backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Had a few bits delivered.

A Lunchbox black edition for my lad.

2 Quicrun 1060 ESCs, one for the Lunchbox, the other for my other boys Mad Bull.

2 Core RC micro receivers, one for my Blackfoot the other as a spare.

An Etronix digital servo which will be swapped into my Twin Detonator.

A can of TS-14 black paint for the LB body.

2 Overlander 3300mah battery packs, for the boys cars.

And a bright yellow Fastrax work stand.

I've also received a set of bearings for the LB and a set of new drive belts for my Procat.

Hopefully early next week I'll receive a set of tyres and wheels, plus a re-re body, from another member on here, for my Blackfoot.

Could be a busy week or two ahead.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, topforcein said:

i'm using the same esc in my bruiser and tbh for the price of it it's great

Yeah I have quite a few of them and they are a great alternative to the tamiya escs, especially being waterproof, 2s and 3s compatible and 12t limit, all for $20usd shipped. The only place it doesn't work well is in my Scania with the Beier USM-2, the throttle sound and auto calibration don't like each other, so my truck revs a little in neutral and it is a mission to get the beeper in reverse. I will go back to a Tekin FXR for that soon.

• Like 1

Well, lets see how I do posting with this i-thingy.🙂

Got some M chassis shocks, 54000 or be exact as well as my first proper FF02, the Celica. I have thought for some time to get the FF02 since I have the FF01 Civic as well as the FF03 chassis as well, now completed the "set", I suspect Tamiya will now come out with an FF04 to make me get another kit.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Crash Cramer said:

I have thought for some time to get the FF02 since I have the FF01 Civic as well as the FF03 chassis as well, now completed the "set", I suspect Tamiya will now come out with an FF04 to make me get another kit.

Prepare your wallet.

https://www.tamiyausa.com/items/radio-control-kits-30/fwd-on-road-cars-(ff01-02-03)-36250/rc-ff-04-evo-chassis-kit-84422

4 hours ago, Crash Cramer said:

Got some M chassis shocks, 54000 or be exact...

I have them on my M-06, love them! Want another set for my M-03 as well 😊

4 hours ago, Blista said:

Well, I think I will take a note from my Mom and Dad and "stop at 3" ;) I think that would cost far to much to justify.

57 minutes ago, berman said:

I have them on my M-06, love them! Want another set for my M-03 as well 😊

That is great, I got a SUPER deal on them since they were MAKE OFFER and it is a shame Tamiya doesn't know how to put the build instructions inside the box for any of the M chassis past 3&4, so I guess I will see if there were any suggestions in the build manual of the M5&6 chassis, when I get to them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crash Cramer said:

That is great, I got a SUPER deal on them since they were MAKE OFFER and it is a shame Tamiya doesn't know how to put the build instructions inside the box for any of the M chassis past 3&4, so I guess I will see if there were any suggestions in the build manual of the M5&6 chassis, when I get to them.

I don't fully understand but do you mean you want the instructions for the dampers?

16 minutes ago, berman said:

I don't fully understand but do you mean you want the instructions for the dampers?

Not exactly, I have the included single sheet folded up that tells you about which piston to use as well as spring suggestions, but they all only seem to apply to M03 and M04 specs, none included for the M05 or M06.

20 minutes ago, Crash Cramer said:

Not exactly, I have the included single sheet folded up that tells you about which piston to use as well as spring suggestions, but they all only seem to apply to M03 and M04 specs, none included for the M05 or M06.

Oh right. The extra pair of damper shafts that are included with the M06, those two are needed for rear (I think) shocks in the 54000 kit. 

My Savox servo and aluminium servo mounts arrived today :)

Not tamiya related but since I know a few folk on here are into them as well I'll post it anyway. I got a few nice wee hot wheels cars to start off a mini collection. I got the luke skywalker and boba fett star wars cars, a 32 Ford hot rod, a 68 Dodge dart, a 67 Chevy C10 and something called a Bone Racer which is a weird stretched out hot rod thing which looks like it's based on an old Ford. I'm pretty pleased with my haul and am toying with pulling a couple of them apart to repaint and up the detail on them. 

Today I've had a parcel arrive containing a brand new re-re Blackfoot body, with all of the trimmings, as well as a set of wheels and tyres. All thanks to @njmlondon

KohCZHWr_0sThtnbuzGpzkS8d2IaeoQBeFFmbkWI

A new cheap and cheerful radio set arrived, Flysky GT2g. Well I hope its cheerful anyway. Now just need the esc and I will have all 7 cars able to be driven, just not all at once since 3 use the same tx

12 hours ago, DaveBuildsRC said:

today I got my mazda 6 gx 190mm body and magnets for my tt02. 

Can you follow up about the magnets instead of normal ole' posts? I really don't want to drill up my future shells and I'd appreciate if you can tell us how good they hold up in everything in place.

Thanks!

My first Tamiya brushless, for my TA07. I finally succumbed to temptation

IMG_0247.jpg

• Like 5

18 hours ago, ybaryo said:

Can you follow up about the magnets instead of normal ole' posts? I really don't want to drill up my future shells and I'd appreciate if you can tell us how good they hold up in everything in place.

Thanks!

Those mag mounts look very near the ones I bought a few months ago. They are a bit wonky on the standard diameter bodyposts that Tamiya include in the kits. Then there is the issue of getting the mount to contour to the curves(or in my case, the flats) of the body you want to mount. Oh yea, how could I forget the fact that they add some 15mm in height to the body mount poles themselves, so don't go looking for a slammed look.

18 hours ago, ybaryo said:

Thanks!

The magnets seem strong, but still working on the body body. Will edit when done. 

5 hours ago, Crash Cramer said:

Those mag mounts look very near the ones I bought a few months ago. They are a bit wonky on the standard diameter bodyposts that Tamiya include in the kits. Then there is the issue of getting the mount to contour to the curves(or in my case, the flats) of the body you want to mount. Oh yea, how could I forget the fact that they add some 15mm in height to the body mount poles themselves, so don't go looking for a slammed look.

Admittedly, I have yet to fit the rear wheels and glue the mounts to the body of my BMW 2002 but I was impressed with the Killerbody stealth mount set I bought. It includes screws to secure the lower mount to the body post. The body posts do need trimming down - I'll need to lower mine by approx 1 hole - but I think if you are happy to do a bit of assemble / measure / disassemble / cut / re-assemble / measure / stick / stand back and cheer (or groan) then they should work well.

• Like 1

More excitement today, more temptation given in to:

IMG_0248.jpg

I quite fancy a different body on it though, and some less blingy wheels :D

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, jupitertwo said:

More excitement today, more temptation given in to:

IMG_0248.jpg

I quite fancy a different body on it though, and some less blingy wheels :D

I looked long and hard at Tamico this week but then decided that I really had enough cars for the moment.

Looks like a fun build - I had a read of @Nitomor 's build log.

Of course, having made my decision, I then had an argument with Mrs B, got *******ed off and hit eBay. I just may have ended up with two Dual Hunters arriving tomorrow...

50 minutes ago, Prescient said:

@Euro199 that Vajra is great value.

Performance is meh though.

Must admit this looks interesting. Can performance be un-mehed? What's lacking? Any recommended hop-ups or upgrades?