backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

2 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

Good to hear. I’d expect it to spin out if given too many beans off the line.. what’s the 28r and 22r refer to!

It's the compound of the tyres, lower the number the softer the tyre ie more grip.

Screenshot_20180224-002600.png

Screenshot_20180224-002720.png

• Like 1

Couldn't link so had to screen shot.

20 & 28 would work👍

Not cheap though 😮

I ran a TA03 ball diff and when running on slippery concrete I was running better times than M03/5's

It's not arrived yet but I've just spent an absurd amount of money on a discontinued Graupner M-Class body.

Project thread to follow. Need a chassis for it too; thinking TA02 or DF01 (what's the difference?)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Crash Cramer said:

Looks in great shape, I thought mine would be a simple cleanup, but it still is ipundone due to my OCD. How are the fender attachments to the bumper on yours? Sadly one of mine is broke, but that is simple proof it was driven around.

Yeah OCD about the cleanup is one thignIm trying to avoid... I'm not convinced I'll win that battle. One of the lower front wing corners is broken off and missing as is one of the rear lights on the tailgate (though these can be grafted on from a rere part to if needed) although I've got a few spare shells and grills I can swap around as I seem to have developed an obsession for collecting them. There's a couple of other Rangers not pictured here too...

28257337139_ec4f33c5ac_b.jpg

7 hours ago, svenb said:

Couldn't link so had to screen shot.

20 & 28 would work👍

Not cheap though 😮

I ran a TA03 ball diff and when running on slippery concrete I was running better times than M03/5's

Cool thanks I will bear these in mind if I find it too tricky driving on regular M chassis street tyres.

the order from tony's tamiya parts i orde'rd late yesterday afternoon for the replacement part's for my original top-force make over turned up this morning another great service from tony again and for once fare play to the post office even though the postie banged on my door like he was trying to kick it in lol. gonna wait till in the week till i swop them over as it will give me something to do while i have a new kitchen put in witch i ain't looking forward to 

13 hours ago, max69vk said:

Yeah OCD about the cleanup is one thignIm trying to avoid... I'm not convinced I'll win that battle. One of the lower front wing corners is broken off and missing as is one of the rear lights on the tailgate (though these can be grafted on from a rere part to if needed) although I've got a few spare shells and grills I can swap around as I seem to have developed an obsession for collecting them. There's a couple of other Rangers not pictured here too...

28257337139_ec4f33c5ac_b.jpg

OH WOW, LOOK AT THAT Why oh why has no one figured out how to make a fender flare replacement panel for both sides of the Ranger?? Yes it is a simple graft for the taillights AND you can get some that will take it to the next level from Ampro off shapeways for adding LEDs to.

4 hours ago, topforcein said:

the order from tony's tamiya parts i orde'rd late yesterday afternoon for the replacement part's for my original top-force make over turned up this morning another great service from tony again and for once fare play to the post office even though the postie banged on my door like he was trying to kick it in lol. gonna wait till in the week till i swop them over as it will give me something to do while i have a new kitchen put in witch i ain't looking forward to 

At least your positive knocks, mine just leave it on the stoop as if no one is ever home even when I am at home.

24 minutes ago, Crash Cramer said:

OH WOW, LOOK AT THAT Why oh why has no one figured out how to make a fender flare replacement panel for both sides of the Ranger?? Yes it is a simple graft for the taillights AND you can get some that will take it to the next level from Ampro off shapeways for adding LEDs to.

Funny you say that, I've spent the last couple of days looking into how to make moulds for that exact reason 😁

PLEASE DO THAT, won’t tell you how many you will sell, but it could be helpful to a few of us “styrene challenged” folks

All the way from Germany, totally filthy but complete & good condition M38 LWB chassis...

26623580558_7dac46cae6_b.jpg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, max69vk said:

All the way from Germany, totally filthy but complete & good condition M38 LWB chassis...

26623580558_7dac46cae6_b.jpg

Great project.

I have very nice SWB missing some odds and sods, hopefully you will have some of the bits I need to complete it that I can buy from you. 

52 minutes ago, evssv69 said:

we like carbon...:wub:..esp if its real carbon. :wub::wub:

Well I certainly hope it’s real 😂 

Need to fight the urge to buy the rest now...it’s not going to happen, weak willed!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Niiiiiiiiiice!

They certainly look it. Trying to resist the urge to buy the rest now!

Figures I’d see what these were like first seeing as I see a benefit to the front tower having the brace before committing to the expense of the rest. 

Order from Schumacher arrived (not the postie, but mate of a mate 🙄 ) 

Selection of shock oil, diff oil, shock springs, roll bars, pinions etc, £130 worth!!

(yes, i know i know, need to sort the photo thing out...) 

First ever order from rcmart....Not bad w/ the slow boat, just a bit over a week...

supershot suspension upgrade for my hotshot!

odMBDVu.jpg

• Like 2

Probably my last RC for some time..... I was kicking myself that i didnt bid higher on a partially built MIB 58002.... this guy isnt a bad consolation prize at more than half the price, its mint dont even think its ever been driven.

38700218890_c3d71b01ae_b.jpg

BTW anyone happen to have any Cheetah parts lying around??

• Like 3

9 hours ago, howaboutme said:

First ever order from rcmart....Not bad w/ the slow boat, just a bit over a week...

:o WHAAAAAT!??? :blink:

My last order took over a month. I had nearly forgotten about it when it finally showed up. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Kingfisher said:

:o WHAAAAAT!??? :blink:

My last order took over a month. I had nearly forgotten about it when it finally showed up. 

Same here, RCMart for me is anything from 2 to 6 weeks. And they charge the most for shipping of everyone 

• Like 1

On 17/01/2018 at 12:34 PM, nowinaminute said:

Just some 1150 bearings, nothing exciting. 

These are the cheapest I have found that are still reasonable quality. There are several listings for them on ebay, they work out about £1.50-1.70 for 10.

They are "NMD" branded which is a reasonably well regarded brand. I have no idea if they are factory direct or pulled out of surplus equipment but the fact that every bag of ten always has 2 that are black on one side instead of green makes me think it might somehow be the latter.

Regardless, they seem decent quality and smooth enough for general purpose use. I once tried some even cheaper metal shielded ones but the "grease" in them was literally like glue and once I cleaned and relubed them they had terrible play. These are by far the best combination of cheapness and quality I have found.

yxBAXCm.jpg
4uRIKch.jpg

Have you got a link for these please?