backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

3 hours ago, Carts said:

Received a nice Mercedes clk dtm tt01. 

Bet it couldn’t possibly be nicer than a Beams Integra TL-01LA ;)

Pics of the CLK please I love that car!

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

Bet it couldn’t possibly be nicer than a Beams Integra TL-01LA ;)

Pics of the CLK please I love that car!

I can’t gwt photos to up load tried flicker etc it’s in my showroom lovely car. Very good condition for age. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ChrisRx718 said:

Rather than the postman I went and collected for myself, a load of 3x10 stainless socket head screws. I paid about  £3.50 for 300 of them - should keep me going a while!

A company called Screwfix may still be in existence in the UK. Mail order hardware & tools. You could by boxes of the small nylock nuts bolts screws etc for naff all money. I’ve still got plenty some 12 years later, that turns out fit on some of the Tamiya’s I now have. 

A very nice front nudge bar turned up from the USA Today from RC hobby design’s for my SRB Chassis :)  

0FE5007D-2AAB-4CCE-A2FD-78322FB69498.jpeg

601FAA9D-4CC0-4FEA-9B07-F7FBAA587CB7.jpeg

• Like 4

Had some SRB goodies turn up today

39843089424_0d2121cc35_b.jpg39843089454_a6282e8e49_b.jpg39843089474_508e42e2ab_b.jpg

Guess it an excuse to build another SRB chassis...😜

• Like 2

I got some Nikko parts back from Granddad Stinky who was kind enough to do some lathe work on them so I could replace the plastic bearings with proper ones.

Now I can take another step in unleashing the potential of these almost-hobby grade vehicles! It's great to ditch the plastic bushings and the ticking time bomb they represent for the drive cups. It should stop anything getting into the gearboxes too. No more worrying about those parts wearing away!

Some are for my Super Dictator and some for my Ford F150 twin 540 powered trucks.

sJIjs3i.jpg

I'll make a thread in the Nikko section once I get it all put back together.

20180301_094512.jpg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, max69vk said:

Had some SRB goodies turn up today

39843089424_0d2121cc35_b.jpg39843089454_a6282e8e49_b.jpg39843089474_508e42e2ab_b.jpg

Guess it an excuse to build another SRB chassis...😜

Nice Tyres, where do you pick those up from?

17 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Nice Tyres, where do you pick those up from?

Go to ebay.com (not.co.uk) and search for a seller 'hwpeterl' he also does other vintage tyres as well, and they cost less delivered from HK than a set of rere tyres from the UK! Delivery only took 4 days as well :)

• Thanks 1

RCMart delivered - seriously I don't know what you guys have done to upset them, this arrived in less than a week on their cheap postage option :lol:

CC01 Chassis Tub

CC01 C Parts

CC01 B Parts

Ball Connectors

Wheel Pins

Which leaves me with enough bits to build a CC01 "Bitsa" from all the other spares I have amassed!

3 hours ago, max69vk said:

Go to ebay.com (not.co.uk) and search for a seller 'hwpeterl' he also does other vintage tyres as well, and they cost less delivered from HK than a set of rere tyres from the UK! Delivery only took 4 days as well :)

I second that, his quality in tires is awesome, I have a set of his original Hilux tires and they are perfectly priced

• Like 1

Hopefully this Flickr thing works...

39866831004_06b8421098_c.jpg

This is a Graupner Mercedes ML bodyshell. Very, very rare. Includes the decals, not sure if there are masking sheets in there, but unfortunately it's missing the mirrors and roof bars. If any German members know of Graupner spares outlets, I'd be very interested to know of them...

The long-term plan is to produce another movie car favourite - one which receives very little attention, there are hardly any models of this vehicle. I'm going to need to do some bespoke work (perhaps learn some 3D modelling?!) to get this right. But the ultimate plan will be this -

7082080003_large.jpg

Any suggestions on how I can pull it off would be most appreciated! The tyres are an issue already - the original Graupner was sold as a kit on a touring car chassis - those wheel wells are not very big. Need to get thinking on that one!

Chassis needs to be touring car width. I'm thinking TA02? Mainly because the TA02T supports larger wheels - secondly because there's now an abundance of spares on the market due to recent re-releases. The final, and perhaps most obvious reason for this choice, is that - I don't have a TA02....YET!

• Like 2

Postie made it through the snow with the biggest outer box I've ever received from Tamico..... housing their offer of the week - an XB Levant.

Now I know nothing about it's car other than it's based on the TB01.

Tumbleweed blows............ 

So, that TBLE-01S esc.. what's that all about???

According to this first site I've viewed it's not able to run with lipo?!

http://www.shoppinginjapan.net/tble-01

Anyway.. onto the car:

1QPOE9R.jpg

y2Yr5AG.jpg

uYDcRHG.jpg

FXJsZuU.jpg

• Like 6

I like the TBLE-01S but no you can't run lipos unless you have a alarm.

If you want rid can I have first dibs?😉

How much was it anyway way?

39 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

Postie made it through the snow with the biggest outer box I've ever received from Tamico..... housing their offer of the week - an XB Levant.

Anyway.. onto the car:

1QPOE9R.jpg

y2Yr5AG.jpg

uYDcRHG.jpg

FXJsZuU.jpg

1 hour ago, svenb said:

I like the TBLE-01S but no you can't run lipos unless you have a alarm.

If you want rid can I have first dibs?😉

How much was it anyway way?

Landed to UK was £95.

The tble01s looks decent but if I swap it you can have first refusal, how many have you got already?

Looking st the manual it’s pretty neat, can set the battery type to off and run lipo with the alarm as you said... but what’s the neautral braking? Is it drag brake when off throttle?

17 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

Landed to UK was £95.

The tble01s looks decent but if I swap it you can have first refusal, how many have you got already?

Looking st the manual it’s pretty neat, can set the battery type to off and run lipo with the alarm as you said... but what’s the neautral braking? Is it drag brake when off throttle?

Not a bad deal👍

I'm no expert but I believe neutral braking is how much play you have with the throttle stick/trigger before the brakes apply 🤔

• Like 1

My shapeways order finally arrived. Unfortunately i made a mistake on the design of the dt03 3 deg uprights so they are garbage. Hoping for more success on the thunder dragon steering improvement. We shall see tomorrow. 

4 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

Anyway.. onto the car:

1QPOE9R.jpg

y2Yr5AG.jpg

uYDcRHG.jpg

FXJsZuU.jpg

Sweet! I was tempted by this, seems quite interesting. I resisted be Boomerang, then instantly regretted not buying it! :/ Maybe it will turn up again (it was on sale during Christmas too).

35 minutes ago, dc-arena said:

Sweet! I was tempted by this, seems quite interesting. I resisted be Boomerang, then instantly regretted not buying it! :/ Maybe it will turn up again (it was on sale during Christmas too).

i've learned not to hang around when I see something I like at a good price.... who needs to look before they leap lol..... although a few times I've landed in poop from not looking too ;p

I'm hoping it can self correct in the air, tired of my cars either nose diving or landing on their butts (I'm bad mouthing you Hornet and DT02!)

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

Postie made it through the snow with the biggest outer box I've ever received from Tamico..... housing their offer of the week - an XB Levant

You could just punt it on,like this guy, sold within a couple of hours!! 

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tamiya-XB-Levant-Brushless-NEW-NEVER-USED-16t-RTR-4WD/132524201242?_mwBanner=1#vi__app-cvip-panel

More bits in the post. Original Wild Willy bodyshell from the worlds fastest M38....

I only say that as the thing must of crashed at around 300mph to sustain the damage it has, I'm not even sure this will be repairable due to the sheer number & size of cracks, also the rear arches have been hacked out for some reason 😳

39701407935_4a0fcbb992_b.jpg40554105712_f73c461cf6_b.jpg38786455710_74a11ea9f1_b.jpg40554105762_1cb79c69db_b.jpg

Now I thought this was bad unti I saw what else was in the box, I don't even want to guess what happened to the rest of it!

26724792948_18105fcc89_b.jpg39701407605_c4e8aa6684_b.jpg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

This pitched up yesterday from TC member Daniel and I’m really pleased with it.

My daughter has a Lunchbox and this one will be for me and a family runner, thank you Daniel.

Lots of fun, easy to repair and fun to upgrade.

3E593985-1FE3-4EDA-BD92-1D8454484E57.jpeg

• Like 2