backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

12 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

Knowing me I’ll run it once which halves the value then sell it ;)

Only kidding this one might be a keeper, besides I love these XB boxes!

7 hours ago, TwistedxSlayer said:

Im glad this has arrived @Jason1145

Anything you wanna know... pm me or check out my thread. Lol.

Thanks Twisted for the heads up on this offer, it’s sitting here looking at me like it wants a quick run!

Off the bat can it run lipo without changing anything, the esc comes set in profile 5 which means for the battery cut off it’s set in (1) Nimh / Ni-cd ( the other two options are (2) Unavailable, (3) Off)

• Like 2

Yes. Turn the battery cut off to off and throw a LiPo alarm in there like normal :-)

1 hour ago, Jason1145 said:

Knowing me I’ll run it once which halves the value then sell it ;)

Only kidding this one might be a keeper, besides I love these XB boxes!

Thanks Twisted for the heads up on this offer, it’s sitting here looking at me like it wants a quick run!

Off the bat can it run lipo without changing anything, the esc comes set in profile 5 which means for the battery cut off it’s set in (1) Nimh / Ni-cd ( the other two options are (2) Unavailable, (3) Off)

• Thanks 1

The Levant is tempting at 99 Euros. Looks like quite a laugh from the few YouTube videos I’ve watched. 

On 02/03/2018 at 6:21 PM, Jason1145 said:

Postie made it through the snow with the biggest outer box I've ever received from Tamico..... housing their offer of the week - an XB Levant.

Now I know nothing about it's car other than it's based on the TB01.

Tumbleweed blows............ 

So, that TBLE-01S esc.. what's that all about???

According to this first site I've viewed it's not able to run with lipo?!

http://www.shoppinginjapan.net/tble-01

Anyway.. onto the car:

1QPOE9R.jpg

y2Yr5AG.jpg

uYDcRHG.jpg

FXJsZuU.jpg

Ooooo...

you almost had me there, I almost hit order

need to keep my cool for another 14 hours

• Haha 1

On 02/03/2018 at 6:21 PM, Jason1145 said:

Postie made it through the snow with the biggest outer box I've ever received from Tamico..... housing their offer of the week - an XB Levant.

Now I know nothing about it's car other than it's based on the TB01.

Tumbleweed blows............ 

So, that TBLE-01S esc.. what's that all about???

According to this first site I've viewed it's not able to run with lipo?!

http://www.shoppinginjapan.net/tble-01

Anyway.. onto the car:

1QPOE9R.jpg

y2Yr5AG.jpg

uYDcRHG.jpg

FXJsZuU.jpg

Come on let’s see this beast in action lol absolute bargain at that price

• Like 1

16 hours ago, max69vk said:

More bits in the post. Original Wild Willy bodyshell from the worlds fastest M38....

I only say that as the thing must of crashed at around 300mph to sustain the damage it has, I'm not even sure this will be repairable due to the sheer number & size of cracks, also the rear arches have been hacked out for some reason 😳

39701407935_4a0fcbb992_b.jpg40554105712_f73c461cf6_b.jpg38786455710_74a11ea9f1_b.jpg40554105762_1cb79c69db_b.jpg

Now I thought this was bad unti I saw what else was in the box, I don't even want to guess what happened to the rest of it!

26724792948_18105fcc89_b.jpg39701407605_c4e8aa6684_b.jpg

Good luck with that mate:o! If ya manage to bring it back to life I'd love to see it!

4 hours ago, Nobbi1977 said:

Ooooo...

you almost had me there, I almost hit order

need to keep my cool for another 14 hours

4 hours ago, Carts said:

Come on let’s see this beast in action lol absolute bargain at that price

Success.... I figured out how to programme the TBLE01S and can now run lipo on it! As soon as I have time I’ll speed run it stock on Nimh and 2s lipo to see what she’s got. 

Overall though the entire package is very nicely built and I think everyone should get one... what else can £95 get you instead??! ;)

3 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

Success.... I figured out how to programme the TBLE01S and can now run lipo on it! As soon as I have time I’ll speed run it stock on Nimh and 2s lipo to see what she’s got. 

Overall though the entire package is very nicely built and I think everyone should get one... what else can £95 get you instead??! ;)

Can’t even have a proper session for £95 lol 🍺

• Like 1

Possibly my result of the month already. This was listed as a Blackfoot tailgate, the pictures even looked like it was black too...

25760262257_a2a2119f0b_b.jpg

It cost half the price of a rere item. I'm now off to buy a lottery ticket... 😁

• Like 2

A couple more XV-01 hop-ups. A couple more are still winging their way over.

IMG_0459_zpszfyotrkx.jpg~original

Booked in a skive day to do some Tamiya work (coz that worked well last time, made no progress). Will hopefully reduce the number of in-progress projects so that I can start on the Asterion. 

• Like 2

My 59 dollar eBay buy it now, Wild Dagger or Twin Detonator. Seems to be in fine condition. A little dusty, no body, no bearings, no transmitter, 3 tires look like a dog chewed them, but other than that, I'm hoping it wasn't a bad deal. 

sllqEMV.jpg

• Like 4

Postie battled the elements to deliver me, not only, almost a weeks worth of junkmail and bills, but some parts for the DT03 beach runner build! 👍 

(first time flickr try)

DSC_0358

Being for wider, truck wheels, they hang over the rims a bit, nothing copious amounts of superglue wont fix! 👍 

DSC_0360

• Like 3

Brand new in packet Kyosho Renault Laguna BTCC decal set, from France. Only took 3 days to get to me as well :)

James

• Like 1

After almost 4 weeks of waiting my OrangeRX Futaba compatible receivers turned up today - 6x GR400S and 2x SF400S.

Good news: the SF400S models seem to bind and work great.

Bad news: NONE of the GR400S models will bind with my transmitter. Using the same equipment and settings as for the other model. All seem to be faulty.

Hobbyking live chat operator was as much use as a chocolate teapot and, without asking for any details of the problem, just told me to raise an RMA.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jim_GT-R said:

Brand new in packet Kyosho Renault Laguna BTCC decal set, from France. Only took 3 days to get to me as well :)

James

Is that blue and yellow or Nescafe green livery??

Blue and Yellow, only decals kyosho did. The Nescafe ones are by Trickbits and very rare. :(

James.

2 hours ago, Peter_B said:

Bad news: NONE of the GR400S models will bind with my transmitter. Using the same equipment and settings as for the other model. All seem to be faulty.

I almost sent my core micro rx back to otley modelsport, none would bind, then for some reason i tried them in a different car, binded straight away!

Found that if the steering servo was disconnected, it wouldnt bind, connect, no problem!?!? 

13 minutes ago, Wooders28 said:

I almost sent my core micro rx back to otley modelsport, none would bind, then for some reason i tried them in a different car, binded straight away!

Found that if the steering servo was disconnected, it wouldnt bind, connect, no problem!?!? 

I've tried 2 cars, servo connected, servo disconnected no joy so far.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Peter_B said:

I've tried 2 cars, servo connected, servo disconnected no joy so far.

One problem I have had with a different brand was it wouldn't recognise the BEC in the ESC so I could make it work with external battery pack (thenold 4 aa batteries like BITD) but not a TBLE-02S. 

In saying that I used a TBLE02S to bind the same rx to a T2HR so its probably not that...

2 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

One problem I have had with a different brand was it wouldn't recognise the BEC in the ESC so I could make it work with external battery pack (thenold 4 aa batteries like BITD) but not a TBLE-02S. 

In saying that I used a TBLE02S to bind the same rx to a T2HR so its probably not that...

Both cars I've tried with have TBLE-02S ESCs. I'll see if I can rig up an external battery pack to try.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Peter_B said:

Good news: the SF400S models seem to bind and work great.

How far away from each other are the RX and TX  when you try to bind? I found the Orange RXes I use with my Spektrum gear to be very prone to swamping. They need to be at lest six feet away from the TX to bind properly. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TurnipJF said:

How far away from each other are the RX and TX  when you try to bind? I found the Orange RXes I use with my Spektrum gear to be very prone to swamping. They need to be at lest six feet away from the TX to bind properly. 

Instructions say for them to be within half a metre of each other.

I tried distances from a few inches to about 6 feet without success.

The receivers just don't do what they are supposed to.