backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

3 minutes ago, Lee1075 said:

Managed to pick this up today from a collector near me, he has loads of nice stuff for sale all NIB like this transmitter. A Porsche 934 Black edition,  934 Jägermeister and Vaillant RTR versions. 2 vintage Kyosho Chevy stepside 4x4´s and loads more. :huh:

And about 20 of these: (Although the other 19 had no packaging).

Tamtech201.JPG

Too bad I am not closer, I could use a couple of those Tamtech radio sets, but I think I have the empty packaging here. Oh well, starting to hoard too much, time to thin things out I think.

• Like 1

A set of tamiya hex adapters, 2.2 front and rear wheels, front and rear foam inserts, a new ko propo receiver and a set of Schumacher mini spike fronts in yellow compound for my bigwig project. 

Just a shame that I made a bit of a schoolboy error and forgot to order the rears. D'oh 

On 3/3/2017 at 0:08 AM, Jonathon Gillham said:

Received a Boomerang and Novafox today, when I was expecting 2 Boomerangs. Oh well, looking at the Novafox it looks pretty cool so not going to bother with changing it.

????Was that some sort of astronomical error??? I wouldn't mind two new kits to work on, but I have worked on both those, so I think something different is in order

3 hours ago, Supercoolnothing said:

A set of tamiya hex adapters, 2.2 front and rear wheels, front and rear foam inserts, a new ko propo receiver and a set of Schumacher mini spike fronts in yellow compound for my bigwig project. 

Just a shame that I made a bit of a schoolboy error and forgot to order the rears. D'oh 

We have ALL done the same, welcome to that club

Today I didn't get my wife's surprise gift which would have made a perfect ending to the rainy dreary day we have had, but at least all the yellow pollen is at bay at the moment and I got my little metal bag with the single screw/bolt needed to make ANOTHER Manta Ray ball diff and after I inspect its contents, I am having a feeling that I will source some more as I think I just scared up a couple more gears that need guts.

Received allow wheel adapters for my r re monster beetle, an extra set of beetle rims and a motor fan for my tt02b ms

IMG_20170303_232022875_zpsiogwamf7.jpg
Postman brought me a new inexpensive 60amp ESC on Friday.   See here mounted in 911 fashion.  Unfortunately I had a rear-wheel braking lockup....
IMG_20170304_181231455_zpsmd8lovov.jpg
The car pitched and rolled end-over-end many times.  The first time I'd protected the ESC, the second time not so lucky.

Not that I'm broken up about it, it was a 22usd ESC.

New SCT kit to build....... I really miss my Slash so this will make do on the cheap.

3xemjil.jpg

And after reading reviews that it has a fragile body I got something to replace it..... came with a free Tamiya box.

z42xJgz.jpg

A Carbon body from Killerbody and an all in one motor and esc (3000kv) to power this new SCT

eH75eDH.jpg

eSRUMSA.jpg

L5u5wHe.jpg

A bunch things arrived today....

tamiya aluminum wheel adapters for my monster beetle

another set of tamiya monster beetle rims

2 associated 48p pinions for my dn-01 27t & 28t because a store here had them for only $3.50 with free shipping. Ive been using a 25t with the 77t spur since the summer and want to see if going up a few teeth increase is that much

Oh yes there was something else, arrived in the post I forgot to mention. A nice letter from Ford saying my car is paid off :)........ More money to spend on little cars :) lol 

• Like 1

Got my Boomerang today... only ordered it last Thursday 

Very happy to finally have one

FullSizeRender_zpsp91rlenj.jpg

• Like 9

The bearings for my Boomerang artived today, and its raining, the perfect day to settle in to the build...work can wait right? Or save the build for next week since I have done the Fox already this week and won't be ordering any new kits for a while

• Like 3

Decals for my re-re bigwig so it's got period correct sponsor logos, 2.2 Schumacher mini spikes so I can run it on my local carpet track and some muchmore shock lube. This project is really spiraling out of control cost wise but I don't really care.  

In non rc related arrivals I also had a packet of Carolina Reaper peppers (officially the world's hottest peppers) arrive. If you guys don't hear from me again it's been nice knowing you all 

• Like 1

Conformal coating, that's what he is bringing me today..

Last weekend out it rained a bit......I drove through a large puddle.....I removed the battery and took my rig home......next morning I fitted the battery, drove my rig around the house for 5 minutes to try and replicate a small problem, encountered out on the trail......5 minutes and the car stopped......moisture in the Rx....another one burnt out....lines across my radio set...moisture again.

So now I'm going to coat everything and put all componants into a waterproof box.....Gggrrrrrrr!!!!

A few things arrived today for my vintage Celica.

TA01 ball bearing set, Celica body, ariel pipe and splints. Just waiting on the instruction manual and MCI repro decals now and i can start the restoration. :)

These arrived today, motor and esc from the uk and the program card from the Netherlands. Ordered Monday turned up today:)

224BEF97-CBC9-4093-A94B-9E50246912E7_zps

• Like 2

A big order from Banggood arrived today, loads of wire, plugs, solder etc. Going to convert all pligs to xt60 - seemed like a good idea when I ordered but now seeing all the plugs I'm not so sure, will take all day!

My next build arrived today. 

Looking forward to the weekend :D

IMG_5759.JPG

Ordered yesterday lunchtime, arrived lunchtime today. Excellent service from PBM Racing.

Cheers chaps B) 

• Like 3

Well, the postman called again today and now my wife is starting to frown at me :unsure:

934B (1).JPG

934B (2).JPG

934B (3).JPG

Number 1035 :).

Just out of pure interest, how many were ever made?

I know most Japanese manufacturers don't use the number 13 when making limited edition runs (No idea about Tamiya though). Subaru does that, for example there were 1000 Impreza P1´s made yet the last car made was 1024/1000.

• Like 2

Hey Lee, just let her have the designer SHOPPING BAG and she should be happy??? :P

Today I got a SURPRISE box from SCollins, in it were some neat little bits, a minichamps Vaillant Porsche 934, now I will HAVE to get a Tamiya version!!!

Also some misc cool 1:24 scale Corvettes, a deck of cards and a cool HD pin, Evil Knievel style  "1" red whit and blue, very cool. Neat Tower Hobbies micro battery charger, it was like a nice grab bag of things.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Crash Cramer said:

Hey Lee, just let her have the designer SHOPPING BAG and she should be happy??? :P

Today I got a SURPRISE box from SCollins, in it were some neat little bits, a minichamps Vaillant Porsche 934, now I will HAVE to get a Tamiya version!!!

Also some misc cool 1:24 scale Corvettes, a deck of cards and a cool HD pin, Evil Knievel style  "1" red whit and blue, very cool. Neat Tower Hobbies micro battery charger, it was like a nice grab bag of things.

It would not hurt if you share with us a picture or two of your new 1:24 Corvettes, pal ;) 

• Like 1