backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

On 9/13/2017 at 4:02 AM, nowinaminute said:

The inevitable happened:

I wanted a lunchbox shell for another project so I picked up a cheap black edition shell for this build, I thought it might be a little different to have the black shell but yellow version wheels and stickers. Plus I don't really have to paint it which is good because it's bound to get scratches on it within seconds of first driving it.

Black shell / yellow chassis. The best part about having the spare black shell is that you welcome scratches instead of fear them.

35614781273_29b385658a_c.jpg

Got a few bits for my DF03 Dark Impact. First reamer I have owned and wanted a small set of tools for when I'm out and about. The body shell I couldn't resist when I saw it. :D

20170906_093422.jpg?attachauth=ANoY7coWC

I'm additionally pleased as the above image was shared via a Google site I created. Think I'm going to do one site for my Thunder Dragon and one for my Dark Impact

Few more bits in the post today...

You can never have enough Beetle drivers & nose cone parts for trying different paint schemes

37068998482_9014cdd773.jpg

Dirty but overall good condition Original Sandscorcher door handles

37098169161_6869f66a79.jpg

Another bargain buy, can anyone spot the problem here?!

New Tub on order! The body was ok but paint was flaking & all the stickers were in a bad way. I've got some CVA's laying around so they will be fitted, looks like its been fitted with Madcap wheels as well. Not sure whether to Box art it again or go with something a bit custom?

37050606896_59cd21c140.jpg36403473364_93fa3c83f9.jpg 36403473444_5820804abb.jpg

I sold one of my cameras recently because I've been so into RC for the past year I decided to have some of the money tied up in RC stuff instead (plus I had more cameras than I *really* needed)

I've been trying to make the money go as far as possible so the Neo Fighter was a dead cert. £59 from Conrad with ESC, sport turned and CVA kit in the box. I could have got it from a UK seller for that price but they tend to pluck out the ESC if not more so Germany it was!

2MKRbN8.jpg

Is this the best value Tamiya kit? It has to be close. Not much difference in price to the Grasshopper or Rising Fighter but one of the newest and greatest 2WD chassis they produce plus free goodies!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, nowinaminute said:

....!

Is this the best value Tamiya kit? It has to be close. Not much difference in price to the Grasshopper or Rising Fighter but one of the newest and greatest 2WD chassis they produce plus free goodies!

Yes, best value by far. £20 for the ESC, £26 for the CVAs, £10 for the Motor and then there is the car. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nowinaminute said:

I've been trying to make the money go as far as possible so the Neo Fighter was a dead cert. £59 from Conrad with ESC, sport turned and CVA kit in the box. I could have got it from a UK seller for that price but they tend to pluck out the ESC if not more so Germany it was!

2MKRbN8.jpg

Wow!

What did they charge for the delivery?

1 hour ago, Wooders28 said:

Wow!

What did they charge for the delivery?

A very reasonable £7 but better yet I bought it through Fruugo and had a voucher for free postage!

• Thanks 1

Interestingly, my torque tuned motor has the original Mabuchi specs faintly printed on it and they say it's an RS-540SH-7525 which suggest it's genuinely a 25 turn motor and not a re timed 27 turn. In Mabuchi naming convention the first two digits represent the wire thickness and the second 2 or 3 are the number of turns.

I'd be very surprised if Mabuchi would knowingly put the wrong specification on the can. Especially when it's quite possible the part is available to other companies for other purposes. I've seen Mabuchi motors from all kinds if electronics such as printers and they always have factory applied markings like that.

I'm not saying the sport tuned isn't re-timed but I believe that one doesn't have the factory applied markings either.

1 hour ago, futureworks said:

A very rare F103LM-TRF chassis kit from 1999. Love it!

IMG_1869.JPG

Is that new or built/run.

If unbuilt, is it one to admire or are you going to build it?

2 hours ago, futureworks said:

IMG_1869.JPG

Very nice👍

What body will you put on it? and I assume you have all the hop ups😉

When you build it could you measure how long the servo stays are?

sven

On 9/14/2017 at 0:08 AM, berman said:

M06 is a great chassis once you add the alloy m chassis dampers and M or S grip tyres on the front.

Today the postie bought me the wrangler body for my QD, and a bunch of shims for my m-chassis cars.

aUzvggi.jpg

Awesome!!! I won one of these from eBay last week, waiting for it to come in!!

On 9/14/2017 at 9:07 AM, bjorklo said:

Parts for my future Top Force project 

AC99D62F-637E-46D4-A61C-09A3D0D14E14_zps

Question, does the Top Force come with ballbearings or do i need to get some? 

Nice addition, I bought those a while back and just recently lucked out and found a nib set of green ends for them... think they'll look sweet on the TF

IMG_1869.JPG

Sexy!!! Never owned one of these cars but got on in the lot I picked up, and it's heavily modded, and there are enough spares for another roller, I'll have to keep the modded one for my shelf.

9 hours ago, iluvmud said:

Nice addition, I bought those a while back and just recently lucked out and found a nib set of green ends for them... think they'll look sweet on the TF

Pretty sure they will :)  looking forward to see the end result. 

I'm not sure it'll need any more hop ups as it comes pretty much fully loaded. What were you thinking of? As for body, maybe the Audi R8R if I can find one for a reasonable price. The servo mounts will be same as the blue ones you sold me a year or so back, standard 53308 length I would think.

I was thinking about the diffuser, titanium screws F1 brake light and diff hop ups , tungsten carbide balls and one piece thrust bearing.

I had the chance to buy one of these kits a couple of years ago but didn't have enough cash at the time, so a bit jealous really 😖👍.

Surprise surprise I need a set of the blue 53308 now😐.(got the silver version now)

I was curious if your kit stays were a bit longer as I'd also like some for my Group C cars.

I got a set of Ride XR f104 fitment front and rear tyres for my f103 which I wasted no time in getting balanced and onto the car to replace the tamiya ones that were getting to the end of their lives, I also got some 100000cst diff oil to put onto the front kingpins to give them a bit of damping and some 30000cst diff oil to damp the movement of the friction plate. 

The postie also brought me a 65t rc4wd motor for my cc-01, I've been away on holiday this week and took the opportunity to do some crawling and trail running with it and decided that the 45t that was fitted was too quick and didn't have enough torque for my liking so hopefully this will slow the car down to about walking pace and give it enough torque to get over just about anything I can throw at it. 

• Like 1

Delivery from TBG today. No ransom note from the post office either.

An undertray for my RC10 to protect the chassis.

A body, undertray, wing and belt cover set for my Procat.

At first glance I'm impressed with the quality. The Procat parts seem especially nice.

• Thanks 1

On 8/30/2017 at 9:05 PM, nowinaminute said:

I received this Nikko truck, shown here next to a Twin Detonator for scale!

3e87qEg.jpg?1

People often buy these trucks just for the shell thinking the chassis is rubbish but it actually belongs to a family of chassis designed by the Nikko Tec department and is on par with at least entry level hobby grade once you sort the components out. It's really strong and has metal diff gears and chunky mod 1.0 pinions and spur gears and the spur gears have spring loaded shock absorbing mechanisms built into them.

So the other day I whipped the stock motor out and I popped in an FTX 15T 550 motor and wow, this colossal beast suddenly pops wheelies easily! This is of course thanks to the low gearing and as a consequence the top speed isn't all that great but that's perfect really because this truck was never going to be a racer and too much speed would probably be bad for that beautiful body shell.

I'm going to take it out for a drive soon and hopefully get some decent video but here's a quick demonstration of the torque it possesses:

I'll put the running video in the "what have you don't today" thread.

• Like 1

Got delivered to various addresses, but only landed in my mits today!

A couple of the super shorty lipo's, couple of pairs (silver/yellow) of dart tyres (ordered before the cactus was available 😔). Couple of K1 and KF2 parts plus some dye and red wheel nuts for the Ultima build.

20170918_164623.jpg

Really are quite short for a 2s lipo 

20170918_164652.jpg

• Like 3

Received this lb, got it for a tiny amount of squids, had a broken front right shock and electrics seen better days.

But came with spares and brand new body

IMG_20170918_191404.jpg

IMG-20170918-WA0024.jpeg

• Like 1

Received these tyre decals from svenb "Steve" today. Many many thanks to him. I'm gonna  put these on my merc actros truck 

And in my eyes  the smaller ones  will look far better in scale than the ones ones of ebay

1505835112402617993770.jpg

• Like 1

On 16/09/2017 at 10:21 PM, Peter_B said:

Delivery from TBG today. No ransom note from the post office either.

An undertray for my RC10 to protect the chassis.

A body, undertray, wing and belt cover set for my Procat.

At first glance I'm impressed with the quality. The Procat parts seem especially nice.

Maybe the UK has a different trading deal with Canada as my TBG delivery worth over £40 also escaped customs.

1 hour ago, Jason1145 said:

Maybe the UK has a different trading deal with Canada as my TBG delivery worth over £40 also escaped customs.

Or maybe the Imperial Preference has been quietly revived post Brexit?  Would be awesome if it was!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Or maybe the Imperial Preference has been quietly revived post Brexit?  Would be awesome if it was!

It was recently reported that we could both strike a deal with zero tax imports after Brexit.. **** that means more TBG shells headig over here.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Not posted on here, or this thread, for some time but the last 7 days have seen..

Sand Scorcher rear wheel sprue

Sand Scorcher rear tyres

SRB Radio Mechanism box

Some M3 rubber Rubnuts (5 for a £2.59 delivered and they appear to be a perfect fit at a tenth of the price of the Tamiya wellnuts)

M2 stainless bolts & huts

4mm stainless dowel pins

Sand Scorcher Rubber Sealed bearing kit

Guess who stumbled upon his box of SRB spares while having a clear out lol!

Now to decide on a chassis plate - use a vintage item i have, use a black re-re item or go aluminium from radshape?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1