backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

On 2017-6-16 at 6:04 AM, StrokerBoy said:

No, it's the WR-02 VW Bus, usually known as the '23 window'...

I should have looked for an XB one.

Oh wow, that bus didn't even cross my mind. Funny thing is I used to think they were really whack on a monster chassis, but now I really want a WR-02 and although most go for the WW2, I really want the T2 or the Jimny. I hope you have better luck with the T2 body than your previous endeavours with polycarbonate. I had a facepalm moment, I cut all the window masks by hand on my bronco until i peeled them off and and realised they were all precut. 😧 Luckily the printed cut lines were all outside the precut lines so I only had to peel a little border off each piece.

3 hours ago, Supercoolnothing said:

The wee dot on the screws signifies they're JIS screws, apparently they're used in a lot of Japanese stuff (funny that) 

I got mine from wonderland models 

https://www.wonderlandmodels.com/products/tamiya-crosshead-screwdriver-pro-medium/ Medium driver 

https://www.wonderlandmodels.com/products/tamiya-crosshead-screwdriver-pro-large/ Large driver 

They really are some of the best tools I've used and definitely worth the money. I think my next tool purchase is going to be this set 

https://www.wonderlandmodels.com/products/tamiya-rc-tool-set-8pc/

I've been developing a bit of a tool fetish recently and having the right tools for the job definitely makes my life a lot easier. 

Thanks for that. My Xmas/Birthday list has definitely grown since being on here. 👍

Quick collection upgrade; all mib. The Bush Devil is fully sealed inside, body shell still stapled to the backing etc.

IMG_20170617_140615955-1202x2137.jpg

• Like 12

Today I've had new metal and plastic gears, and a new counter shaft arrive for my boys Mad Bull. Hopefully that'll fix the nasty noise.

Also had a tube of Finish Line Ceramic bike grease (all labelled in Italian) arrive.

Today I received the metal drivetrain bits for my DT-03T project. Diff outdrives, dogbones and axles. Brilliant quick service from Tony's Tamiya Parts!

On 6/16/2017 at 1:34 PM, Supercoolnothing said:

The wee dot on the screws signifies they're JIS screws, apparently they're used in a lot of Japanese stuff (funny that) 

I got mine from wonderland models 

https://www.wonderlandmodels.com/products/tamiya-crosshead-screwdriver-pro-medium/ Medium driver 

https://www.wonderlandmodels.com/products/tamiya-crosshead-screwdriver-pro-large/ Large driver 

They really are some of the best tools I've used and definitely worth the money. I think my next tool purchase is going to be this set 

https://www.wonderlandmodels.com/products/tamiya-rc-tool-set-8pc/

I've been developing a bit of a tool fetish recently and having the right tools for the job definitely makes my life a lot easier. 

I fully agree with my astonishment on how well the Tamiya screwdrivers worked with the hardware after using simple Craftsman for years, but about 17 years ago, I did buy a set of German screwdrivers from an electronics supply store of sorts and they too work much better than simple Craftsman SAE.

ONE COMMENT on that 8 piece set, it will be great FOR THE TRACK OR PORTABLE USE, I wouldn't buy it unless you were really tight on work space or have tiny Dwarf/Hobbit hands as the driver tools handles are a bit wee and then you only get ONE slide on grip handle and it kinda stinks to change out the driver tool for the larger grip simply because of one screw in this step or that step. You get my drift I think. I like the set I have, but it really isn't something I would have bought if I had known about the size of the driver handle and the struggles I have had with it. Mind you, I threw it in my pit box and works wonders in a pinch for working with the set screws from time to time.

If you find the OLD Tamiya BLACK HANDLED screwdrivers on clearence somewhere, perhaps that will make you feel great about the purchase of a $10 screwdriver, but it is WORTH IT IMHO after having my single screwdrivers a few years now.

9 hours ago, Prescient said:

Quick collection upgrade; all mib. The Bush Devil is fully sealed inside, body shell still stapled to the backing etc.

IMG_20170617_140615955-1202x2137.jpg

What a great set of BlackFEET.

11 hours ago, Crash Cramer said:

What a great set of BlackFEET.

Cheers, only missing an original now. The seller has one but it's too much at the moment. 

Got a new Blackfoot III kit + 2016 rere too which almost completes the set (+ a few Bush Devil IIs although it sort of counts)

Taken some more SBF shots in the what have you done today thread.

I've wanted a Monster Beetle for a long time. Finally had one delivered yesterday from Tower.  Have the full bearings, tactic servo, MIP diff. I am going to order the sicnme shock towers next. 

Bottle of Autosmart Tardis arrived, for my attempt to salvage my badly-painted shell.  I've not opened the bottle yet just the external packaging, but the house has filled with noxious fumes already and the bottle is now stashed at the end of the garden.

18 minutes ago, StrokerBoy said:

Bottle of Autosmart Tardis arrived, for my attempt to salvage my badly-painted shell.  I've not opened the bottle yet just the external packaging, but the house has filled with noxious fumes already and the bottle is now stashed at the end of the garden.

Not to say I told u so, but even though it isn't easy to source the polycarbonate cleaner, it is WELL worth it as it doesn't stink as much as you are describing this Tardis stuff, but if you got a sonic screwdriver with your order, I can understand.

• Like 1

More a carboot find for two quid but a Midnight Pumpkin Chrome edition spares or repairs. Yeah, repairs...

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Country Mike said:

More a carboot find for two quid but a Midnight Pumpkin Chrome edition spares or repairs. Yeah, repairs...

2 quid!!! 😨

My new hex drivers arrived this morning which was a surprise given the shipping time was 7 - 30 days. I'm sure my last rcmart order took a couple of weeks.

They are lighter than I expected, @Wooders28 how do you find yours? 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

My new hex drivers arrived this morning which was a surprise given the shipping time was 7 - 30 days. I'm sure my last rcmart order took a couple of weeks.

They are lighter than I expected, @Wooders28 how do you find yours? 

That's always good news!! 

I found them a tight fit to start with, but good to use.

Some of the bolts on the KF2 had been put in with threadlock,and without a doubt , i would have rounded the heads with my normal Allen keys, these got them out no bother, ( I say no bother, 2 hands on the driver and trying to stop the car turning with my elbows! 🙄) 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

That's always good news!! 

I found them a tight fit to start with, but good to use.

Some of the bolts on the KF2 had been put in with threadlock,and without a doubt , i would have rounded the heads with my normal Allen keys, these got them out no bother, ( I say no bother, 2 hands on the driver and trying to stop the car turning with my elbows! 🙄) 

link to said hex drivers?

also the Postman loves me today......

Got in my Egress parts.. thank you Mr @Tamiya Era !!

Got in a new carb and fuel and air filter for my Edger (taking the engine apart it looks like the problem is with my gas tank :( )

And got in my NOB Street Devil!!!!

IMG_2383_zpsp9nxgz0i.jpg

a close up pic for Hong Kong Phooey @Dojo Dave

IMG_2384_zps6ycmms34.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, iluvmud said:

These are the ones I got today, Wooders has similar ones, same brand and I think probably the same.

http://www.rcmart.com/promotion-tools-pack-racer-5pcs-p-36904.html?cPath=456_970

Gooneybird has these as well and still going after 5 years so can't be too bad!

13 hours ago, iluvmud said:

And they work for tamiyas?

Yes, if the Tamiya has hex screws. I know the entry level kits don't but I think TRF and some in between do. My Tamiyas are TT02b, Boomerang and Novafox which use the standard JIS screws but these are for my Kyosho Lazer and Ultima.

On 6/19/2017 at 9:34 PM, iluvmud said:

also the Postman loves me today......

Got in my Egress parts.. thank you Mr @Tamiya Era !!

Got in a new carb and fuel and air filter for my Edger (taking the engine apart it looks like the problem is with my gas tank :( )

And got in my NOB Street Devil!!!!

IMG_2383_zpsp9nxgz0i.jpg

a close up pic for Hong Kong Phooey @Dojo Dave

IMG_2384_zps6ycmms34.jpg

Those tires don't quite look right for that chassis. Just sayin' ;)

2 hours ago, Crash Cramer said:

Those tires don't quite look right for that chassis. Just sayin' ;)

Whatevs... you know they're going to be perfect on there going for something like this80a4189bf8ea0122cbadbab9e446337c--hot-ro

hot isn't it!?!?!?

• Like 3

In think I've used up all my birthdays and Christmas's for the next ten years. We couldn't afford it but hey-ho, we wouldn't have had another chance.

IMG_1919_zpse6buyqrp.jpg

• Like 5

On 6/20/2017 at 10:50 PM, iluvmud said:

Whatevs... you know they're going to be perfect on there going for something like this80a4189bf8ea0122cbadbab9e446337c--hot-ro

hot isn't it!?!?!?

Oh, well, if THAT is the look you are going for, well, yep they will work. and YES, it is hot..... A HOT MESS. :D

On 6/21/2017 at 4:50 AM, iluvmud said:

hot isn't it!?!?!?

That's boggin! Lol