backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Some Super Clod decals from the United States. I've decided to revert to the original decal scheme for mine. The paint will arrive next week :) . I was planning to order my CPE upgrades about now but the slotted brake rotors for my 1:1 R33 and holiday spending have delayed that one for a while.

IMG_2632_zpszpvgo816.jpg

Today I received a Tamiya Xanavi Nismo GT-R body from fellow member IBIFTKH. Unfortunately it wasn't quite as described IMO, it was better !! :) Was going to use it as a runner, but not so sure now. Might use my Loctite Skyline R34 GT-R body instead.

James

:)

• Like 1

A tlu-01 light set for the bruiser build

Came from Japan in the best packaging I have seen so far well impressed esp as it was free p&p.

My first post of this kind. Hopefully the first of many. While waiting for some parts for Project Number One (TB-01 re-furb), I got trigger happy and bought some bits for Projects Three and Four.

Ah, well, can't seem to get direct image links working. To save you the needlessly clicking..it is a box of bits

DSC_2156_zpsgtobzuwl.jpg

Really ought to have bought some batteries and radio gear but never mind.

Got home today to find three packages waiting for me. Madcap shell, wheels for my TA02 project. and the pulley to repair my TA04 360 Challenge. Happy days!

09FBB654-58FB-45B6-99AA-4321D336BA01_zps

Craig

A bargain TL01 from ebay, and not any old TL01,its a TL01LA :) ........ going to use it as a runner with my Loctite Zexel GT-R body or go rally style and pop a Lancer Evo V body on it. Going to add some nice shocks and tuned springs and rebuild the whole chassis so its all in nice condition with bearings all round, should make a nice reliable runner.

James

:)

Not RC, but I got a belated birthday/xmas gift from my sister-in-law:

DSCF2017.JPG

I should say, not RC as it is... but... if I still had a Mini-Z... hmm.......

Also got the new cat-back system for my MX-5. One-piece, all welded: muffler, tailpipe, center pipe, and resonator. Big heavy awkward thing; the FedEx guy must be exhausted! (get it?)

• Like 3

NOS Vanquish G parts. I think I might have overpaid for them, considering they may never get cut from the sprue and used. I have a Vanquish beater to restore so time will tell on that. I keep telling myself that the rarity of the parts justifies the cost :blink:

From the great beef over the sea, comes my Madcap Bodyset, thanks you very much beef, top man ! cant thank you enough, Nandos is waiting when u get over to the UK :)

• Like 3

From the great beef over the sea, comes my Madcap Bodyset, thanks you very much beef, top man ! cant thank you enough, Nandos is waiting when u get over to the UK :)

MMM... NAAANDO'S :lol:

17-best-simpsons-episodes_homer-badman-s

• Like 1

My TL-01 strip down and rebuild might progress a mite faster now..

DSC_2155_zpsqoitumcd.jpg

Thank you to all providing inspiration on the site.

Though I'm spending more time looking on here than working on my chassis. :)

• Like 4

The postman brought me a nice box...

medium.image.jpg.44d2ba8f5e9fdde8a31eeb2

What could be in there then???...mmm well packaged whatever it is...

medium.image.jpg.60f0713c3a4f899c99612b2

Kudos to Modellbau-Seidel for delivering this so quickly and so well packaged, most places would probably stuff it in a jiffy bag...

medium.image.jpg.f6fb49ea31dbb46f9f66873

a little bit of jazzle for the Vaj. Hopefully it'll fit.

• Like 2

Day 14 after shipping, decals still haven't arrived from England... :angry:

A NIB vintage Boomerang body set. Valvoline sponsor decals :)

a nice little haul in the last week :D My order from Banzai in late December finally arrived ( 4 x sport tuned motors for some vintage cars I have, F104 wheel set for my Pantera, tamiya paint lid removal too and some gears), as did my air tank and vac pump. Plus I bought a second hand furnace, will post test in "What did I do today" forum. My son wasn't too happy for me though, he is still waiting for his Lego magazine, which he insists should be here now!

Vac-Former-Ver-1_-68.jpg

Vac-Former-Ver-1_-67.jpg

misc_items_01-1.jpg

metal_casting_-7.jpg

• Like 5

Hardly the most exciting delivery..

3 sets of Sakura D3 steering posts

20 M3 x 30 machine screws

BUT, they do mean I can almost complete my high lift hilux build (steering posts are my revised , ie shorter, body posts and radio tray spacers). :D

Got my Frog decals today. Man that took a long time :blink:

The last few months, packages from the UK to the USA have been ultra slow. I've received packages @ $1.50 SAL from BanzaiHobbies quicker than anything coming from the UK.

This came today, just fitted it in my Neo Scorcher. Not had a chance to try it out yet, as its raining outside.

27D58C1C-3820-4195-9BBC-522262F44CBE_zps

Craig

• Like 4

Could you take some pictures when installed? They're expensive for what they are but some warm white leds would look much better in some Tamiya models.