backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

1 hour ago, IronSights said:

I don't know who makes them.

I got mine on eBay.

Here is a link to the cheapest priced one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/232084435344?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

That is so cool, I think I have that Optimus AND that black lazy susan, sorry susan if you were offended, but they call it that?????!!!

Christmas came early folks!  The wife opted to let me open it up today because I have next week completely off from work but she and the kiddos are still in school.  Let's hope the body and electronics arrive before Friday.  Race day is Saturday!

12.11.2016-19.28.png

• Like 7

Electronics just arrived. As long as my practice body arrives from Tower when the delivery estimate says, I should be GTG to race Saturday!

12.12.2016-08.53.png

• Like 4

My 'no more before Christmas rule' is well and truly broken.

IMG_0034_zpsdviidwiq.jpg~original

Yet another project. A clean- up and a new Mini shell, motor, ESC. if I can do it by the end of May it will be scale model of my wife's first car and an anniversary present for her.

Will I ever buy a brand new RC?!

EDIT: there is an M03 chassis under there

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

My 'no more before Christmas rule' is well and truly broken.

IMG_0034_zpsdviidwiq.jpg~original

Yet another project. A clean- up and a new Mini shell, motor, ESC. if I can do it by the end of May it will be scale model of my wife's first car and an anniversary present for her.

Looks great fun and there is no need to buy a brand new RC when there are so many projects out there to revamp.

• Like 1

Today these two guys arrived, aka my christmas present from me to me. 

dlQTBiR.jpg

Google translate had this as a super a s s institute, which I'm childish enough to find slighty amusing. 

b8Vkgix.jpg

• Like 10

19 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

Just FYI I am pretty sure the m05 mini is discontinued, as I just went down the same track to freshen up my M03, and bodies and decals were getting hard to find.. (unless T-USA has ample stock).

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, berman said:

Just FYI I am pretty sure the m05 mini is discontinued, as I just went down the same track to freshen up my M03, and bodies and decals were getting hard to find.. (unless T-USA has ample stock).

Thanks for the heads-up. I think my best source for a Mini body will be Germany - Modelbau-Seidel or Tamico (scratch Tamico - no longer in stock). I might have to jump on that now...<sigh>

I love the Mini body, so much more detail than I was expecting, the rain gutter around the roof, the A-panel between the wing and the door...

• Like 1

I came home from work today to see a box filled with this stuff outside my door. The Yeah Racing aluminum DF-01 front arms are an almost perfect replacement for the TA02 front arms, but the rear ones are each a few millimeters wider than TA02 arms. On the labels I can make out TA02 under the permanent marker. My plan was to see if I could make a 251mm wheelbase RWD TA01 or a 231mm wheelbase TA02SW. Nope. The black Manta Ray chassis looks 100% identical to my gray TA01 chassis minus some scratches.

262529179_zpsq2ej1zlk.jpg

• Like 2

WP_20161216_15_05_43_Pro_LI%202_zps6ccfj

WP_20161216_15_17_20_Pro_LI%202_zpswrwcu

Lunchbox with oil filled shocks, metal bearings and foam inserts. Just need to decide if I'm doing the 5th shock mod or going for the Shapeways mod

• Like 5

Not from the postman, but in exchange for a small plumbing job😊

Never seen one in the flesh and not disappointed , fits 3 chassis kit boxes nicely.

svenb

WP_20161218_18_49_00_Pro.jpg

• Like 9

This came today

IMG_2137.jpg

Interesting design I must say. In fair condition. Tires are dry, something up with front diff.
Got it off evilbay.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, gravetxt-1 said:

Nothing as postal strikes are on :)

I wondered if that was why my decals from Tonys Tamiya Parts took nearly 3 weeks when normally I can set my watch to a 5 day delivery...

Regardless, cheers again Antony :D

20161220_041945_zpszv1b3amq.jpg

Also got 4x 20t metric onions from Tower 

20161212_165434_zpsgkqh8txf.jpg

• Like 1

If you mean UK postal strikes it's Post Offices not Royal Mail (yet, anyhow) so if you post something in a mailbox or have it collected then there shouldn't be any delay, other than the usual seasonal issues. If you need to post a parcel at a Post Office though it will delay you as it will probably be closed while the strike action is on.

The action only started today so even if it was the delivery infrastructure affected then you wouldn't have noticed it yet.

Back on topic I got another Alfa 155 body from eBay Japan.

Got this wee thing to tinker with. Already removed all the toy like lights, need a nose cone and some new tyres n wheels.

DSC_0032-2760x2070.JPG

8 hours ago, gravetxt-1 said:

Nothing as postal strikes are on :)

How would we tell? Service is so bad anyway everything is delivered by courier.

I have 2 of these Technigold Motors but this one is my First NIB Technigold Motor to have....been searching for a while!

31607740222_76014e1194_z.jpg

31607735652_73fc2c4e20_c.jpg

• Like 8

Low ride pumpkin m-06 and vw scirocco tt-01d type E turned up  

A Hobbywing 1060 for the Hornet that is under my desk at work.

Hoping for a bit of car park racing next week...

• Like 1