backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Got my new chassis for my dt03t from tamiyausa. Going to strip it down and rebuild asap

Today's haul is some lights for the Holiday Buggy, servo saver for the DT-03 and £1.05 worth of aluminium alloy bar to make a prop shaft, for the TT-02B project.

IMG_1923_zpsptxxss3r.jpg

An F103GT and a Montech MF10 bodyshell for it, this way I get to save the lovely Nissan one for display duty.

o734C2K.jpg?1

• Like 7

22 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

An F103GT and a Montech MF10 bodyshell for it, this way I get to save the lovely Nissan one for display duty.

o734C2K.jpg?1

most of the body shells I have are meant for shelf queen duties. I actually have 2-3 body shells PER chassis.

• Like 1

Wheels and tyres arrived so I can make a spare wheel to hang off the back of my Pajero Sport.

How I'm going to attach i have no idea.

Can anyone offer a solution please.

4 hours ago, guitarman said:

Wheels and tyres arrived so I can make a spare wheel to hang off the back of my Pajero Sport.

How I'm going to attach i have no idea.

Can anyone offer a solution please.

JunFac spare wheel mount? Fastrax spare wheel mount? RC4WD spare wheel mount? A bolt through the back of the shell?

Yesterday I finally got the missing half of the front lamp to complete my 1981 original Sand Rover beach buggy.

2pANFgz.jpg

I'm sooooooo happy! Thanks ever so much @casethejoint!! Also, thank you for the KC and Hella lamp decals, they're super nice!

Now I have to find a way to get the stuff that's waiting for me up north in the US. That's where the Cibie lamp decals for this buggy are sitting nowadays. Apart of those, I have to find some optionals for the gauges and license plate. If not possible in the next few months, I'll have to go hit the custom road with http://www.acme.com/licensemaker/ A plate from some East coast State would fit my idea, North Carolina perhaps?

If anybody wants to have a look at the build/paint thread here's a link: https://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/80636-1981-sand-rover-rc-project/

You all have a good Sunday! :)

• Like 8

12 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

JunFac spare wheel mount? Fastrax spare wheel mount? RC4WD spare wheel mount? A bolt through the back of the shell?

Thanks TurnipJF

Now I remember I did ask the question previously but I had forgotten.

7 hours ago, TheMidnight Pumpkin said:

Look what I got in the mail yesterday! 

tam58512_20kit_large.jpeg

I just love these VW's they are the best body IMO that's been put on WR02 chassis (but the hardest body I've ever painted thought)

resizer (1).jpg

• Like 4

7 hours ago, moffman said:

I just love these VW's they are the best body IMO that's been put on WR02 chassis (but the hardest body I've ever painted thought)

resizer (1).jpg

These are so mad. They're GRRRRREATTT!!

IMG_1936_zpslgtcvsko.png

• Like 2

19 hours ago, moffman said:

resizer (1).jpg

I was thinking about painting mine with a brush since there's so many tiny areas around the windows. I figure taping all those would be a nightmare when I could just hand paint the details in. Though brushing these bodies does leave them more susceptible to paint flaking off from crash impacts. I was also considering just painting the roof & back windows black, leaving only the fronts clear. Lastly I also kind of wish they would have sold these with an interior tray to hide the RC guts seen through all the windows. But yeah, I love these bodies!

• Like 1

A sub contractor for parcel force del my Mfc-03  from tonys tamiya parts and thanks to their careful handling the box is caved in rite by the the fragile sticker

IMG_20170626_125202.jpg

IMG_20170626_125234.jpg

• Like 2

................... couldnt resist this rare turd.... New unfinished build guy even included a NIB hump pack batt. and an old magazine clipping of the rig itself... pretty cool!

IMG_2399_zps0fbnhoyo.jpg

IMG_2406_zpslcm1ynvd.jpg

IMG_2407_zps1s4upp85.jpg

• Like 10

3 hours ago, iluvmud said:

................... couldnt resist this rare turd.... New unfinished build guy even included a NIB hump pack batt. and an old magazine clipping of the rig itself... pretty cool!

IMG_2399_zps0fbnhoyo.jpg

IMG_2406_zpslcm1ynvd.jpg

IMG_2407_zps1s4upp85.jpg

I've never seen that kit before. This is a dumb question. But where does the body pin on at?  It appears to pin on in the truck bed on the back. Or are those holes for the roll bar? I don't see any holes in the front? Thanks

They have a slot at the front where the body slides into the chassis, prone to breaking off. They are the predecessors to the lunchbox/pumpkin chassis. (Uses the higher up mounting points for the arms and rear gearbox if you look at a pumpkin chassis. The slot for the front and the smaller shock mounts were omitted when they built the lunchbox/pumpkin)

I have a well WELL used one of these, hoot to drive, suprised this model didnt come with a 380 motor as it is really fast and barely controllable with a silvercan! 

img29688_16042013231413_5_zpsn29om12n.jp

• Like 4

Nothing Tamiya but a new rev counter for my V8 Capri 😊.

I love the fact the box say's Leyparts "Quality" Parts 😆😆😆 not something many people would agree with!

WP_20170627_21_02_56_Pro.jpg

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

No one ever got upset at seeing a picture of a Capri!

you might if you see mine!

2 minutes ago, svenb said:

you might if you see mine!

Haha touché, I'd love a Capri Brooklands RC shell.

mine is green but not a 280

only picture I have on my phone-

WP_20170216_002.jpg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, svenb said:

mine is green but not a 280

only picture I have on my phone-

WP_20170216_002.jpg

Real nice!

A mate transplanted a late 80's fox body 302 into a 1.6 laser, banded the rear steel wheels, made a turn down just out of sight , but left the pea shooter sticking out of the back. A proper sleeper, I did like that car.

• Like 2

Those unmistakable headlights... who needs angel eyes! Nice Sven good luck with the resto! 

• Like 2