backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Got a La tax Alias quad copter, from model sport 

Seems like it might be fun :)

Not tried anything that can fly before

Received some bits today, GF01 wheels which will end up on a buggy most likely, and a rear bulkhead for the vintage Hilux which will hopefully turn into a mini project as well as a 28mm servo crank for steering or shifter can't remember now!

image.jpeg

My 8 piece Tamiya tool set came finally. Found on Amazon for $25 shipped  

image.jpg

• Like 1

The postie dropped off my kyosho le-mans 360PT motor for my impending optima build! Box has a little age ware on it but the motor itself is mint and still in its plastic inner case and never been open since it was made in circa 1985 ! Paid a little over the top but I'm well pleased with it. Going to look very good in the optima! :D:wub:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, moffman said:

The postie dropped off my kyosho le-mans 360PT motor for my impending optima build! Box has a little age ware on it but the motor itself is mint and still in its plastic inner case and never been open since it was made in circa 1985 ! Paid a little over the top but I'm well pleased with it. Going to look very good in the optima! :D:wub:

A lemans 240s would go great with the optima. I had one as a kid and threw it in all my cars. I,sure they cost a nice chunk nowadays 

2 hours ago, Rb4276 said:

My 8 piece Tamiya tool set came finally. Found on Amazon for $25 shipped  

image.jpg

great tool kit used ours loads!

sven

16 minutes ago, svenb said:

great tool kit used ours loads!

sven

Seems quality, I used it a little before to swap tires out and change shock oil. I was beginning to wonder if it was ever coming. I ordered from Amazon almost 2 months ago with no tracking updates from Japan. Seemed a steal for $25 shipped, in the description it said it comes with some rtr kits? 

On 26/4/2016 at 9:07 PM, Effigy3 said:

Took a risk on this eBay item.  It said that it was missing some items so I hopped they weren't anything I couldn't pull out of my parts bin.  Sadly I wasted my $$.  The caps and adjustment rings are missing along with one of the pistons, 2 o-rings and the nuts.  I'd say I ended up with about 1/2 of a kit here.  Today eBay won but I'll get it next time.  :huh:
04.25.2016-19.04.png

I'm so sorry, it was not the same kit. :( I hope you will be able to find the missing bits.

Anyway, if anybody want these pieces, I'll send them anywhere for the postage costs.

ynv9H21.jpg

• Like 1

Along with buggies from my childhood, the odd lust for a really complicated radio was always there.

So I've been watching Ebay for a while, missed out on a few, but finally grabbed myself a reasonably good bargain

IMG_0010.jpg

Lightly used by a Drone jockey, seems to check out so far. Time to come up with some mad plans to make use of all those channels :wub:

• Like 2

21 hours ago, jupitertwo said:

Along with buggies from my childhood, the odd lust for a really complicated radio was always there.

So I've been watching Ebay for a while, missed out on a few, but finally grabbed myself a reasonably good bargain

IMG_0010.jpg

Lightly used by a Drone jockey, seems to check out so far. Time to come up with some mad plans to make use of all those channels :wub:

Ha, yes I always loved the look of the super cool lots of switches transmitters that one could only dream of!

Congrats, Enjoy! The configurability these offer is awesome. Also check out the receiver below once you need to run more models.

Futaba R2106GF Receiver 2.4GHz S-FHSS R2106GF/2-4G

It's a 6ch, nice and small with a single short aerial and the range is more than enough for our cars. I buy mine here;

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/futaba-r2106gf-receiver-2.4ghz-s-fhss/rc-car-products/373815

cheapest I've seen is link below but never showing stock and of course modelsport have free postage over £100 so I buy them in three's with something small added to the order to bump the cost for free delivery.

http://www.kingslynnmodelshop.co.uk/Radio-Futaba-Flight_Receivers/c29_186_312/p5879/Futaba_FHSS_R2106GF_Receiver_2.4GHz_(Air)-on_order/product_info.html  

Here's a pic I took of all the different size receivers I have so you can compare the size, this is the smallest overall.

medium.image.jpeg.cba2e62f7239c7ad280fad

Regards

Nito

1 hour ago, Nitomor said:

Ha, yes I always loved the look of the super cool lots of switches transmitters that one could only dream of!

Congrats, Enjoy! The configurability these offer is awesome. Also check out the receiver below once you need to run more models.

Futaba R2106GF Receiver 2.4GHz S-FHSS R2106GF/2-4G

It's a 6ch, nice and small with a single short aerial and the range is more than enough for our cars. I buy mine here;

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/futaba-r2106gf-receiver-2.4ghz-s-fhss/rc-car-products/373815

cheapest I've seen is link below but never showing stock and of course modelsport have free postage over £100 so I buy them in three's with something small added to the order to bump the cost for free delivery.

http://www.kingslynnmodelshop.co.uk/Radio-Futaba-Flight_Receivers/c29_186_312/p5879/Futaba_FHSS_R2106GF_Receiver_2.4GHz_(Air)-on_order/product_info.html  

Here's a pic I took of all the different size receivers I have so you can compare the size, this is the smallest overall.

Regards

Nito

Great - thanks for the tips. 6ch should be enough for most things. I tend to do the same thing with Modelsport, so it's good to know that's a decent price for them.

All the switches are indeed awesome, though It's strange, as a kid i had a stick radio and couldn't get the hang of friends' wheels. Coming back in to the hobby, I picked up a wheel radio, and it seemed fine. Now using the sticks seems really weird! :D

I think I might have to switch it to mode 1 - get the spring on the left stick. Getting in to reverse in good speed seems quite tricky, having to centre the stick and pause.

• Like 1

You're welcome. You can adjust the spring quite easily. Hopefully your box came with the adjuster tool so you can swap it over to the other side. It's all in the instructions. I bought mine already with left sprung, can't remember off the top of my head what mode that is (1 or 2), I'd like to get a spring for the right stick too though.

Ps, if yours came with the 3008 receiver, that is T-FHSS, if you use any of the others in my pic, you'll need to switch over to S-FHSS on the radio for it to work. I'm in the process of upgrading a lot of my fleet to these receivers.

Cheers

Nito

I got some post too today.

medium.image.jpeg.be765e6934af5288dc695f

medium.image.jpeg.e996ec03d718175a8762c1

As well as a 2mm styrene A3 sheet and some glue to go with it.

Let the fun commence! :)

• Like 1

Thanks, Rere SRB's, but had to buy some other parts bags to complete them, seals, e clips etc. Conveniently some of those bags had other parts that I needed for the Hilux anyway. Also got all new rubber parts, gbox mounts, receiver switch cover and gearbox plugs.

ps. I'll also be joining the vintage shell restore club with the rear bed. Planning to mate that to the Bruiser front shell with the modernised lighting layout and fill the redundant holes. I have a repro decal set on its way too so looking forward to that. Just need to find a r/h bed rail for the rear section now.

8 hours ago, Klausen said:

Fresh arrival from Tamico

IMG_2662.jpg

I got the same box from tamico today.

I had read about the smell, men this buggy is really toxic:blink:

• Like 2

Other "blingbling" parts for my CR-01 SIB (Still In Box)

CR01_00007_zps6tfvnivw.jpg

CR01_00006_zpspxqrjz51.jpg

8 hours ago, Droopy1975 said:

I got the same box from tamico today.

I had read about the smell, men this buggy is really toxic:blink:

Agree, smell don't Seem healthy.

This morning, my first LiFe battery, a battery checker and some conversion leads.

Couldn't resist Time Tunnels £100 CC01 Pajero Rally Sport anymore 😏

5087B9D1-793A-4FDA-87C9-6234E0D835F1_zps

Had a few CC01s but they were prebuilt so I'm looking forward to this one. Bearings are already on the way, I'll be fitting an alloy steering post too.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, mr crispy said:

Couldn't resist Time Tunnels £100 CC01 Pajero Rally Sport anymore 😏

...   I'll be fitting an alloy steering post too.

I have a spare new black anodized servo mount if you want it - £4 posted

4 hours ago, Percymon said:

I have a spare new black anodized servo mount if you want it - £4 posted

Thanks for the offer Percymon, but I think I've got that covered 😉 I'm trying not to order too many extras but the temptation is hard... 😬