backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

4 minutes ago, Peter_B said:

These arrived yesterday. Christmas presents for my boys so they can do some indoor rc driving/practice.

Fr0UQNK78VsR78yg6T0Lx6XZtdGUUDDWcgwhM4S5

Really interested in knowing how they get on with these. Are they LiPo powered?

My shocks for my AMPro Hornet front suspension conversion arrived. Hoping they aren't too chunky..

IMG_0431_zpsv0iqajls.jpg~original

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

Really interested in knowing how they get on with these. Are they LiPo powered?

Battery is a 6.4v 500Mah Li-ion according to the FTX website

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Peter_B said:

Battery is a 6.4v 500Mah Li-ion according to the FTX website

Should have looked there rather than on Modelsport!!

19 hours ago, Kingfisher said:

You better return it. They forgot to give you a steering wheel. :)

I don't understand?🤔

The steering wheel is obviously on the right hand side!

The CORRECT side👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Ordered the heat sink on the 13th, arrived today!! Not bad going in my book, wasn't due until mid Jan, must have been a speed boat from China, would cost more than 99p in postage?? 

A set of aluminium body mounts for the luncbox too, see how long the chassis lasts 🙄

20171220_181837.jpg

• Like 3

Just arrived from the US. 8 oil shocks for my Bullhead. Or maybe just 4 and use the other 4 for something else.

£15 posted. Can't. Go. Wrong.

g3sAsjI.jpg

• Like 1

After a couple of months thinking about it I decided to take the plunge and monsterise the Rising Fighter. The Mad Bull wheels and steering parts bag arrived today, so lunchtime involved building this:

2017-12-21_02-01-492017-12-21_02-03-16Monster Fighter

It needed 15mm trimming off each end of the bumper. You'd need to remove more if you had the stock Rising Fighter front suspension. Mine has my DT03 4 bar conversion which is wider track. The DT03 C-hubs needs the Mad Bull uprights. The Lunchbox ones sweep inwards which restrict the steering to virtually zero. Again, the Lunchbox uprights would work with the original front suspension (BTW - anyone want a pair of brand new unused Lunchbox uprights? ;-))

It's a lot of fun. Steering is a bit hit and miss on the stock servo saver though. Kimborough ones don't fit because they aren't offset forward enough. Can anyone recommend a longer, more solid servo saver to get a bit more steering lock and less slop? Are the Tamiya High Torque longer than the kit plastic ones, or just stronger?

Cheers!

• Like 5

Saw this yesterday in my local asda for £16 plus I get 10% off so I decided to take the plunge today.

IMG_20171221_200836.jpg

• Like 2

On 19/12/2017 at 10:24 PM, Prescient said:

Well, as my 1:10 are all going, treated myself to a new 1:1......

IMG_20171219_221812457-2137x1202.jpg

Don’t tease, reveal all....

9 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

After a couple of months thinking about it I decided to take the plunge and monsterise the Rising Fighter. The Mad Bull wheels and steering parts bag arrived today, so lunchtime involved building this:

2017-12-21_02-01-492017-12-21_02-03-16Monster Fighter

It needed 15mm trimming off each end of the bumper. You'd need to remove more if you had the stock Rising Fighter front suspension. Mine has my DT03 4 bar conversion which is wider track. The DT03 C-hubs needs the Mad Bull uprights. The Lunchbox ones sweep inwards which restrict the steering to virtually zero. Again, the Lunchbox uprights would work with the original front suspension (BTW - anyone want a pair of brand new unused Lunchbox uprights? ;-))

It's a lot of fun. Steering is a bit hit and miss on the stock servo saver though. Kimborough ones don't fit because they aren't offset forward enough. Can anyone recommend a longer, more solid servo saver to get a bit more steering lock and less slop? Are the Tamiya High Torque longer than the kit plastic ones, or just stronger?

Cheers!

That looks like it could have been designed that way. Great job!

• Like 1

On 12/20/2017 at 3:39 PM, Wooders28 said:

Ordered the heat sink on the 13th, arrived today!! Not bad going in my book, wasn't due until mid Jan, must have been a speed boat from China, would cost more than 99p in postage?? 

A set of aluminium body mounts for the luncbox too, see how long the chassis lasts 🙄

I'm running the aluminum body mounts on my girlfriends Lunchbox after she broke so many plastic ones. After 4 months, nothing else has broken. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kingfisher said:

I'm running the aluminum body mounts on my girlfriends Lunchbox after she broke so many plastic ones. After 4 months, nothing else has broken. 

That's good to know.

I remember making some out of angle iron in the early 90's, and they just snapped a big chunk of chassis away instead! 

• Haha 2

Ordered this Le Mans 17.5 brushless motor to put in my monster beetle. It was on sale for $30 and free shipping. 

D904BF2E-FBC4-4776-9B09-19096045F8EA.jpeg

My Tamico order arrived but I've put it away without taking any photos.

The Carson 2 channel controllers come with 4 receivers. Perhaps useful in the future.

Lots of Monster Beetle front end goodies and a 55t motor as this one is intended for the boy one day (once he has mastered his little Lightning Mcqueen).

On 17.12.2017 at 4:42 PM, Crash Cramer said:

Wow, that looks like a really sexy lineup, the whole kit and caboodle. Do go and get some more photos of it all. Did you chrome plate the Jeep's tire cover or is it the flash bounce and it is still the black kit sprue color?? Thanks for the update on these when you work them over

Sorry for the late reply. Here is a close up of the tire cover.

im122.jpg

im121.jpg

Boomerang!

39229944801_779b130f64_c.jpg

Traded for a Fox, so my car count stays the same, my shock absorber count stays the same, and my driven-axles count goes up by 1.

Thanks, Sean! Enjoy the Fox.

• Like 3

So Ive been getting a lot of kaka but have been failing to post..... most of it has been for my Slash and  TLR SCTE 3.0 (bodies, tires/wheels/parts etc.

I did manage to come across a pretty decent deal for a few vintage rc cars.

2 A stamp RC10s, another DF01 buggy this time in the form of a Blazing star (I swear I cant get away from those things) and a Kyosho turbo ultima with a nice lot of spares.... Ill spare you guys pics of everything here are the cars and the ESCs that came in the deal

Oh... and for some reason TBG accidentally sent me a Kyosho Pro X body.... I havent ordered from them in a while either.... so it was certainly weird.

25530550_1898938937088467_1325978446_o_z

25552893_1898938893755138_1248189944_o_z

IMG_2989_zps34ylcphc.jpg

IMG_2988_zpshhnlh9ef.jpg

IMG_2987_zps7h67y4o4.jpg

• Like 3

I got half a dozen mini servos that I ordered from ebay a couple of weeks ago. The funny thing is that because they took so long to get here I'd gotten in touch with the seller who gave me a full refund. Looks like I've gotten some free servos lol 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Supercoolnothing said:

I got half a dozen mini servos that I ordered from ebay a couple of weeks ago. The funny thing is that because they took so long to get here I'd gotten in touch with the seller who gave me a full refund. Looks like I've gotten some free servos lol 

So you are going to message the seller again and put things right?

Or maybe its cool to make fun of theft. lol.  "Free servos lol" only they weren't free because you paid for them, claimed they never arrived and accepted a refund for non-arrival.

That's just my opinion.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, novicelad said:

Cheap battery turned up paid £4 posted, looks legit haven't tested it yet

rps20171223_134437.jpg.6bf6fb54c8d0dde65ace5e59190f546d.jpg

Yeah, both mine turned up too! 🖒

Fair bit of warning on the packaging, and they look flimsy, I'm used to hardcase, proof is in the pudding as they say 🙄😁

• Like 1

Bearings and 17t steel pinion finally arrived. Need to find the time to start building now. Not likely these next few days!