backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

A few pieces arrived from Shapeways 

IMG_0264_zpsgotfa7bo.jpg~original

M03 gear cover and a few WW2 pieces, including a 'motor washer ' in case I need a new motor for my M38.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Granddad Stinky said:

Got tyres, quite a few of them, just for hooning around.

IMG_1789_zpstnghebcs.jpg

Ooooo! What are those tyres!? EBay?

I see FleaBay links don't work.

Item No. 262861701951

• Like 1

P|ostman didn't bring it, I fetched myself from PoundWorld..

AM planning on stripping, cleaning and rebuilding my Twin Detonator and I wanted to keep the parts for each section together - e.g. front suspension parts, rear suspension, front gearbox, rear gearbox.

So I popped in to PoundWorld and bought a couple of packs of plastic tubs - the kind you get some takeaways in - in 2 sizes, shallow and deep.

Thought I could pop the parts form a section in one of those, along with a post-it to tell me what they are. Then I (hopefully) won't lose anything.

Also bought a bottle of "Elbow Grease" degreaser, which I thought might be useful for cleaning the various bits and pieces.

• Like 1

A couple of weeks ago I found a TC showroom entry of an M3 from 2011 with some amazing aluminium BBS wheels. I located a set on eBay but at £100 they were a lot more than I was willing to pay.

A bit of detective work lead me to the original eBay seller in Hong Kong and an auction that ended in July 2013. On the off chance I emailed the seller and incredibly he still had a set left!

These will get the centres painted gold and fitted on my next E30 M3.

bbs-e50-alu.jpg

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Granddad Stinky said:

I see FleaBay links don't work.

Item No. 262861701951

AND they don't seem to come up with that number when I am looking on eBay for those exact item numbers, great search engine folks at eBay@Q!!

3 hours ago, Truck Norris said:

A couple of weeks ago I found a TC showroom entry of an M3 from 2011 with some amazing aluminium BBS wheels. I located a set on eBay but at £100 they were a lot more than I was willing to pay.

A bit of detective work lead me to the original eBay seller in Hong Kong and an auction that ended in July 2013. On the off chance I emailed the seller and incredibly he still had a set left!

These will get the centres painted gold and fitted on my next E30 M3.

bbs-e50-alu.jpg

THOSE are just stunning Truck, they look to have a proper offset in the center nut section unlike the Tamiya made ones. I can't wait to see what you do with them.

UPS brought this little lot today.Should keep me busy for a while.

Should I get a new radio or use the Rx in the picture?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, guitarman said:

UPS brought this little lot today.Should keep me busy for a while.

Should I get a new radio or use the Rx in the picture?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Work out a power hood mechanism first. 👍

• Like 1

Modelsport devilery number 2 this week.

Not saying I am the reason they sold out of their allocation so quick but I didn't help.

IMG_20170607_121114068-1336x752.jpg

• Like 2

So now I've one of the on road thingy me bobs! 😎

20170607_123959.jpg

• Like 3

Picked up a not-quite-as-good-as-I-hoped TA01 which needs a new front upright and bearings at the very least. Last owner bodged something blue on there which really isn't right. Anyone got one by any chance? 

Fingers crossed I don't find anything else catastrophic.

I've been on a work course in Luton the last couple of days. Arrived back at work to a couple of bits the postman left me. 

The ProLine rear tyres for my TA02 widetrack are finally here :) 

995231F6-DC96-462C-A118-2CC7FA8FBC71_zps

I'm going to be running Lipo batteries on mine and my kids cars but decided I wanted something safe to store the batteries in when being charged. This cost a whole £10 on eBay :)

19F685A3-5FD6-4F20-AF1B-1699D4F89A6E_zps

3DA37BD2-BAC0-49F7-8016-89C33A44393F_zps

I reckon it'll do the job!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Sammo said:

I'm going to be running Lipo batteries on mine and my kids cars but decided I wanted something safe to store the batteries in when being charged. This cost a whole £10 on eBay :)

That's exactly what I use to store my batteries in, it works well (I haven't had any lipos explode so I haven't been able to test that but as a box it's great) and looks cool into the bargain. What more do you need? 

9 hours ago, Sammo said:

I went for similar, for peace of mind.

Watched a couple of vids on YouTube on,seal or no seal (Noel Edmonds?🙄)  I deceded on no seal to release pressure.

12 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

So now I've one of the on road thingy me bobs! 😎

20170607_123959.jpg

Has your wife relented on no more rc purchases or was this a defiant purchase? You're much braver than most if it was!

My Ultima RB6.6 arrived today. Its immaculate and has a few nice alloy bits on it. A very confusing manual given it has so many options on transmission types and motor positions. I also don't know if its set up with side or straight mount battery which impacts on where the electronics go. Oh well, hopefully I can get it going to try it out this weekend at a local 8th scale track

1 hour ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Has your wife relented on no more rc purchases or was this a defiant purchase? You're much braver than most if it was!

I managed to bargain another purchase, last one for the year, but, she wasn't home when it arrived, so the next one to arrive will be the last chassis to arrive this year........😕🙈 (managed to stipulate 'rc car' , will still need consumables,tyres, shock oil, boat etc) 

1 hour ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

My Ultima RB6.6 arrived today. Its immaculate and has a few nice alloy bits on it. A very confusing manual given it has so many options on transmission types and motor positions. I also don't know if its set up with side or straight mount battery which impacts on where the electronics go. Oh well, hopefully I can get it going to try it out this weekend at a local 8th scale track

Glad its arrived!

I'm sure you'll work out all the finer details once you stop dropping it from small heights marvelling at the awesome suspension  (just me that does that then!) Or you could just contact the seller.

Enjoy! 😁

• Like 1

Some more orange pieces and a super bee kill switch for the 5B.

hEdHHWC.jpg

vLFP5qi.jpg

EIBs5wT.jpg

y3VsyZs.jpg

5Sk565R.jpg

• Like 1

Had these few bits arrive in the last few days.

2 pairs of HPI Mud Thrasher tyres.

2 pairs of GMade XD Diaphragm 93mm shocks

2 GPM Twin Detonator aluminium shock towers 

GPM Twin Detonator aluminium front and rear knuckle arms.

RW Racing 16t and 17t 32dp pinion gears for my Boomerang.

Not pictured, some red and black heat shrink tubing, a heat gun (never had one and it'll save me pinching the other halfs hair dryer) and a deans to XT60 adapter.

Have got some deans connectors already and waiting for some XT60s to arrive. Not decided which to use on my batteries yet.

jx60FIgk9bGWTXskYLlpErZVex41lugtQH1_UOd6

I just couldn't resist this at £80.

I'm thinking truggy or Beetle body with a bit of sand racer/rock racer long shocks and raised body type thingy.

I'd be interested in other ideas though.IMG_1804_zpskwanz72m.jpg

• Like 3

This arrived at work today. Just need to order an ESC to go with it. 

B59DBE0C-F549-4FC3-845F-FFBF37F08ABE_zps

D1B8B3EE-AD47-4373-96F7-0E652DF5F24F_zps

• Like 2