backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Some new Yellow MCI Decals for a Striker project, alongside some original and more MCI decals... top quality stuff again from Nathaneal.

sEciHsv.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fabia130vRS said:

Lrp or Nosram is no more?

I couldnt care for Nosram less same as for Carson. 

But Lrp nit excisting no more would hurt me since I have a esc+ brushed motor combo from 1997 and works perfectly after 20years... my heart grew to it 😀

Sorry to break it to you but :- 

“LRP electronic GmbH and Associated Electrics, Inc. would like to announce a change in distribution for the Team Associated and Reedy brands.

The bidirectional collaboration between LRP electronic GmbH and Associated Electrics, Inc. stands out as one of the most successful partnerships in the R/C industry’s history. After cooperating to win countless World Championship titles, the successfully shared sales and marketing efforts will come to an end.

Starting February 1st, 2018, LRP electronic GmbH will not be the exclusive distributor for Team Associated and Reedy anymore.

LRP electronic GmbH will now sell off its stock of Team Associated and Reedy products. All warranty and service for Team Associated and Reedy products will be handled by the new Team Associated and Reedy distributors starting February 1st, 2018.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the great support we have received from you in the recent months.

I regret to inform you that our promising investor process finally did not have a positive outcome, which results in the closure of LRP electronic GmbH on March 31st, 2018. Until then, business operations will continue normally with the existing workforce.

I, as the founder of LRP electronic GmbH, intend a new start for the LRP brand in new structures.

We will keep you informed about further developments.

Yours sincerely
Jürgen E. Lautenbach
LRP electronic GmbH”

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Mark_C said:

According to the LRP website they are shipping goods again, so either someone bought them or they found an investor. http://www.lrp.cc/index.html

When he said he, intended a new start for the LRP brand, I didn't think it would be quite so quick!! 🖒

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

Some new Yellow MCI Decals for a Striker project, alongside some original and more MCI decals... top quality stuff again from Nathaneal.

sEciHsv.jpg

Some good looking Striker stickers there. I'm waiting in some decals from MCI. Nothing custom this time though.

1 hour ago, Wooders28 said:

When he said he, intended a new start for the LRP brand, I didn't think it would be quite so quick!! 🖒

Schumacher are now the UK distributor for LRP I believe

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

Some good looking Striker stickers there. I'm waiting in some decals from MCI. Nothing custom this time though.

It always feels a bit like heresy customising these decals but hey ho, modern times and all that, 

I saw MCI upped their threshold from $40 to $50 to qualify for free shipping.. everything going up...£1 now only gets me 1.25L of Pepsi when it used to get 2L for that same £1 :( 

Now MCI too! 

1 hour ago, Jason1145 said:

It always feels a bit like heresy customising these decals but hey ho, modern times and all that, 

I saw MCI upped their threshold from $40 to $50 to qualify for free shipping.. everything going up...£1 now only gets me 1.25L of Pepsi when it used to get 2L for that same £1 :( 

Now MCI too! 

Well, you will keep deviating from box art! 

Yeah, I saw the postage increase. I ended up getting another set of decals and window masks for a shell I haven’t even got yet!

Not quite Tamiya MAP increases level though!

• Haha 1

Scored a NIB old Magnum Sport.  Think it's bound for my BRAT or Frog shelfer.  Not bad for $55 shipped :)

futaba.JPG

futaba1.JPG

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Peter_B said:

Schumacher are now the UK distributor for LRP I believe

Wow, didn't see that coming.

On 6/30/2018 at 1:03 PM, Jason1145 said:

sEciHsv.jpg

Mci are pretty dam good! (I know that's not the correct spelling but it wouldn't upload until I changed the grammar bit OTT strict me thinks🤔

20180515_092954.jpg

• Like 6

And itssss Mondaaaayyy...

blue f103 friction damper post and MST LSD 2.0 Gyro

for my F103. 

2hcf4lu.jpg

• Like 1

20180702_200958

After both sets of yeah racing universals in my thunder Dragon failed/fell apart I decided to not cheapskate it and got some proper tamiya ones for the front end at least. That means the Dragon should be good for a run out tomorrow.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

After both sets of yeah racing universals in my thunder Dragon failed/fell apart 

Wow, I've had absolutely no issues with the yeah racing shafts for years! Must be giving it some abuse 😎🖒

1 hour ago, Wooders28 said:

Wow, I've had absolutely no issues with the yeah racing shafts for years! Must be giving it some abuse 😎🖒

They were the first unis I ever had so I didn't know to pull the grub screw out to thread lock it, and a loose screw has wrecked one. Two went because the steering angle on my steering allowed the cups to score the shafts which I thought was a bit cheap I thought. Even though it's my own design c hub it's just a DF03 upright and the throw didn't seem that extreme. 1 is still ok 😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Two went because the steering angle on my steering allowed the cups to score the shafts which I thought was a bit cheap I thought. 

I'll need to check that on my DF03, I've got those all round! 

7 hours ago, Fabia130vRS said:

New parts for my F103 build from left over spare parts. 😛

24fbjmt.jpg

Love it, having almost enough leftover spares to build another so order more to build it - does that cycle ever end?!

• Haha 1

Finally, three weeks after paying for it my NIB Tamiya Audi R8R has arrived from Japan :) I bought one of these brand new from my LHS when I was 14/15. I loved it but honestly have no idea what happened to it. I've been on the hunt for a NIB one to add to my collection for about a year and this one finally came up on eBay for annoy extortionate price. 

gbBrLEJ.jpg

It was well packaged as requested by me. 

8ladNah.jpg

ddQGSQj.jpg

All shiny and new looking inside :)

tbn6gji.jpg

One thing that I was disappointed with was the condition of the box. It was described as excellent condition but unfortunately that's not the case. It's got some staining on the left side and also some compression of the box. I've already messaged the seller and he's offered a partial refund which is something. Although I'd rather the box was as described. 

DnivYfM.jpg

6ZVBTkU.jpg

• Like 3

@Jonathon Gillham, sure it never ends. Orderd top deck, t-plate and chassis plate for my current F103, and the scratched plates will go to the spare car. It will be going for sale with a beaten up damon hill body as it came NIB then. So at least I will try to get back the money of the plates. And my current F103/104 will be as new. Really sometimes I lose myself, but who does not? 😂

@Sammo, That looks really nice! I love how they made those LeMans shells for F103. 

• Like 1

Schumacher k2 slipper arrived for the slipper mod on the Optima mid 🖒

2018-07-04_03-47-21

• Like 4

Monster Beetle arrived. Will build stock, and see how the diff holds. Really looking forward to building this. 

DSC_0020.JPG

• Like 4

got my second Tamiya 4WD, first was a Hot Shot II which was broken more than i wanted to fix and i now have a Boomerang and two MIP Ball Diff sets. So i think next will be a Super Hot Shot. Here is a new stable horse 🐴

s-l500 (3).jpg

• Like 3

An original RC10 gold pan with the A stamp I got on eBay.  I've wanted one of these since I was a kid.  Only thing missing I can tell are the two strut tubes that brace the front of the chassis, and the front body post.  Going to clean it up, find a body and wing and run it.

43191979502_fd71dd6723_b.jpg28372127277_4b7f7d0a4a_b.jpg28372126417_7ced783768_b.jpg

• Like 9