backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Today, vintage Sand Scorcher front axles, which means i can now get SRB chassis build #7 sorted at the front end tonight :D

Photobucket seeks to have finally given up on me [fixed]. 

Today brings the first of my xv-01 hop ups.

54378 slipper clutch

54450 18T Ali pulley 

IMG_0408_zpsg497klvd.jpg~original

• Like 3

Didn't know about this book until I read about it on here yesterday.  Ordered one straight away from Tony's Tamiya Parts, arrived just now, top service as usual.

bilde-1.jpeg

• Like 1

My 10mm wide hexes arrived today so I fitted the long hubs and the hexes to my DT03 rear end to even out the track width front to rear with the truck wheels on. Still not quite the same as the front, but much better.

Also got some cool custom MCI decals for a bit of a Grasshopper2 body idea I have.

From Tony..

Sand Scorcher body clip

Sand Scorcher cam lock pins

Sand Scorcher cam lock springs

Fighting Buggy window netting

Some reinforced wheel axles to replace the broken one on my Aqroshot.

And the parts to build a pair of front shocks for my Boomerang thanks to @Tamiyabigstuff

A Orange RX receiver which is compatible with Futaba.  Fingers crossed it works ok.  This will allow me to have all 10 cars running off 6 tx's

The Monster Beetle arrived as well so that is hidden away before my son gets home.  That was my wife's doing, I would have shown him the kit and let him play with the tyres.  The tyres are cool.

I'm a bit worried about the Futaba 3PV though, RCMart was showing 1 in stock when I ordered and it stayed that way for a day.  Now they are showing as out of stock and my order is still processing.  I'm hoping its because I got the last one (this happened when I bought the TRF102 from RCJaz) and not that their stock levels were wrong (which happened with I bought the TA07 from Hobbyking).

8 minutes ago, DaveBuildsRC said:

@Jonathon Gillham if that orange rx works with futaba let me know as I also got a 3pv.

Its this one

https://www.rcnz.co.nz/categories/receivers-and-modules/24-channel-receivers/orangerx-gr400s-futaba-fhss-and-s-fhss-4ch-2-4g-receiver/

Also available from Hobbyking for a bit less (but shipping, currency conversion etc and I can call Ross at RCNZ if I have any problems).

It lists the 3PRKA which I have, but I will also be trying it on the 3PV and 2HR which aren't listed as if it works on all (don't see why it won't) then I will buy those for bashers and only spend the extra on Futaba ones for racers

12 hours ago, ALEXKYRIAK said:

Photo please, Mr.Thunder Sir. How does it look with them fitted?

2017-11-22_09-40-49

Bit better than before. Hoping to take it for a spin at lunch time.

1 hour ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

2017-11-22_09-40-49

Bit better than before. Hoping to take it for a spin at lunch time.

That does look a bit better, but you are fighting two sources of unequal track width. Not only are the front and rear wheels of different offsets - the GPM C-hubs also push the front wheels outwards relative to the stock plastic items. You'd need very long axles indeed to accommodate both of these issues.

2 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

That does look a bit better, but you are fighting two sources of unequal track width. Not only are the front and rear wheels of different offsets - the GPM C-hubs also push the front wheels outwards relative to the stock plastic items. You'd need very long axles indeed to accommodate both of these issues.

Didn't realise that as the track widths look fairly balanced with the buggy wheels on it. Still, wasn't hoping to completely even it out, just move the rear out a big to give it a bit more roll support. Gave it run out at lunch time. Hasn't done anything odd to the handling, bit hard to notice the difference. Defintely need some new rear tyres though! 

1 hour ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Didn't realise that as the track widths look fairly balanced with the buggy wheels on it.

Aye, the Blitzer wheels are the main culprits. On my DT-03T I found that the longer rear axles and 10mm hexes were enough to cancel out the extra width imparted by the GPM C-hubs, but not the unequal wheel offset. It probably bothered me more than it should have, but a set of Mad Bull wheels with equal front and rear offset lined everything up nicely.

I got a hobbywing 1080 crawler esc for my cc-01 a few sets of horrendously expensive wheels and tyres for my orlandoo hunter 96p for a set four wheels and £3 for four tyres lol. 

All the way from the US after 3 weeks of shipping, and their cost nearly being doubled by the Post Office & their extortionate 'handling fees', how cool are these?! Can't wait to get them painted!

24713556578_10740ecc6d_b.jpg38528755156_31b940cb89_b.jpg38585965371_79cc686a07_b.jpg

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, max69vk said:

All the way from the US after 3 weeks of shipping, and their cost nearly being doubled by the Post Office & their extortionate 'handling fees', how cool are these?! Can't wait to get them painted!

24713556578_10740ecc6d_b.jpg38528755156_31b940cb89_b.jpg38585965371_79cc686a07_b.jpg

Gotta love headhunter studios, every time I look at their stuff I have to really fight the urge to spend all my money with them.  

1 hour ago, Supercoolnothing said:

Gotta love headhunter studios, every time I look at their stuff I have to really fight the urge to spend all my money with them.  

Tell me about it, got a couple of his really early creations from about 5-6 years ago in a box somewhere too.

This arrived today

20171122_214414

a DF03 MS that, to me, looks absolutely amazing! I am used to Frogs, Strikers, DT02s and such, my most modern 4wd buggy is a dirt thrasher. There are loads of things in this buggy that are new to me such as my first ball differentials and a slipper clutch and tons of hop ups included. As a bonus, it came with the box, original manual and some spares. And all this for less than what the shocks would cost new!

A question to the experts, what would be a good motor for this one?

• Like 4

Don't know why I bought this lot !?

but I might find a chassis to put them on

IMG_20171122_212343~2.jpg

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Supercoolnothing said:

I got a hobbywing 1080 crawler esc for my cc-01

What makes those a crawler esc?

I was looking at one to run a 10t brushed, with it being 80amp?

13 minutes ago, Wooders28 said:

What makes those a crawler esc?

I was looking at one to run a 10t brushed, with it being 80amp?

I could be wrong, but I think it has an adjustable drag brake?

• Like 1