backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

On 08/11/2017 at 1:31 PM, VagabondStarJXF said:

My GPS Speedo arrived! Yay!

23405822_1504779689612121_43151984942352

Now I just have to sort out something to do a speed run. :D

Where did you get that from? I get a bit nervous when I strap my iPhone to a fast car. 😮

2 hours ago, Percymon said:

You are correct, there isn't much space for the depth of the servo and the servo saver - blackholesun showed it quite well...

http://www.blackholesun.fr/en/37-en/my-models/off-road/rally/278-tamiya-58528-subaru-impreza-wrx-sti-team-arai-xv01?start=3

A lower profile servo might save you some install hassle. You can use a standard size one;  but be careful with the dimensions as not all standard are equal !

I'd be tempted to go for something a bit better spec wise anyway - the bigger tyres of the Asterion are harder to turn than the XV-01 rally cars - maybe look at Allturn items at modelsport ?

Thanks, I was wondering in a stronger servo might be required. I’ve only had Allturn servos so far. Just bought a heavy duty one but somehow doubt it will fit in this chassis.

I had read and bookmarked that Blackholesun build, really useful.

5 hours ago, Granddad Stinky said:

Where did you get that from? I get a bit nervous when I strap my iPhone to a fast car. 😮

eBay, shipped from China. I literally went for the cheapest one I could find and crossed my fingers, hoping it wasn't a con. £42 approx. shipped ain't bad and it seems to work ok so far. Haven't had a chance to do a speed run with it yet though...

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, VagabondStarJXF said:

eBay, shipped from China. I literally went for the cheapest one I could find and crossed my fingers, hoping it wasn't a con. £42 approx. shipped ain't bad and it seems to work ok so far. Haven't had a chance to do a speed run with it yet though...

Thanks, that looks worth a punt. 👍

Today I received some Orange receivers from Hong Kong to go with the Spektrum DX3C transmitter I got off a mate. They bind and work beautifully. No more tacky plastic Carson for me! :)

• Haha 1

A nice new Zakspeed Capri body set from eBay to go on my shortened TA06ms 😁.

Pretty sure it was from someone on the forum 😉

1 hour ago, svenb said:

A nice new Zakspeed Capri body set from eBay to go on my shortened TA06ms 😁.

Pretty sure it was from someone on the forum 😉

That was me if you are ........  0802

It was an opened packet right? I'm just leaving you feedback now with A+++++ on it ;)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

Today I received some Orange receivers from Hong Kong to go with the Spektrum DX3C transmitter I got off a mate. They bind and work beautifully. No more tacky plastic Carson for me! :)

I've been wondering about those. Could you let me know how they are once you've given them a good run?

A rewarding week from the postman:

thanks to RuniR I have a Nichimo Lancia Stratos manual

recent-purchases-8.jpg

A lucky ebay auction with not many bidders for an early F2 chassis. Now all I need is a body for it, looking for the Honda 58030 F2 I think.

recent-purchases-7.jpg

Lastly and by far the most expensive, I finally have been able to buy a lathe. I've wanted one for years. Now I all I have to do is make room for it in the garage and learn how to use it! It weighs 280kg, so I might need a few mates to help me install it.

recent-purchases-9.jpg

• Like 4

Postman has been good to me. 

I got the pro drivetrain for my xls

0AEEA456-DCE3-4735-B96E-A560C0BE2606_zps

and i got this empty box, will use it to store stuff in, or frame it and hang it on my wall  

CC6261B8-5D20-45A9-B708-0ACE28F1936C_zps

I also got my 3rd Avante BS NIB kit. Now it's enough. 

B930D031-67A6-4B30-A009-0C363EF9B7C7_zps

just waiting for my nib Vanquish now :) 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jason1145 said:

That was me if you are ........  0802

It was an opened packet right? I'm just leaving you feedback now with A+++++ on it ;)

Yes mate I thought it was you😉.

Arrived in perfect condition 👍

I wasn't expecting a un-drilled body, I thought it was from a split kit! Bonus.

Planning a hopefully one of decal scheme.

I'll leave feedback when I get home.

Sven

• Like 1

Mad Bull body for a cool Grasshopper2 colour scheme I have an idea for. Been working with MCI Racing for a few months on the decals. Some 10wt shock oil to see if that makes the rear of the rising fighter work at all!

On 23/03/2009 at 7:05 AM, TA-Mark said:

1/3rd of a DF-03 gearbox rebuild.

And this little gem. (Thanks Roy). Destined to be 1:18 brushless micro 4200Kv with a few other upgrades too.

img20319_23032009064628_2.jpg

So what did you get?

I had something very similar in black with red graphics as my first RC car. From about 1987-88 i reckon. From memory steering was all or nothing, not proportional. It was still enough to make me want BBFM (Bigger Better Faster More) so a 2nd hand Boomerang was next and really had me wanting more.

8 hours ago, VagabondStarJXF said:

I've been wondering about those. Could you let me know how they are once you've given them a good run?

Sure - I'll give them a couple of weeks regular running to make sure they are reliable, then post a report.

• Like 1

today..

Twinset style alloy chassis plate for SRB

Sand Scorcher re-re shock set (loose term as there's no oil, grub screws of o rings lol!)

3 x TBLE ESC from forum member taffer

My son has specifically asked for a remote control car that he can build like mine, so for Christmas have a rising fighter coming not bad for £49 delivered 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, novicelad said:

My son has specifically asked for a remote control car that he can build like mine, so for Christmas have a rising fighter coming not bad for £49 delivered 

Not a bad car to start with. The £49 soon grows when you add the other bits though ;-)

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Nobbi1977 said:

Not a bad car to start with. The £49 soon grows when you add the other bits though ;-)

I have enough spare bits, I got it 'cos it looks easy enough for me to supervise and gives quality Dad son time. Wonder if he will shelf it or run it?

They make good runners. Tough too. My mate has let me have a go with quite a few cars from his fleet, and the Rising Fighter was the first one, apparently because it is virtually indestructible even in the hands of raw beginners. I reckon it would be great for a kid.

Found what I thought was a good deal on a Toyota Hilux ($85). 

I figured it would need some cleaning. But looking closer, I'm not sure how sound the chassis is. The body is a replacement Parma, but the body was sprayed with non-lexan paint. Kind of regretting the purchase now, but I'll do some disassembly and see what I can figure out. It came with a Futaba ESC MC112B, not sure whether it works or whether I care. Maybe I'll just part it out. Ugh. 

IMG_0122.JPG

2 hours ago, tamiya_1971 said:

I figured it would need some cleaning. But looking closer, I'm not sure how sound the chassis is. The body is a replacement Parma, but the body was sprayed with non-lexan paint. Kind of regretting the purchase now, but I'll do some disassembly and see what I can figure out. It came with a Futaba ESC MC112B, not sure whether it works or whether I care. Maybe I'll just part it out. Ugh. 

IMG_0122.JPG

I didn’t realize that Parma made a hilux racer body. Looking good there and perhaps some of Pinto Power’s replacements and improvements he makes in 3D print on shape ways as Ampro. Hope the rebuild goes well and I have some spares for this chassis that I can help out with.

2 hours ago, tamiya_1971 said:

IMG_0122.JPG

let me know if you want to part with it.... I regret selling my Mint King Cab

13 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

They make good runners. Tough too. My mate has let me have a go with quite a few cars from his fleet, and the Rising Fighter was the first one, apparently because it is virtually indestructible even in the hands of raw beginners. I reckon it would be great for a kid.

He already has an FTX carnage which is as hard as nails, and he is pretty good with it. I just stick the battery in and let him go off and play no longer have to supervise really. Although he has taken his sisters legs out a few times!

He just really wants to build one so this is a good starting point! 

And today, more SRB parts..

Front suspension towers/uprights

Front member / axles stay tubes

Front arm shafts

Rear axle shafts and hub plates

Sand Scorcher screw bag B (good for grub screws !)

Brat front axles

Sand Scorcher front axles

10 hours ago, Crash Cramer said:

I didn’t realize that Parma made a hilux racer body. Looking good there and perhaps some of Pinto Power’s replacements and improvements he makes in 3D print on shape ways as Ampro. Hope the rebuild goes well and I have some spares for this chassis that I can help out with.

That's the info I received from the seller. It looks too nice to be a Parma, maybe Pro-Line? Hard to tell.  I'll let you know what I might need for parts. I appreciate it!