backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Postman brought me a brand new Tamiya factory finished Mitsubishi evo IV Monte Carlo body from Germany .... looks awesome 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Carts said:

Postman brought me a brand new Tamiya factory finished Mitsubishi evo IV Monte Carlo body from Germany .... looks awesome 

Come on then show us the goods😉

23 minutes ago, svenb said:

Come on then show us the goods😉

Will do tomorrow fella lol 

These arrived today for my daughters Lunchbox, amazing delivery time only ordered last Tuesday.

Super impresssed.

71A5BD72-2431-4597-A8A7-E10281032192.thumb.png.b19ce7e08fb44ce6cfe9417691f21c50.png

• Like 1

Postie dropped the avante torque splitter set through my letter box this morning:D from a local trader not exactly cheap :unsure: but nevertheless I'm happy!

140219092353_dsc01936.jpg

• Like 3

Yesterday brought a new body (and wing) for my Top Force to replace the one I messed up by painting in the cold last week.

Still no sign of my 3rd set of pinions. One came on Friday, another Saturday so thought the last one would come yesterday. Fingers crossed for today.

• Like 2

It's very thick and glossy.  But very disappointing compared to the old RC Guide Books.  And if you want to see trucks then you need to buy an extra book. :(

Tamiya-RC-Catalog-2018-500992018.jpg

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, novicelad said:

This big lump of a 4s battery :D

zTZfRpO.jpg

For the TX? That thing is going to be lethal 😂

11 minutes ago, Man1c M0nk3y said:

For the TX? That thing is going to be lethal 😂

For the TNX yup, I have been running it on 4s anyway but with two softpack 2s batteries. This should be safer and far more secure 

• Like 2

Someone on ebay has old JG  stock for the monster beetle. So i picked up this fiberglass monster beetle shock tower. It was cheap compared to the $28 carbon fiber ones on there. 

E9177346-A56C-4A3C-A2F1-7034B1CC4639.jpeg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, StrokerBoy said:

It's very thick and glossy.  But very disappointing compared to the old RC Guide Books.  And if you want to see trucks then you need to buy an extra book. :(

Tamiya-RC-Catalog-2018-500992018.jpg

Good to know - I nearly picked one up at my local hobby shop the other day, but I could not preview it as it was shrink-wrapped. I decided I did not have the budget for it, and left it on the shelf.

Today, I received a polycarbonate engine bay in the mail:

2prefb4.jpg

These things are huge! But then, the 1:10 scale cars are, too...

• Like 1

Some skate slip tape, to use on the underside of my Levant to stop it getting scratched when it lands jumps, can use it for lots of other cars too, especially to stop the screw heads getting worn down.

MmCPcHq.jpg

08FRmTw.jpg

• Like 6

11 hours ago, novicelad said:

This big lump of a 4s battery :D

zTZfRpO.jpg

I had two of these a fair few years ago when I bought a hpi savage flux! It was totally mental uncontrollable I lost count how many tyres it blew off and the final straw was it blew it's diffs to bits:wacko:........fun though!

When i was running the kf2 at the weekend, one of the rear wheelnuts fell off, twice, just at the tabletop , so i ordered new ones, they arrived today!!👍👍

2018-03-14_12-30-57

I think it pays to fully read the ebay description!! 🙄😂😂

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

When i was running the kf2 at the weekend, one of the rear wheelnuts fell off, twice, just at the tabletop , so i ordered new ones, they arrived today!!👍👍

2018-03-14_12-30-57

I think it pays to fully read the ebay description!! 🙄😂😂

Those are some mighty big nuts @Wooders28

Today the postie brought me a knight customs 3d printed snorkel for my Scx10ii. Unfortunately Mrs SCN was in when it was delivered so it magically only cost "£1.50 y'know how cheap 3d printed stuff is dont you darling?" 

• Haha 2

My remaining set of pinions turned up.

Well they could have arrived yesterday or the day before, I found them in a random place. My other half must have picked them up and not told me.

Also had a few different grades of Core-RC shock oil arrive.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Supercoolnothing said:

Those are some mighty big nuts

M8's!! I was looking for M4, a load of PTFE tape?? 🤔 😂 

1 hour ago, Peter_B said:

My other half must have picked them up and not told me

And so it begins 🙈

1 hour ago, Peter_B said:

Also had a few different grades of Core-RC shock oil arrive.

Great for getting the set up you need, along with springs and U4172 rear roll bar set, although i managed to bend the thin one at the weekend!!

2 minutes ago, Wooders28 said:

And so it begins 🙈

Great for getting the set up you need, along with springs and U4172 rear roll bar set, although i managed to bend the thin one at the weekend!!

Got springs already. Hopefully I'll be able to set it up to survive the jumps as a starting point and go from there.

• Like 1

I now have FF01 parts coming out of my proverbials.... not bad for a car I haven't even put electrics in (just sat a JAS Honda Civic shell atop).... but these are white! Sold to me.

gVCO86j.jpg

1 hour ago, Wooders28 said:

M8's!! I was looking for M4, a load of PTFE tape?? 🤔 😂 

PTFE tape or just stuff blu-tac into the nut to fill up the gap. I'm sure it'll be fine....... 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Supercoolnothing said:

PTFE tape or just stuff blu-tac into the nut to fill up the gap. I'm sure it'll be fine....... 

The first rule of quality engineering: You can fix anything with zip ties and duct tape. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1