backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

1 hour ago, topforcein said:

that looks a great haul. but i am surprised you did'nt wait for the manta ray tamiya hop-up hard shaft and motor mount as the pair will come to only £20 i've oderd 2 for when my manta ray comes in the other will be for the topforce either my original or re-re

Impatient! Also I’m of the understanding that the top force already has that shaft in the box. Certainly looks identical so the YR one is just bling/lightweight impulse in fairness. 

Didnt even think about the MR motor mount tbh. Where did you find the mount for order?

Edit: Never mind. See they are listed on modelsport. Definitely looks to be an identical shaft to the TF’s so would just be an expensive motor mount for me unless it’s likely to be vastly superior to the Yeah Racing one I’ve got. 

.....nothing at all.

The long shocks I ordered from a seemingly reputable company in Hong Kong back in December for my monsterisation experiment on a TT02B still have not arrived.

Have been in numerous and extensive chat discussions over the last week or two with their so-called customer service department, and the long and the short of it is they won’t do anything to assist, refund or replace until a 4 week investigation has been conducted, starting from now, as the final date of the 14-39 day delivery window has just expired.

One of their postal partners has lost it in the post but no one can tell me how, why or where. Utterly disappointed in the company I bought these from. It’s actually two orders that have gone walkies.

It feels like they hate their customers  

So it’s been long. And shocking. How apt.....  (wince, sorry...)

5 hours ago, ALEXKYRIAK said:

.....nothing at all.

The long shocks I ordered from a seemingly reputable company in Hong Kong back in December for my monsterisation experiment on a TT02B still have not arrived.

Have been in numerous and extensive chat discussions over the last week or two with their so-called customer service department, and the long and the short of it is they won’t do anything to assist, refund or replace until a 4 week investigation has been conducted, starting from now, as the final date of the 14-39 day delivery window has just expired.

One of their postal partners has lost it in the post but no one can tell me how, why or where. Utterly disappointed in the company I bought these from. It’s actually two orders that have gone walkies.

It feels like they hate their customers  

So it’s been long. And shocking. How apt.....  (wince, sorry...)

Yeah, I try to avoid ordering from places overseas like that.  Frustrating.

Today's basket case delivery included 2 complete shockers, one is a Bycomo/Deagstini rolling chassis (minus a ton of parts) the other buggy is a total unknown with a snapped chassis.

Both of these will be totally stripped & broken for parts, the dampers, motor, & tyres on the buggy are decent & will end up on my Bear Hawk project, it also appears to have a full set of turnbuckles fitted & various anodised parts which will end up on a City Honda project. The rest of the parts will go into a huge box of other random parts to potentially be used for a Frankenstein project for the future.

40125505632_2e2fcb2dc2_b.jpg

8 hours ago, max69vk said:

Today's basket case delivery included 2 complete shockers, one is a Bycomo/Deagstini rolling chassis (minus a ton of parts) the other buggy is a total unknown with a snapped chassis.

Both of these will be totally stripped & broken for parts, the dampers, motor, & tyres on the buggy are decent & will end up on my Bear Hawk project, it also appears to have a full set of turnbuckles fitted & various anodised parts which will end up on a City Honda project. The rest of the parts will go into a huge box of other random parts to potentially be used for a Frankenstein project for the future.

40125505632_2e2fcb2dc2_b.jpg

Do you ever wonder whether or not you'll get through that box of parts? The buggy looks to be a DF03.

7 hours ago, mman2005 said:

Do you ever wonder whether or not you'll get through that box of parts? The buggy looks to be a DF03.

The box of parts is ever growing, and I very much doubt I'll ever get through all of it! I've had another look & it's definitely not a DF03, but there aren't any other ID markings on it anywhere.

Todays postal deliveries included yet another early 80's Beatties bag & this;

26293106678_f9cbb25d41_b.jpg25294322597_ec5acecddc_b.jpg40133521772_e7f4685ccc_b.jpg26293106648_8a8199e655_b.jpg

Unfortunatley the shell has a few unnecessary holes in it, but the chassis is really good other than a repaired steering link. I'll probably be fitting an original Scorcher shell to this anyway.

• Like 3

Technically came in yesterday...

Got and built these... just need a buggy to put them on...

39467604994_5d4da608e9_b.jpg

And one more bit to fully restore my Super Champ

26306159378_1f7f0652d7_b.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iluvmud said:

Technically came in yesterday...

Got and built these... just need a buggy to put them on...

39467604994_5d4da608e9_b.jpg

What make are they? Look like the sort of thing I'm after :)

On 2/9/2018 at 7:17 AM, Juggernut said:

JIS screwdrivers arrived!  Seem very good quality.

dV3PY6b.jpg

Without trying to sound to much like an idiot, what exactly are JIS, I'd never heard of them till I joined here?

Japanese International Standard. Its simply the japanese domestic engineering standard, but it variss slightly from the more common phillips or pozi crosshead screw standards.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Sammo said:

What make are they? Look like the sort of thing I'm after :)

They’re Tamiya 54028 I believe 

• Thanks 1

My son wanted a mad bull he had some money from Christmas so got this as a roller. Couple of hours later all cleaned up and running, has original body and is vintage but no idea how vintage.rps20180210_150207.thumb.jpg.effd9323bc017c7a937954fbc713aa99.jpgrps20180210_150320.thumb.jpg.b64fbfa4cce7d80e4363ce7134daf824.jpg

• Like 2

@novicelad Thats seriously tidy and has aftermarket white wheels and grasshopper graphics.

I picked two up in Jan but both were well used and one needed a shell.

A Rear Wheel Drive M Chassis - M04L very tidy condition.... the egg boxes were empty though :(

4UKqHlc.jpg

VAIz7zt.jpg

yd0A8I4.jpg

And also some body posts for my FF01, front uprights for my Striker restoration and a snazzy rear exhaust to use somewhere.

XL3U8Od.jpg

M4wp5A3.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Baddon said:

@novicelad Thats seriously tidy and has aftermarket white wheels and grasshopper graphics.

I picked two up in Jan but both were well used and one needed a shell.

Its pretty good nic they are cool cars

2 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

A Rear Wheel Drive M Chassis - M04L very tidy condition.... the egg boxes were empty though :(

4UKqHlc.jpg

You must be egg-tremely disappointed

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I'm a sucker for anything blue and with a 49*** number!

IMG_20180210_213722.jpg

• Like 1

On 2/7/2018 at 8:42 PM, Man1c M0nk3y said:

Yep they replace the plastic ball carrier and balls and the two thrust washers. Have sent you a pm. 

Are they worth replacing for the Thrust Bearings? I am going to build my TF soon so would be good to know if its a worthwhile upgrade. Already for the plastic gear set and alu motor mount :)

38 minutes ago, dc-arena said:

Are they worth replacing for the Thrust Bearings? I am going to build my TF soon so would be good to know if its a worthwhile upgrade. Already for the plastic gear set and alu motor mount :)

I honestly can’t say. I have yet to build or indeed have any experience of them. 

There are however several builds on here that use them and there’s a guide on TamiyaBase on diff rebuilding that use them. Theory being stronger and easier setup. Less chance of crushing/over tighten from my understanding at least.

Sorry cant be much more use than that but getting rid of that plastic ball holder can’t hurt either. 

11 minutes ago, Man1c M0nk3y said:

I honestly can’t say. I have yet to build or indeed have any experience of them. 

There are however several builds on here that use them and there’s a guide on TamiyaBase on diff rebuilding that use them. Theory being stronger and easier setup. Less chance of crushing/over tighten from my understanding at least.

Sorry cant be much more use than that but getting rid of that plastic ball holder can’t hurt either. 

Cheers, I'll have a look out for those builds.

I might have a look out for the RW Racing pinions too, seems sensible as the originals are probably not very durable. Have you got those too? Haven't seen anywhere to buy them yet.

9 minutes ago, dc-arena said:

Cheers, I'll have a look out for those builds.

I might have a look out for the RW Racing pinions too, seems sensible as the originals are probably not very durable. Have you got those too? Haven't seen anywhere to buy them yet.

Yeah I have a 19t to start with. Modelsport have them but some sizes are out of stock at present. Did see some on eBay too.

16 minutes ago, Man1c M0nk3y said:

Yeah I have a 19t to start with. Modelsport have them but some sizes are out of stock at present. Did see some on eBay too.

Cool man, cheers!

I quite fancy a Manta Ray re-re this year, so will be doing it all over again with that since most of the components are the same as TF :D

A Jimny Wheelie body

Aluminium front suspension mounts for cc01

A land cruiser body for cc01 

And some tyres...

No pictures as yet to have figured out a flickr account!