backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

2 deliveries today soI think I have everything for racing on Sunday.

First was the motor mount for the Kyosho which the seller had forgotten to bring when I picked it up so he had to courier it.

Second was the final pieces of the puzzle - wheels, tyres, lipos and pinion 

Now I need to remember how to glue tyres again!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

2 deliveries today soI think I have everything for racing on Sunday.

First was the motor mount for the Kyosho which the seller had forgotten to bring when I picked it up so he had to courier it.

Second was the final pieces of the puzzle - wheels, tyres, lipos and pinion 

Now I need to remember how to glue tyres again!

And balance them, made a massive difference on my prolines

• Like 1

Took Project Mad Hopper Aqro Bull Shot 2 for a quick razz at lunchtime 

2017-04-06_06-57-59

It's ace with the truck wheels on gravel and grass. Not so great with fence posts though. Oops!

First test of Mad Hopper Aqro Bull Shot 2 on gravel and grass. It's bloody ace! Bigger wheels and more ground clearance mean grass running is great and still handles on the loose. Doesn't play nicely with fence posts though! Just an upright broken thankfu

Got some Pin Point tires for my TRF 211 since my "local" track is converting over from black groove clay to carpet.  A spur gear cover for my Arrma Fury basher SCT.  A Tx and Rx for the Ares Crossfire quadcopter that I can't decide if I'm going to give to my son for his birthday or keep for myself.  He has hardly touched the Ares Shadow 250 quadcopter we got him last month as a "test the waters with quads" experiment.

04.08.2017-10.08.png

My Dinky RC trailer kit and my KillerBody Oxygen tank scale kit for the Komodo.

EPJt8rn.jpg

X4T7C85.jpg

vPeEHuo.jpg

• Like 1

Very happy to receive this in an enooooourmouse box, really well packaged - thank you @SKYANDSAND.

IMG_0175_zpsqh4kadch.jpg

Lots of research, learning and planning to do, to work out what approach to take and them how to execute it. And for me, that's at least half the fun!

This will help (though I'm sure you can get copies on the net).

IMG_0177_zpsjvvmi4qi.jpg

It was Friday I think, but since it seemed this weekend was a NO COMPUTER weekend, just now get to say that ILUVMUD found me some CVA super mini shock piston rods and a steering rod for an M build, now to get another steering rod since I am not driving around a 3 wheeler. :P I did get to test drive what I have deemed a car named after James Dean's Little *******, don't know if the name will stick???

• Like 1

I bought these from Hobbyking:

2x Turnigy Accucel-6 80W 10A Balancer/Charger LiHV Capable
64345_4__3.jpg

2x HobbyKing 105W 7A Compact Power Supply (100V~240V) (EU Plug)
25283p1_1.jpg

1x Cellmaster 7 Digital Battery Health Checker
75943_1_high_4__3.jpg

2x Turnigy Temperature Sensor for Battery Charger
76275.jpg

1x 4.0mm Banana Safety Plug Kit (4pc)
77403_high.jpg

And this I ordered from Banggood:

1x GT Power Capacity Lipo Battery Tester Checker With Balance Function For RC Models

SKU263111-1.jpg

2x Multifunctional Charger 4.0mm Banana Adapter Connector T Tamiya Futaba TRX XT60 EC3 JST Wire

SKU131107A.jpg

2x 2 in 1 Lipo Battery Low Voltage Tester 1S-8S Buzzer Alarm

SKU014552_01.jpg

And on a local Ebay I found these for a steal:
2x Turnigy Lipo Bunker - Lipoly Safety Charge Box
lipobunker-main.jpg

On a no Tamiya basis, I bought from the same local Ebay site a Traxxas Grave Digger without the engine, servo and receiver for almost nothing. It provide me with cheap spare parts and a spare body for the Traxxas Grave Digger of my son.

Finally!

I've been waiting months for this to be in stock. Now I can start my 58639 build! :D

IMG_20170410_191626596.jpg

6 hours ago, Cesco said:

1x GT Power Capacity Lipo Battery Tester Checker With Balance Function For RC Models

SKU263111-1.jpg

I bought one of these, it isn't branded though, cost me like $5 shipped. 

Fantastic for seeing the state of charge in your batteries. Might get my brother in law one as he has just got into fpv drone racing.

• Like 1

A couple of paint markers for doing tyre lettering and a tube of tamiya putty, I've used this stuff loads in the past but for some reason you can't get it in the UK anymore so it had to come from China. 

20170411_115550.jpg

• Like 1

Today I got a steal of a deal on the bay.  2 MS tt02b bodies and wings. One painted and one clear.  The MS body is as awful as it looks in ads but it's a good basher shell.   A set of hideous pink MS wheels that are getting painted black.  Along with that box was my 27t pinion and 64t spur.  Look out top speed post.  I'm coming.  

IMG_2133.PNG

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Macinnis said:

Today I got a steal of a deal on the bay.  2 MS tt02b bodies and wings. One painted and one clear.  The MS body is as awful as it looks in ads but it's a good basher shell.   A set of hideous pink MS wheels that are getting painted black.  Along with that box was my 27t pinion and 64t spur.  Look out top speed post.  I'm coming.  

IMG_2133.PNG

I also thought the body on the ms was horrible, until i painted mine and mounted it. I actually like it

as far as cab forward body styles go, it's not a bad design, it is however, very dependent on the color layout over the actual colors used along with sticker placement and usage

Seriously, I declare today: R/C Day!  Once I finished working on my sons TT-02, my TRF-201, soldering up a new connector on a Traxxas NiMh charger, this cool stuff arrived by UPS:

04.14.2017-15.07.png

04.14.2017-15.10.png

04.14.2017-15.10.png

04.14.2017-15.12.png

Now to figure out how to wire up the Rx, program the flight controller, and register with the FAA...  :huh:

• Like 2

F104Pro from eseller on ebay. Inside the box, found also 54166 - F104 Aluminum Motor Mount and 54169 - F104 Aluminum Pivot Post.

Very happy.

fa7d5326-107c-4171-a76c-9d51d2afbf14.thumb.jpg.b9cf3874e5553411c11ab1427e44b336.jpg

• Like 3

Not quite the postman but a friend of mine got me a magnetic wristband thingy and after using it for a couple of days I have to say that it's pretty darn useful you can attach stuff like screws and body clips to it and you won't lose them if you have to do any work on your car when out and about. There's even an elastic strap that's strong enough to hold a standard tamiya box wrench thing. 

1492514711359.jpg