backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Lots of stuff accumulated over the last couple weeks!

Castle 6900kv motor (3650 can)

GOwxMIn.jpg

DT03 Neo Fighter with some goodies

51S5EB2.jpg

A £16 2.4Ghz radio set - which can't be beat for value - period!

A Carbon Fibre rear wing for either Manta Ray or DT03

DT02 D Parts

778i5Eq.jpg

2 x new Gens Ace Lipo's

1 x 2s 4000Mah 25C Hardcase

1 x 3s 3300Mah 25C Softcase.

Looks like these newer lipo's come with a thicker plastic shroud on the balance connectors, should help with pulling them on and off the charger without fear of ripping them free.

S3ZU0ri.jpg

fHJ6TIG.jpg

jz1wwlY.jpg

481IG7Z.jpg

• Like 1

holiday%20buggy%20-%20sm.jpg

Holiday Buggy kit

WinKing servo

bearing set + extra 10 pack

steel pinion

2 x motor spacer

SRB bumper

• Like 2

Not the postman (just myself from LHS)....Seen some multi-rotors on here but not helis, so....

IMG_20170107_151214924.jpg

Not sure when these turned up as i was in NZ & just picked these up today .

Thanks @Pintopower & MIP . 

f58c36f1c39c491c96c0c797753e385a_zpstcyc

• Like 8

Today's delivery, belts and pulleys were easy to find but the lower front Jxr suspension arms were hard to come buy, ended up emailing Tetsujin and they came up with the arms from their shop on the street, not their web shop. Emailed me photos as well to show me product before purchase. Received them today from Japan and they sent them Friday. Highly recommended. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Have just received a Mini body for my M03 restoration project. It is numbered 1825124. It appears to have some moulding lines across the bonnet area (scuttle on the 1:1) and running through the rear windows and across the roof. 

Is this normal / common? 

IMG_0084_zpsa6qhb6wh.jpg~original 

Thank you Pintopower, Mheald and MIP. Now I can start my MB build.

Resized_20170110_173232.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

Have just received a Mini body for my M03 restoration project. It is numbered 1825124. It appears to have some moulding lines across the bonnet area (scuttle on the 1:1) and running through the rear windows and across the roof. 

Is this normal / common? 

IMG_0084_zpsa6qhb6wh.jpg~original 

Just looked over all three shells that I could grab on short notice, Your mold line looks most like my GREEN Mini with the 3D grill, proper shell for the 58149 kit as seen here by member OCD, he painted one for me and now sadly I can see I have not posted that little gem here on TC anywhere, SHAME ON ME. I owe Steve(OCD) BIG TIME as he did an impeccable job on the paint for mine.

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=41890&id=2400

Where I can't make out your roof and rear window mold lines, I do think they differ as the later "Racing" shell has the rear mold line pretty much in line with the body post holes. Here are a couple of links for that style body, the "proper" m-03 shell IMHO

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=125658&sid=2640

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=121968&sid=2640

And here we have another member with both bodies side by side, but you can't really make out the mold lines all that much, which is a good thing right?? I mean if there will be mold lines, they ought not impede the drooling over the nice sexy curves of the Mini now should they??

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=59169&id=16314

So, to sum up, yep the mold lines are there, they differ a little based upon the version, I haven't gotten my hands on the RALLY version Mini which the body takes after the 58149 design with the chrome plated styrene bolt on front grille, so I can't tell you if the mold lines are same or yet again different, but for the most part M01 has more of an ARCH from mid front fender toward the base of the windscreen and the later M03 version has more of a straight across the fender/hood dissecting the front body mount holes nearly in half. The rear mold line seems to cut straight through the rear windows across the roof on the M01 and the M03 version seems to only interfere with the last bit of the rear windows as it then has an arch across the roof line again very near the rear bodypost holes, but not cutting them in half.

Hope we are better informed now and not better confused. LOL

• Like 1

Tamiya Gun metal super drift tech wheels from Germany 

My pair of MIP monster beetle ball diffs finally arrived today, Yay.

30th december I got the ransom note from royal mail (£27.35), which I payed online.

After which they decided to lose the payment, and after a couple of phone calls, it was all sorted out.

As I only have 1 monster beetle, does this mean I have to get another ORV ?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Crash Cramer said:

Hope we are better informed now and not better confused. LOL

Thanks Crash, so helpful as always.

I'm still pretty green when it comes to RC so was a bit dismayed when I saw the lines on this beautiful shell but I can see from the photos you linked (especially in that third mini) that only the rear windows will be affected once the remainder of the shell has been painted. Knowing that all the different versions will be affected in some way means that I can relax. Phew. 

My shell is stamped 58149 though was billed in the seller's site as a Monte Carlo shell.

And will I really care about mould lines once I have butchered it trying to trim it and mucked up the paintjob?!!

Got a second BMW M3 Autotech body, but had no TA-01 chassis. But fortunately, here in Germany the XB Jägermeister BMW M3 DTM was for sale (99€ :):):)) so I put the Autotech body on the XB chassis, and will use the Jägermeister body as a spare part.

BMW M3 DTM - Tamiya 50483 - Auto Tech.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

Thanks Crash, so helpful as always.

I'm still pretty green when it comes to RC so was a bit dismayed when I saw the lines on this beautiful shell but I can see from the photos you linked (especially in that third mini) that only the rear windows will be affected once the remainder of the shell has been painted. Knowing that all the different versions will be affected in some way means that I can relax. Phew. 

My shell is stamped 58149 though was billed in the seller's site as a Monte Carlo shell.

And will I really care about mould lines once I have butchered it trying to trim it and mucked up the paintjob?!!

So, glad I could help, we are all a bit green on certain aspects of RC, I am and was green on the M chassis till I dove in head first. I have far too many bits and bobs and half chassis, but my goal is to get them all going together and sort out which ones stay and which ones go on to new owners. Where I love the simplicity of the M3 chassis, the M1 is nice in its over the top difficulty and overengineered bits and then there is the sleek M5 chassis that I haven't tangled with just yet, I have one here waiting for the opportunity, but haven't done anything with it yet. I have heard HORROR stories about skipping or missing a step based on which wheel base you are building and it takes some time to figure out just where and what has gone wrong, so I am going to save up my patience for that build/rebuild. I think the Monte Carlo body would be the same as the 58149 mold due to the fact that the change on the fog lamp brace and such is only in the chrome plated styrene department as well as the decals, so your information sounds solid on that end. YES< good luck on the trimming and the paint, I have TamiyaManDan giving it a go for my MC Mini body as we speak, he has more patience, heat and time on his hands than I do. I finished trimming the unpainted/ began to be cut body I got a few months ago and I was highly frustrated with the curves in the wheel arches which is precisely where the previous owner gave up. I can attest to the VW Beetle being a real bear to cut, doesn't seem to have one straight line on it anywhere, I am more afraid of how that one will come out with its nicks and arches.

• Like 1

All arrived, in 3 different package's, at 3 different times and I missed answering the door 3 times, the wife didn't 😯

She has warned me not to order anything else, urm..............

20170110_233604.jpg

Alloy Bruiser wheels, spacers and a Knight Customs SRB engine set - happy man

Thanks Jamesssb

• Like 1

Guess I'll need to be quicker at answering the door! 

Arrived today, and been stolen already! 

20170111_122134.jpg

• Like 7

At least you can tell the wife it's not yours this time round  lol!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Percymon said:

Allgiving us r wheels, spacers and a Knight Customs SRB engine set - happy man

Thanks Jamesssb

Err you cant Dangle that kind of info with giving us a pic of them their wheels.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, topforcein said:

Err you cant Dangle that kind of info with giving us a pic of them their wheels.

320E3EAE-2CEC-4C8A-A386-D4C4796189BE_zps

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Percymon said:

320E3EAE-2CEC-4C8A-A386-D4C4796189BE_zps

Are those the bruiser wheels off of ebay?  If so, I've been eyeing a set for a while and am interested in quality?