backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

So, finally bit the bullet and bought a core radio, the one I wanted in the first place.

20170722_164526.jpg

I was bidding on one on eBay, then I got an email to say I'd been outbid, so bought this. Then got an email to say the bids had been retracted so I was the highest bidder again! Looking at the bids, the bidder had a feedback of 3, and bid until I was outbid, then cancelled. Bit suspicious for my liking, but managed to get my bid cancelled too.

• Like 3

My other UJ drive shaft for the Twin Detonator arrived today. Must have been held up by the post office.

Not the postman and blurry photo but these arrived.

WP_20170716_22_32_19_Rich.jpg

• Like 4

My new project arrived today.  I really like the blue wheels and blue/white parts. came with a clear body but I like painting.

IMG_0196 - Copy.JPG

• Like 4

11 hours ago, DaveBuildsRC said:

My new project arrived today.  I really like the blue wheels and blue/white parts. came with a clear body but I like painting.

IMG_0196 - Copy.JPG

I always wondered why Tamiya never made more of the fact this and a few others (vw T2 camper wheelie) had wild Willy at the wheel? And they all had the same wr-02 chassis!

Hobbyking were selling the blue Jimmy for £68 last week, was almost tempted.

Anyway one of my Amazon Amaroks (the lost parcel lost one) turned up, sealed too. They really don't pack the kits with the same effort and care they used too.

IMG_20170725_094212736_TOP-1336x752.jpg

IMG_20170725_094217608_TOP-1336x752.jpg

IMG_20170725_095433465-1336x752.jpg

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Prescient said:

Hobbyking were selling the blue Jimmy for £68 last week, was almost tempted.

Anyway one of my Amazon Amaroks (the lost parcel lost one) turned up, sealed too. They really don't pack the kits with the care they used too.

IMG_20170725_094212736_TOP-1336x752.jpg

IMG_20170725_094217608_TOP-1336x752.jpg

IMG_20170725_095433465-1336x752.jpg

So are you going to end up with 2 Amaroks for the price of 1?

3 hours ago, Peter_B said:

So are you going to end up with 2 Amaroks for the price of 1?

No, I will either return the replacement which is due to arrive or they will charge me retrospectively if I decide to keep it. The online tracking now shows as picked up. I am not adverse to having 4 nib Amarok kits on the WT01N chassis anyway.

Also 8 springs have turned up for my TXT-2 Upgrade Dampers as well since the stock springs are too soft. 

IMG_20170725_113639610-1336x752.jpg

I almost bought the Amarok rcmart had it for 5bucks cheaper than the jimny. Went with the jimny thinking it had a pre painted body. Also alot of us have that same light brown carpet in our homes.

55 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

2017-07-25_08-23-41

The elusive J parts. What could I be planning?......

Hmmm......?

something that needs the J parts?😆

• Like 2

This Quite small box turned up yesterday afternoon 😁 although the brushed orion formula motor was a separate package which the postie put through the letterbox (eBay bargain £10 unused!) Don't know exactly when this will be built and I haven't decided to put the brushless combo in it or go retro and go for the brushed? I do know it's going box art but work and other projects means it's going to have to join the small queue😐

IMG_20170726_082434.jpg

IMG_20170726_082509.jpg

• Like 8

44 minutes ago, TheMidnight Pumpkin said:

I got a bearing set and a cheap radio for my Tamiya Type2 Volkswagen Wheelie. I should have this thing running/painted in a week or so.

Type 2 Volkswagen wheelie painted in a week or so? Try a month or so 😂, That body took me for ever to prep and  paint the most time consuming body I ever done😆!

resizer.jpg

resizer (1).jpg

• Like 7

7 hours ago, moffman said:

Type 2 Volkswagen wheelie painted in a week or so? Try a month or so 😂, That body took me for ever to prep and  paint the most time consuming body I ever done😆!

That bus looks beautiful in orange and white! I'm going with purple and white, with the stock white wheels.

• Like 1

Postman brought me my birthday present but I can't post a picture as my wife who bought it all for me

won't let me have it until my birthday at the end of August.

Here is a list until I get my hands on it.

Axial SCX10 II Jeep Cherokee Kit
Power HD LW20 Waterproof High Torque Metal Gear Servo - Blue
Hobbywing QUICRUN 1060 Brushed Waterproof ESC - Sbec
RC4WD 540 Crawler Brushed Motor 35T

• Like 3

A set of gpm drive axels for my summit and the middle driveshafts from gpm. 

Well my new bush devil rims turned up but thanks to eBay mobile woes I missed the new body set that was for sale by the same seller which went for £30 less than I would have paid too.

It's easier to order MCI decals and buy a couple more spare WT01 Bush Devils II now to make a DT03 based Bush Devil racing truck.

IMG_20170727_150230401-1336x752.jpg

On 27/07/2017 at 4:59 AM, TheMidnight Pumpkin said:

That bus looks beautiful in orange and white! I'm going with purple and white, with the stock white wheels.

That was the custom edition! a family friend fell in love with it and asked if he could buy it off me for his kids (for Xmas) I agreed (stupidly), a few weeks ago I went around said friends house and I seen it in the toy box broken shredded body and no back wheels!........heart breaking knowing the hours I'd put into it😢!, So it no longer exists really!.

Had a few bits recently including couple of servos, some wire and a 17.5T brushless motor from Hobbyking.

Also got this inCsVrl8CQsyGp8Z49Byjj5xwFdatjJgoOOiEvctVD

Just a pic of the label as I couldn't get a clear pic of the body.

Couldn't believe it when I stumbled on a site that said they had 1 of these in stock, at a reduced price as well - never mind the £19.99 the pic shows. I got it for £9.99. Brand new complete with decals for the lights etc.

I've not seen any others available anywhere. That might be the last one.

• Like 3