backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Today the postie brought a re-release Hotshot prop shaft and set of prop shaft joints.

Yesterday, I received some radshape suspension mounts, some lexan scissors and a pair of sprue cutters.

Thursday it was an rcbearings ballrace set, plus extra rubber shielded bearings.

Earlier in the week a Core RC radio set, charger and servo were delivered.

All of the above for the Boomerang kit that I picked up yesterday.

• Like 2

@Wooders28 yeah fairly quiet considering that's the first RC stuff I've bought for over 20 years ;)

Next week I'm expecting some paint, masking tape and LiFe battery pack for the transmitter. I did actually already get a battery pack, but didn't pay close enough attention and ordered the wrong one, so will have to return it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

What chassis is the Alpine A110 on? I really like those in 1:1 but won't ever own one, but a little version...

It's an M02 Chassis.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, calicool said:

It's an M02 Chassis.

I know this should be in a different thread, but does that mean the body would fit the M05? That is a common class here that most clubs race and I have toyed with it as the second class if I do buy a touring car.

14 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

I know this should be in a different thread, but does that mean the body would fit the M05? That is a common class here that most clubs race and I have toyed with it as the second class if I do buy a touring car.

Alpine A110 is a 210mm wheelbase shell.

And it's been repopped on M05Ra & M06 ;)

https://www.tamiyausa.com/product/item.php?product-id=58591

http://tamiya.com/english/products/58471alpine/index.htm

15 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Yes it will fit any of the M chassis. it has been released with all the M RWD's and on the M05ra.

Hi there I think it also fits the ta05 m-four if you want something a bit different lol 

• Like 1

Finally got my yeah racing aluminum front shock tower and wheel axles for my tto2b ms to replace the front universals

IMG_2810.JPG

Wonderful, yummy, fabulous, OCD calming, thin head stainless Allen bolts (socket head cap)

I am at peace with the world.

IMG_1715_zpssqxrmcwe.jpg

• Like 1

IMG_1755_zpsnekkgrxe.jpg

Allen head 3mm stainless self tappers. 10mm,12mm and 16mm long.

"Heaven, I'm in heaven......"

• Like 2

My post bag was boring but varied.

revo rod ends, some aluminium rod stock, a big chunk of delrin I'll never be able to cut ha, set screws and washers

Got some bearings in preparation for the GF06 and some TA02 axle thingies...

IMG_2204_zpsmlrhcrbc.jpg

and my holy grail..... original super champ decals

IMG_2202_zpsn6izskes.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, iluvmud said:

Got some bearings in preparation for the GF06 and some TA02 axle thingies...

IMG_2204_zpsmlrhcrbc.jpg

Are there any bearings left for others to buy? Does that kit need all of them, or do you stock up every so often?

My TBLE-02S arrived today so my Bommerang can go again. Seems strange that I can get one from the other side of the world for 1/3 of the price locally

1 minute ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Are there any bearings left for others to buy? Does that kit need all of them, or do you stock up every so often?

My TBLE-02S arrived today so my Bommerang can go again. Seems strange that I can get one from the other side of the world for 1/3 of the price locally

I normally buy in batches.... thought ivbought a lot when I bought 48 normal and 30 of the smaller..... the gf06 takes like 36 total so I won't have too many left after that build.... maybe enough to finish my tlt01 that I'm gonna sell.... I hope.

• Like 1

I think I checked the tracking on this parcel so many times I'll be reported for stalking.

GFIYMjy.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Blista said:

I think I checked the tracking on this parcel so many times I'll be reported for stalking.

If it makes you feel any better, I have been known to partake in a bit of parcel stalking before... it's because the 'excitement' to 'is it here yet' ratio gets askew.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, berman said:

If it makes you feel any better, I have been known to partake in a bit of parcel stalking before... it's because the 'excitement' to 'is it here yet' ratio gets askew.

Honestly.... I'm a tracking ho..... Ive got them all saved on my phone and check it at least twice a day.................. It's a sickness. :(

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Blista said:

Haha I think you're in the majority, once my stuff is in the country I'll be pacing around the house, looking at the letterbox and checking the tracking every 10mins. Well it feels like that anyway

• Like 2

2 hours ago, berman said:

The time between "Left origin" and "Arrived at destination" is the roughest.  It feels like I'm NASA tracking Apollo 13.

2 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Haha I think you're in the majority, once my stuff is in the country I'll be pacing around the house, looking at the letterbox and checking the tracking every 10mins. Well it feels like that anyway

I was at home and happened to notice a courier van park outside a house down the street.  You'd think I was a kid seeing Santa Claus.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

...and waiting for the ransom note from Parcel Force :-(

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Oh brilliant and I thought it was only me who did that.