backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

1 hour ago, Crash Cramer said:

Hey Mud, that one TL01 chassis sure looks to have a hole in it at the steering servo, is it still holding grease in the gearbox??? I wonder how someone gets a hole there?? WOW

good eye...... it does have a hole there but it's for access to the servo saver and it's apparently designed to be there. Not sure when they started doing this to the TL01 chassis but it's pretty dang smart cause I hate messing with them when.... lol. In the box was a ton of spares including the other chassis half that has the other half of the hole....lol

Postman brought me this today .

Original  working Super Champ with RC gear ,needs a bit of work to get it to display quality ..but that is half the fun .good price too AUD $213.00..

Rear wing is an added part the previous owner attached .

Pretty happy with it though..

I know the postman brought me another one maybe 2-3 years ago pretty much same condition with RC gear but don't know where it is ...maybe in the shed :P

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 1

The 'I can't believe I won with that bid' bullhead, the thing is mint! 😎

20170221_162030.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

The 'I can't believe I won with that bid' bullhead, the thing is mint! 😎

20170221_162030.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/QONVIyz.gif

LOVE IT!!!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Crash Cramer said:

That Bullhead looks GREAT. Good buy.

I would say its not had a full charge through it,and at around 1/4 of the price of a new one,a bargain!! 

The only issue I have with it, is it stinks of smoke, hence it's living in the loft for a while.

1 minute ago, Wooders28 said:

I would say its not had a full charge through it,and at around 1/4 of the price of a new one,a bargain!! 

The only issue I have with it, is it stinks of smoke, hence it's living in the loft for a while.

Would placing it into a plastic bin sealed up with about 5 lbs of rice help pull the smoke smell out of it??? I think for the bargain price, you can afford some rice to do that with???

• Like 1

It's not as bad a smell, I've bought cars worse.

I'm thinking to let it sit in the loft, in a plastic storage box, with a car air freshener for company, until the weather is a bit more favorable, may have the hobbyking duel esc by then, and try the 3s 🙄

Hang one of those air freshener things off the bull heads rear view mirror :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wooders28 said:

Take the tires off of it and wash them with regular soap. And the body: spray some fresh water over it, and leave it for a day exposed to sun (not sure if you have any sun in Scotland these days, do you?). That will take the smoke smell out of that fantastic purchase of yours :D

16 minutes ago, mongoose1983 said:

not sure if you have any sun in Scotland these days, do you?

We are lucky to get the sun in the summer 😀

nice bullhead.............. im jelly hated them at 1st and now theyve totally grown on me....

as for me.... i gots stuff

1st the free gift from the guy i scored the two TAs from in Japan

IMG_1237_zpsokvmjpzl.jpg

pretty cool

next is what else i got

-deceptacon decal sheet to finish long haul

-bearings for my M05

-replacement Top Force chassis to make it be NEW NEW

-the TA02 and 02H motor from TA guy in Japan

-and lastly a large bag of bits and pieces for my Astute and Madcap from Crash

Happy Bday to me!! (wait........ i had to pay for these items...... nvm)

IMG_1240_zpsca9exdzk.jpg

IMG_1241_zpsh7p08skl.jpg

IMG_1245_zpsvqudqktz.jpg

• Like 1

You know, that Bullhead IS big enough to hang a standard air freshener from its rearview mirror, if only it had one. :P @Mud, nice haul, I am LOVING that S2000, great car and perhaps one day when I am about 65, I can finally buy one.

Well, some more bits for a long overdue project have come in, 4 years and change on the day I got this and tore it down and still need some bits(namely a NOT insanely priced waterbox, anybody 3D printing those jewels??? PintoPower, save me. LOL

These are courtesy eBay and well, they are OUTSTANDING replicas, it was joy just opening the plastic bag they were in and taking a huge long snifffff of rubber and they are plyable and no worries in prying all those GIANT wheel plastic structure thingamabobs into the one I have shown. I know, you can't tell which is which, but here is a hint the replica has a seam running down the middle, much like stockings on a gal, or guy, you never really know anymore.

IMG_2957_zpslzymvc7x.jpg

IMG_2956_zpsnqwq4vzq.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Crash Cramer said:

[...] These are courtesy eBay and well, they are OUTSTANDING replicas, it was joy just opening the plastic bag they were in and taking a huge long snifffff of rubber and they are plyable [...]

Congrats on getting such a nice set of tires Chris! I see you're putting out some effort to get the early Toyota pick-up ready for your showroom. I am here just wondering what's about your old Toyota Bruiser, the yellow one. Have you considered working on that one? Bruisers deserve as much love as the early 4x4 pick-up trucks, pal ;)

• Like 1

No worries Erich, the Yellow Bruiser is in the works as well, it probably is more complete than the Hilux, so that will be a hurdle to complete anything as you know. Nice work on the Vette.

Postman brought me this late last year not sure if I have already mentioned it ,very rare Hirobo 44B Lancia  Rally NIB.

HIROBO 44B LANCIA.jpg

• Like 4

I just can't help myself. I see one of these things and I have to buy it.  This was waiting when I got home today. It's pretty much perfect except for some peeling decals but it's a RE RE so that a cheap easy fix. I'm even liking the silver so this will be an easy clean up and decal job with some clear over it to keep the decals from trying to jump ship again in the future. 

I'm beginning to thing I have more of this chassis than anyone else on the planet. We should take a count. :) I'm going to be in serious trouble when the green cars hit the market again with the GH2. 

4E37A5AA-508E-4F15-B91E-ABB37374FF6B_zps

052BA3AA-01F6-4FCF-9743-A9E48662B13D_zps

786677B6-54A1-4A38-A7AC-CBCB99795FBA_zps

979594D4-E885-47EE-B7CD-5E70629C9325_zps

Edited by racer1
spelling disaster from IPhone.
  • Like 4

Yesterday the post man delivered another WW project mint chassis tub arms tubes servo Saver 3 beautiful like new wheels and tires...... yes 3....why 3. Not two nice and two junk... 3 pristine wheels intact Grill and sweet roll cage. Watch this space. I'll post some before and afters. Lol. 3. 

Postman brought my new 3 channel Core Radio today.

Had a quick look over it and it seems ok I'm not happy it takes 8 AA batteries

but with the features it has its not worth bothering about.

Anyone else got one of these?

Alan

New Radio.JPG

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, guitarman said:

Postman brought my new 3 channel Core Radio today.

Had a quick look over it and it seems ok I'm not happy it takes 8 AA batteries

but with the features it has its not worth bothering about.

Anyone else got one of these?

Alan

New Radio.JPG

I've got the Tamco equivalent, seems to work quite well, although I've not finished reading the manual yet !?!

Not long taken delivery of the micro receivers, which is what I'll be buying instead of the normal supplied.

20170212_215244.jpg

I presume you can get a battery pack for them, which is why it's on a plug?

• Like 2