backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

52 minutes ago, Supercoolnothing said:

Another set of yeah racing df03 universals for my bigwig I put a set into the front a couple of weeks or so ago and they really improved the handling so I decided to drop another set into the rear of the car. Definitely a worthwhile upgrade for any car running Shot series gearboxes. 

How do they improve the handling? I noticed the other week one of the hop ups on the Terra Scorcher over the Thunder Dragon is front ùniversals. My TD still runs the original dog bones but I have the front end in pieces at the moment so popping in unis wouldn't be tricky.

18 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

How do they improve the handling? I noticed the other week one of the hop ups on the Terra Scorcher over the Thunder Dragon is front ùniversals. My TD still runs the original dog bones but I have the front end in pieces at the moment so popping in unis wouldn't be tricky.

They stop the shafts from binding during full lock cornering meaning smoother cornering and drive. 

• Like 1

And if you get double cardan ones which have the two joints set at 45 degrees to each other, they also help to minimise the variations in wheel speed through the course of each rotation inherent in using a two-axis dogbone or universal joint as opposed to a CV joint.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Supercoolnothing said:

They stop the shafts from binding during full lock cornering meaning smoother cornering and drive. 

Interesting. Thought it might be something like that. Seen a screaming deal on a set on ebay so got them ordered. Thanks!

• Like 1

We'll my Star Wars 74-Z Speeder Bike flying drone/quadcopter arrived from the USA today, very happy indeed. It's a fair size :)

James.

WP_20170517_15_24_49_Rich_(2).jpg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Interesting. Thought it might be something like that. Seen a screaming deal on a set on ebay so got them ordered. Thanks!

You'll definitely see a difference in the handling, just out of curiosity did you just get a set for the front or did you get two sets for front and rear? 

At the price I spotted them I got both ends.

45 minutes ago, Supercoolnothing said:

You'll definitely see a difference in the handling, just out of curiosity did you just get a set for the front or did you get two sets for front and rear? 

Generally don't have a problem the dog bones but mine are original 1988! The Dragon is a bit of thug now with 3800kv brushless and 8.4v pack so something to help handling sounds good. 

Today the postie brought little packets of shims and body pins. No photos as they aren't pretty colours ;-)

This Arma 15t brushed motor I ordered from Amazon came today.  I'm going to try it out in my Neo Fighter with a 17t pinion and a 5000mah nimh. 

33915964443_4fb5778b36_c.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

• Like 1

Today the postman brought me these handles for my Pajero..

The box is from asiatees and contains an axial jeep Cherokee hard body and lighting kit

for my next  project but as its not Tamiya I thought I better not post it here.

IMG_0423.JPG

IMG_0424.JPG

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, guitarman said:

Today the postman brought me these handles for my Pajero..

The box is from asiatees and contains an axial jeep Cherokee hard body and lighting kit

for my next  project but as its not Tamiya I thought I better not post it here.

IMG_0423.JPG

IMG_0424.JPG

We aren't that mean, you can post non Tamiya stuff here, would like to see what you are building there with some chrome bits.

Okay I wasn't sure about posting non Tamiya stuff.

Here is where 2 of the Chrome Handles went and some pictures of my just about finished Pajero.

IMG_0426.JPG

IMG_0427.JPG

IMG_0431.JPG

• Like 2

The postman also brought me a large box from Asiatees.

The solid body for an Axial SCX10 II 2000 Jeep Cherokee which is my next big build.

Lots of bags of parts and chrome.Free Light Kit and Free Decals.

The body comes in 2 halves and when put together measures 18" Long and 8" Wide.

IMG_0437.JPG

IMG_0438.JPG

IMG_0439.JPG

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, guitarman said:

The postman also brought me a large box from Asiatees.

The solid body for an Axial SCX10 II 2000 Jeep Cherokee which is my next big build.

Lots of bags of parts and chrome.Free Light Kit and Free Decals.

The body comes in 2 halves and when put together measures 18" Long and 8" Wide.

IMG_0437.JPG

IMG_0438.JPG

IMG_0439.JPG

Great looking stuff there and I think I can speak for a large amount of us that do want to see Tamiya stuff here, but we are not obtuse enough to think it is the ONLY great looking RC stuff out there. Keep on sharing and showing us what you are up to, I like the old Jeeps, shame Tamiya can't get their heads on straight and do some of the licensed stuff to the great level of detail they have been known for for so long now.

On 2017-05-14 at 7:42 PM, Effigy3 said:

More bits arrived for my next TT-02 rally project. Some came from far, far away too.

05.14.2017-18.42.png

Do those TT01 shafts work on the ta02 arms?

4 hours ago, marcod13 said:

Do those TT01 shafts work on the ta02 arms?

No, you can mix and match from different chassis,s to make a set up,like the 48.5 from a TL01 and the other's (I think) from a TGX.

Or just keep an eye out for a set of 53098.

• Like 1

Ni-mh battery pack for my Tx.

No picture as its not that exciting.

This came in today...

DSC_0010.thumb.JPG.7ab76218989a30b77ffdd5b81da13811.JPG

And yes I know, everyone, I know... Compared to those stupendous anodised countersunk washers I got the other day this is a tad boring. I honestly don't know how I can surpass those full glorious technicolor washers! :P^_^ 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, guitarman said:

Ni-mh battery pack for my Tx.

No picture as its not that exciting.

LIAR, I find that very Excit.....zzzzz ;)

13 minutes ago, VagabondStarJXF said:

This came in today...

DSC_0010.thumb.JPG.7ab76218989a30b77ffdd5b81da13811.JPG

And yes I know, everyone, I know... Compared to those stupendous anodised countersunk washers I got the other day this is a tad boring. I honestly don't know how I can surpass those full glorious technicolor washers! :P^_^ 

Well, you know, it is a bit of a tie since this one has the 2 BODIES INCLUDED!!!! :P

• Like 2

IMG_2239.jpg

Two days back but whatever.

Why did I do this? I have enough to do.....

• Like 5

Wonderful, yummy, fabulous, OCD calming, thin head stainless Allen bolts (socket head cap)

I am at peace with the world.

IMG_1715_zpssqxrmcwe.jpg

• Like 1

Today my motor, pinion and sensor cable arrived from Modelsport for my DT-03T project. Just one more payday's worth of bits to order and I can get the build started!