backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

1 hour ago, Lebowski said:

20170124_184144.jpg

Was that from eBay? Jennings RC or something like that? Had my eye on that too.

Nice model.

Yes, that's the one, was an unmissable bargain especially as I had a 25 quid free voucher from eBay!

5 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

Yes, that's the one, was an unmissable bargain especially as I had a 25 quid free voucher from eBay!

Ah man, the was a steal then :D Fair play.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

Lucky you :D

I didn't :(

• Like 1

2 hours ago, christam said:

Ah man, the was a steal then :D Fair play.

It was indeed. And as with all my cars, it will be built - except for the bodyshell! I'm saving that for when I soon buy a real 350Z,  then I can make a replica! The chassis in the meantime will be largely hopped up and be fitted with my BMW shell that's currently on my TA05R. That chassis in turn will be fitted with an Arta NSX body set that I've managed to source which will go perfect as the wheels on my TA05R are from the Arta NSX! Phew 😆

Oh, and to top that off, I'm hoping to get another rare set next week!

Got this new soldering iron set up today!

Had great reviews and after using it to get my Twin Hammer up and running..........it is hands down the best set up I ever used.

I am an electronics tech of 20 years in the NAVY and the past 5 years I have done component level repairs on circuit boards.

And again, best set up I have ever used. Just under $100 too.

Soldering%20Iron_zpsbd9ov3t4.jpg

• Like 5

Reefer trailer for my Gigaspace build :)

IMG_0186.jpg

in progress tractor build and controller for scale. It's mahoosive :lol:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, StrokerBoy said:

A servo and a couple of receivers from Modelsport.

Which receivers strokerboy? Just got this today from modelsport, next day delivery, always fast from there. It's the new micro receiver for the code core cr151. Wow it's tiny! It's well under half the size of my code core mini receiver.

20170125_141230_zpsaqfvuapq.jpg

I just balanced it on the battery holder of my wt01 on the left for a size comparison to my mini receiver.

20170125_141658_zpsx7zj3yoc.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Terz1 said:

Which receivers strokerboy? Just got this today from modelsport, next day delivery, always fast from there. It's the new micro receiver for the code core cr151. Wow it's tiny! It's well under half the size of my code core mini receiver.  I just balanced it on the battery holder of my wt01 on the left for a size comparison to my mini receiver.

Hmm, didn't know about those.  I bought the CR152, got a couple already that seem to work fine, will keep the micro one in mind for next time though, ta !  And yes, less than 24 hours from order to delivery.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Terz1 said:

Which receivers strokerboy? Just got this today from modelsport, next day delivery, always fast from there. It's the new micro receiver for the code core cr151. Wow it's tiny! It's well under half the size of my code core mini receiver.

20170125_141230_zpsaqfvuapq.jpg

I just balanced it on the battery holder of my wt01 on the left for a size comparison to my mini receiver.

20170125_141658_zpsx7zj3yoc.jpg

I use the Fly Sky FS-GT3C radio. The receivers for them are the same size.

They are super cheap as I bought 5 of them for $50.

• Like 1

That's a great price ironsights. Wish they were compatible with my code core transmitter. I think hobbyking do some micro receivers that are compatible with mine but they are hard to get hold of. Forget what make they are but they are very cheap too.

Nice find..Lovely condition for a vintage Boomerang !

Some fresh wheels and tyres for the Dyna Storm

IMG_3696_zpshkyluj6h.jpg

IMG_3700_zpsty0ip8yo.jpg

• Like 2

TBLE-02S from TimeTunnel Models.  Think that's all the components needed for a new build now.

3 hours ago, Effigy3 said:

I got a bunch of tires for my TRF 211

01.26.2017-07.56.png

I ordered 3 of those rips a few weeks ago, you cant beat them for $3. I should order a couple more if they still have. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rb4276 said:

I ordered 3 of those rips a few weeks ago, you cant beat them for $3. I should order a couple more if they still have. 

Yeah the JConcepts sale section of the website can net a ton of savings!

I have been wrestling with trying to choose what chassis I wanted to get for my first on-road rig.  I really like the M-05 v II R edition and have had one in my Tower Hobbies wish list for months.  I am also keen on getting an XV-01 but I've had my eye on the sexy chassis of the TA-07 PRO since it debuted last year about this time.  My sons TT-02 has sat mostly idle ever since he built it last June.  I decided it was high time dad got an on-road something to run with him in the car park.  Tower helped my decision a bit by being out of stock on the M-05.  Tamiya helped me out a bit by discontinuing the XV-01 PRO and long damper variant.  To add insult to injury I'm not keen on the Lancia body nor the WRX STi Subby.  So I got the TA-07 PRO kit, Ferrari 458 body, a set of pre-mounted and glued tires (because honestly I don't know what tires and inserts to get for the included rims, my favorite basher ESC an LRP Spin.

I also finally broke down and got a Cow RC Turbo Blaster.  I hope it's as useful as the air compressors at the track are for cleaning off my cars!

01.26.2017-21.43.png

Just ignore the two odd bits of Arrma kit.  :D  They aren't nearly as important.

• Like 4

On 24/01/2017 at 10:53 PM, Chilihook said:

New 13T brushless motor and ESC from China. Arrived early too!

motorESC.jpg

I bought a couple of these sets for my boys buggies a few months back.
They were cheap so I thought I'd give them a try, thinking they wouldn't be that good.

Suprisingly fast, smooth and quiet.

• Like 1