backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Another tatty Corvette shell for the Kyosho HiRider2 that my mate gave me.  Not sure why I bought it really, the holes are in the wrong place for my chassis, and it's not much better than the old one (which is the plain blue one if you were wondering...). :wacko:

dan8.jpg

dan9.jpg

• Like 2

Yellow CVA kit for my new lunchbox.

It now has an indescribable combination of refinement and crudeness but it's good!

Photobucket has decided not to play ball this afternoon but I received a slightly crumpled box (thanks DHL) from Tamico which included a Giulia body, decals, chrome parts and wheels. Also got some paint prep supplies including polycarbonate paint remover for when I mess up my paintwork...

IMG_0374_zps8crtpmdf.jpg~original

• Like 3

Had these 2 turn up today, I fancied a different colour shell for my F150 SRB but couldn't bring myself to touch the original body & decals already on it:

36994435780_6ce43cd75b_b.jpg

36540111064_3c29da2f66_b.jpg

RCMart delivered some new bits.

4 x M Chassis wheels (those chrome Minilites are pretty nice)

4 x M Chassis Foams

4 x M Chassis tyres 

4 x Ford Motorsport 1/10 white rims

4 x Honda JAZ 1/10 white rims (this will require buying a Honda Civic Type R shell in the future)

vLNIQWb.jpg

• Like 2

Some silver cans arrived, don't seem as well, rounded, as my other 540's (as in, almost sliced my finger open on the, press steel end bell burrs!), but for less than £3 each!? 

6527's any good? 

20170924_225511.jpg

• Like 2

On 9/24/2017 at 11:22 PM, Wooders28 said:

6527's any good? 

Nice dependable motors, that's the spec of the kit motors.

Where did you find them so cheap?

50 minutes ago, nowinaminute said:

Where did you find them so cheap?

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/mabuchi-rs-540sh-6527-brushed-motor-90w.html?___store=en_us

If you've bought alot from hobbyking, you get discounts (I think it starts after 10 successful sales?), so I got a mate to order them when he did an order.

*Edit* - it's after 2, but better discounts after 11 sales.

https://support.hobbyking.com/hc/en-us/articles/202940270-How-can-I-get-my-account-upgraded-?mobile_site=true

Over the weekend I had a new built FAV  arrive. Then pointed out to my buddy Mud a cheaper one. And then another cheaper one. This one has those awesome alloy wheels so there's a bonus. Just love these chassis. Sorry no pictures as I've been at my upload limit for a while. It will be in my showroom soon. Also updated my showroom pictures with the latest in the stable. 

Finally getting myself some time for RC. Replacement body for and masking tape for my Cat XLS turned up today, hopefully the masking goes better this time

RTtEeXB.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dojo Dave said:

Over the weekend I had a new built FAB arrive. Then pointed out to my buddy Mud a cheaper one. And then another cheaper one. This one has those awesome alloy wheels so there's a bonus. Just love these chassis. Sorry no pictures as I've been at my upload limit for a while. It will be in my showroom soon. Also updated my showroom pictures with the latest in the stable. 

Dont worry... I'll post a FAB pic for you....

that-is-so-fabulous.jpg

• Haha 1

Well, speaking of FABULOUS... I picked up this Mad Fighter for a song... figured Id get it as a runner for the neighbors to play with, that And this is the 1st Acoms radio Ive ever owned.

IMG_3107_zps34quqeso.jpg

Its in great shape for its age, even has original box from 2001 and manual and remaining decals. I just need a pinion for it.... they Mod .06 or .6 right?

• Like 1

Took a punt for £60.....

Jugg body and original light chrome bumpers turn up. Couple of scrapes on the body but easily repairable. 

IMG_20170927_141735522-1336x752.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks to @taffer I have another spare Dual Hunter shell for my boy's machine (or the two loaners I got a little while back).

Plus plenty of TL01/WT01/KongHead spares for the cupboard. 

IMG_0377_zpsqkhezgle.jpg~original

• Like 3

On 9/26/2017 at 7:50 PM, iluvmud said:

Well, speaking of FABULOUS... I picked up this Mad Fighter for a song... figured Id get it as a runner for the neighbors to play with, that And this is the 1st Acoms radio Ive ever owned.

IMG_3107_zps34quqeso.jpg

Its in great shape for its age, even has original box from 2001 and manual and remaining decals. I just need a pinion for it.... they Mod .06 or .6 right?

You're such a sack....of tricks.  

On 27/09/2017 at 0:50 AM, iluvmud said:

IMG_3107_zps34quqeso.jpg

They are 0.8 module, same as the DT-02 and DT-03.

1 hour ago, TurnipJF said:

They are 0.8 module, same as the DT-02 and DT-03.

well crap, ordered 2 .6 .............lol oops. I noticed that Robinson Racing only has the .8 mod in a 5mm bore... will that work?

2 minutes ago, iluvmud said:

well crap, ordered 2 .6 .............lol oops. I noticed that Robinson Racing only has the .8 mod in a 5mm bore... will that work?

Only if you use a motor with a 5mm shaft, or manage to make/source a sleeve or adapter of some sort.

Tamiya make 0.8 module steel pinions that are a perfect fit. Why not get one of those?

4 minutes ago, TurnipJF said:

Only if you use a motor with a 5mm shaft, or manage to make/source a sleeve or adapter of some sort.

Tamiya make 0.8 module steel pinions that are a perfect fit. Why not get one of those?

any chance you have the part number? Im having a heck of a time finding it.

nvm, found it!! 54629

3 minutes ago, TurnipJF said:

Or 54628 if you want 17t.

Thanks bud, getting 2 19T for the DT01s... make it a fair race :)

New in box King Blackfoot with the inner parts box being sealed dilemma. You can never have too many Blackfoot trucks imo.

fxYBUVb.jpg

57A2Z6x.jpg

And a very nice Juggernaut 2 thanks to @IBIFTKH which I was going to have as a runner but it's too nice.

krmLbq2.jpg

2ZDfZ9l.jpg

• Like 3