg

6040_cnc_parts-2.jpg

6040_cnc_parts-3.jpg

• Like 3

Today was the stickers day.

Some nice vinyl stickers for my Mountain Rider

22817216073_ceed139cff_c.jpg

And livery for my Porsche 911 GT2

23444377665_64a5ef29ba_c.jpg

• Like 2

Nothing like walking into my work office to see these two sitting there.

IMG_2811_zps66urolqm.jpg

The DT03 will be done in the same theme as my Frog but quick question can you get spike front and rear tyres that match for the wheels on the DT03?

• Like 7

Wow! Egress. :wub:

What a start to the day coming in to those.