backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Some Aqroshot wheels for the DT03 buggy to truck conversion. 

Massive difference in size 😯 Even the backs which I wasn’t expecting. 

40316112705_588a4498e5_z.jpg

41167601912_0562a363c1_z.jpg

Tyre decisions now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Don't fibre lyte do some carbon towers? 

They do but I was not impressed with the fit and the one shock hole is not correct for full travel on 95mm shocks

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, wolfdogstinkus said:

Yes they do, very cheap as well if you go for the csc material.

Linky please :) 

Re release Top Force CVA's apparently. Not sure why, but I was expecting the front and rear shock bodies and piston rods to be different lengths rather than using a spacer internally to shorten the fronts? Either way they were cheap & going on my Lunchbox build to replace the unknown ransoms currently fitted 😁

27341097128_9c41851799_b.jpg

I think the massive box that arrived at work today from Tamico contained a CR-01 FJ Cruiser. I do hope so... 😀

I really need to sort out a Photobucket alternative...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nobbi1977 said:

They do but I was not impressed with the fit and the one shock hole is not correct for full travel on 95mm shocks

That's a shame. I was impressed with the some other bits i have got.

2 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

I think the massive box that arrived at work today from Tamico contained a CR-01 FJ Cruiser. I do hope so... 😀

I really need to sort out a Photobucket alternative...

I know use ibb, and find it's super easy to use.

James.

• Thanks 1

My shock oils arrived, which was a surprise (resisted the urge to say a shock) as I only ordered them yesterday afternoon.  I guess thats the benefit of buying locally.  Losi oils, from 17.5 to 42.5 wt in 5wt increments.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, InsaneJim69 said:

I know use ibb, and find it's super easy to use.

James.

EC03_D46_D_2_D5_C_499_E_81_FB_E74_E7_AFB

Thanks for the tip! Very easy to use!

• Like 1

On 3/28/2018 at 12:35 PM, Tamiyabigstuff said:

Just arrived - 56545 Tipper Truck actuator set :)

DSCF0041.JPG

DSCF0042.JPG

Oh wicked, have you got the main kit yet? are you doing a build thread or anything?  All parts metal for actuator?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

EC03_D46_D_2_D5_C_499_E_81_FB_E74_E7_AFB

Thanks for the tip! Very easy to use!

:o Counter-sunk screws! Uh oh!

Didn't get anything from the postman today - gutted as waiting on deliveries from Hobbyking Europe, Stella Models, RC Mart and AliExpress :lol: The Mrs is gonna go nuts.

I did pop out to get some Tamiya 10 & 18mm masking tape and some tyre glue from my local hobby shop. Not sure why the urgency on the tyre glue...the DF02 isn't going to be ready for action for a little while after the tree incident!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ChrisRx718 said:

:o Counter-sunk screws! Uh oh!

Not my work, I hasten to add!

Just a turnigy servo and a sensor lead for the brushless motor.

IMG_20180404_145649.jpg

IMG_20180404_145641.jpg

Hopefully my esc will arrive tomorrow and I can have a wee test. :)

James.

2 minutes ago, InsaneJim69 said:

...and I can have a wee test. :)

James.

Sorry to hear that James. Let us know what the doctor says :lol:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, lee1980 said:

Oh wicked, have you got the main kit yet? are you doing a build thread or anything?  All parts metal for actuator?

Yes - got the tipper truck kit first, and also an MFU.

Actuator is pretty much all metal as far as I can see - going to take a proper look in the box later today.

Will give some thought to a build thread but I rarely follow the steps as per the manual...I will normally start these truck builds with the 3-speed gearbox, axles etc.. various sub-assemblies and work it out from there !

• Like 1

I was expecting two deliveries today. One from RCJaz (RM-01) and one from Tower (F103GT). I was a little confused when a third package arrived from RCPlanet.  As it turns out, I have an amazing girlfriend who ordered the Wraith Spawn for me. I got the RTR Spawn for her back in December and she likes it so much, that she got me the kit version.

40345529105_4456994d2c_b.jpg

• Like 3

A LEGO Ford Mustang.  Despite the sturdy packaging, the postman appears to have backed his van over it a couple of times.  "Royal Mail Second Class" ?  I should say so. :angry:

Nice little haul today from the postie, my Vampire Racing SR1 ESC arrived along with some lovely limited edition white Tamiya damper springs from Svenb and also some Losi white dish wheels. Then I remembered I forgot to order inner foams :( doh !!  Oh well, now ordered.

IMG_20180405_120003.jpg

IMG_20180405_120024.jpg

Hopefully the inner foams arrive tomorrow, coming from victor101car which is usually super fast at postage :) 

James.

• Like 1

A set of DT-03 bearings. Just waiting for the Racing Fighter to turn up now! 

• Like 1

Lots more deliveries today. First off, let this serve as a prime example of why not to drink & bid over the BH weekend... Overpriced, lots of broken parts, however what isn't smashed or missing is quite nice condition

EDIT: I take it all back, it turns out that I may have struck gold as this turned out to be a totally original proper MK1 chassis including double bearing rear arms, with every other part correct for the original release! It's also come with a black 540SD (red end bell version) 😳

26387132897_c12b097340_b.jpg

Then seperatley a matching manual 😀

40544601504_7df7cc106e_b.jpg

Next up some Clodbuster parts, a set of wheels that are being adapted to fit something else, and some alloy anti rotation brackets to actually go on the Clod, I've heard they're a weak point & they were on sale so it was a no brainer

40544601414_4df957858b_b.jpg41258821341_854871f833_b.jpg

• Like 2

This arrived today which is great, I don’t need the servos but these can be sold on.

I should just  need the AA battery holder now and then my Wild Willy should be RTR 😊

01B53EA1-FD5E-4A1E-80CF-6CF10B496877.jpeg

• Like 2

I normally don't post in this thread but just had to make an exception this time.

Today, the postman brought me a box full of vintage TRF cars and parts. No idea how long this will keep me occupied but I suspect quite some time.. :-) 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, pUs said:

I normally don't post in this thread but just had to make an exception this time.

Today, the postman brought me a box full of vintage TRF cars and parts. No idea how long this will keep me occupied but I suspect quite some time.. :-) 

That post is useless without pictures you tease 😂

The postman brought me nothing again. 5 days waiting now 😕 

• Sad 1