backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

My IR temp gun arrived today, which is the new toy I wanted the most from my recent order and last to arrive, but I have nothing to do with it until March 17th which is the next race meet. Its this one

https://m.banggood.com/MUSTOOL-MT6320-Digital-LCD-Non-Contact-Infrared-IR-Thermometer-Temperature-Meter-Gun-50-380-p-1125502.html?rmmds=search

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

My IR temp gun arrived today, which is the new toy I wanted the most from my recent order and last to arrive, but I have nothing to do with it until March 17th which is the next race meet. Its this one

https://m.banggood.com/MUSTOOL-MT6320-Digital-LCD-Non-Contact-Infrared-IR-Thermometer-Temperature-Meter-Gun-50-380-p-1125502.html?rmmds=search

Start taking temps of in-animate objects and then check your forearm temperature and back and fourth trying to catch it out to see if it's reliable........ I did this for 20 minutes when I first got mine.. great fun!

• Haha 1

Loads of bits and bobs. 

Nothing exciting mind just bolts, washers/spacers, flange nuts, lock nuts etc

For de-slopping the DT03 and for swapping out bits on the Top Force with blingier ones ☺️ 

Might not use much of it but I’ll have them should the need arise. Spares box is growing!

On 20/02/2018 at 2:03 PM, max69vk said:

Deliveries have been a bit quiet of late (my bank account has been heaving a sigh of relief), but I've had a couple of vintage Beatties bags (blue) turn up to house a couple of vintage models without boxes, plus a set of original SRB shocks, & these converted SRB shocks, only a simple modification but they make the world of difference in both looks and performance!

25508381207_9dc9149034_b.jpg

I’m pretty sure these are RC Channel shocks. 

Nice quality, but mine still leaked after a couple of runs and you have to remove the rear torsion bar.

4 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

I’m pretty sure these are RC Channel shocks. 

Nice quality, but mine still leaked after a couple of runs and you have to remove the rear torsion bar.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they're RC Channel. Even if they leak they still have to be better than the standard sticks! 😀

5 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

Start taking temps of in-animate objects and then check your forearm temperature and back and fourth trying to catch it out to see if it's reliable........ I did this for 20 minutes when I first got mine.. great fun!

Yep, it passed a lot of time yesterday, weird how a red light and some numbers will do that! And that was just me, then more again when my son got home

• Haha 2

Last bits needed for my next build.

E-parts for a TB Evolution thanks to Tony's Tamiya parts 👍.

Bought the kit a couple of months ago but it was less complete than listed!. But at least it had its carbon chassis parts and screw bags and wasn't to expensive🙂. Missing a few other bits but I'm swapping for hop ups.

IMG_20180222_215944.jpg

• Like 1

Got springs for my  re re optima to try to help the traction roll i have causing flips at times on the street. Also got titanium steering rods and waiting on the smaller ones from another shop. . I also went against my better judgement and bought jazzrider aluminum servo mount for it. I figured for $7 it is worth giving them a shot again. 

9C5AD9DC-D5A3-40FB-87E6-9DAE945C36EE.jpeg

Hermes driver delivered me a bnib Peugeot 406st body set, wheels/tyres and a bnib tamiya castrol mugen nsx bodyset with wheels and super grip tyres. Delighted with them. Many thanks to Tamiya club member TamiyaBigStuff 👍

I think the Mrs is going to hang me...

25565265077_a76fa09e9d_b.jpg39542513755_618c8fcd94_b.jpg40438775801_8b343edc2c_b.jpg

Thankfully this should only need a good cleanup rather than a full resto!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, max69vk said:

I think the Mrs is going to hang me...

25565265077_a76fa09e9d_b.jpg39542513755_618c8fcd94_b.jpg40438775801_8b343edc2c_b.jpg

Thankfully this should only need a good cleanup rather than a full resto!

Looks in great shape, I thought mine would be a simple cleanup, but it still is ipundone due to my OCD. How are the fender attachments to the bumper on yours? Sadly one of mine is broke, but that is simple proof it was driven around.

A pretty hard to find Corsair M Killer bodyshell in 210m wheelbase... still with the protective film on the outside and a spoiler and spare wheel to mount if I want.

It's a very transluscent green so I will back it with a chrome to see if it gives more depth.

7dmKfmz.jpg

wNhGeH2.jpg

And a Gyro and some scale bonnet vents made form thin aluminium..... these might look good sat on an on-road car.

l38gf8r.jpg

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

And a Gyro and some scale bonnet vents made form thin aluminium..... these might look good sat on an on-road car.

l38gf8r.jpg

Be curious to know how you get on with the gyro.

43 minutes ago, Man1c M0nk3y said:

+1

1 hour ago, Man1c M0nk3y said:

Yeah I saw that thread on here and bought the cheapest one linked on it lol... it has the direction arrow to mount it towards the front of the car!

49 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

+1

@Jason1145 is it for the M04 or destined for another speed run car?

Yeah I think the M04 will get to try it out as I hear it’s a pig to drive straight on power... and I’ve stored away my other 2 RWD cars with no easy access to them now (DT02’s).

Whats the thinking... these gyros are likely to get best results from a RWD right?

26 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

Yeah I think the M04 will get to try it out as I hear it’s a pig to drive straight on power... and I’ve stored away my other 2 RWD cars with no easy access to them now (DT02’s).

Whats the thinking... these gyros are likely to get best results from a RWD right?

They drive pretty good on the straights , it's the braking which is the tricky bit. Mine raced best with 28r on the front and 22r rear. I tried a gyro but it made no difference 😐 but my gyro was a cheapie.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, svenb said:

They drive pretty good on the straights , it's the braking which is the tricky bit. Mine raced best with 28r on the front and 22r rear. I tried a gyro but it made no difference 😐 but my gyro was a cheapie.

Good to hear. I’d expect it to spin out if given too many beans off the line.. what’s the 28r and 22r refer to!

A nice little haul for a nice small price including a FF01 in very nice shape with a pretty battered Golf body, a futaba attack remote and best of all a Wild Willy 2

20180223_193646

Took the Wild Willy apart this evening. I'll go for a new body as this one is pretty damaged, the rest will be  in good enough shape for a runner after a good cleanup. 

• Like 1