backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

A big thanks to 'homespunTC' for accepting my offer, and as a result this is what the postman delivered to me today......

I will have to post these as multiple posts as i remove a layer at a time as the files are too big....

First layer on opening the box are a pair of Acoms Techniplus radios, along with a vintage Quickdrive

DSC_4803.JPG

• Like 1

This is what the postman delivered to me today...... Layer 2....

A vintage Toyota Celica 'Monte Carlo'..

If anyone has an original body for this, i will be interested in buying....

DSC_4804.JPG

• Like 6

What the postman delivered today layer 3...

Saved the best till last....

The Quickdrive is going spare as its not my thing, but the other two are going to be restored to shelf queen status. Check out my showroom for pictures as they arrived and progress.....

DSC_4805.JPG

• Like 9

Glad Tamiya did a rerun of these recently, will be perfect as a street gymkhana style rig! (Or overpowered rubber tired drifter/be stupid with car).814A438C-93BC-4972-9495-4CCB203EFE34.thumb.jpeg.f77b2c45d2ac2c529d86351bd6806098.jpeg4ADAC31A-F305-4223-8BEE-A56DD8C1235B.thumb.jpeg.edce660b844fce40cae3e04a5063724a.jpeg

• Like 11

Received my M06 today (so I expect an M08 announcement any day now).  I initially wanted the Alfa Giulia, but it seems like everyone has one.

5m3FAGC.jpg

• Like 7

Spotted this on eBay buy it now and hesisted slightly as the seller had 0 feedback. Anyway I took a chance and hit the button and paid. Once collection was arranged I made the 246 mile round trip to collect...

v4Dg33J.jpg

Turned out the seller was one of the nicest people I have ever met - came running to the car invited me and my wife in and offered us tea for the journey we just took. Even introduced us to the family who was at the table having Sunday roast!

The truck itself is in very good nick, minus the odd little body part missing and a tiny crack on the side of the arch, although it did take 9/10 years to find one....so now I’ve ended up with two in one year 🙈

Pnwd6mr.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

Nothing exciting. 3 used Hobbyking X-Car 45a for £5 off ebay. I find them to be a good simple ESC for motors up to about 23t. Switchable drag brake too! Always handy to have laying around. Like a mini quicrun 1060.

After the XV-01T build, I thought this would be a worthy investment prior to the TB-05Pro build.

6978731E-EDF8-474A-AA13-E3C417168F32.jpg

Thread forming tap on the list next...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

After the XV-01T build, I thought this would be a worthy investment prior to the TB-05Pro build.

i brought one of these and what a life saver they are shame i cant get my hands on the 4mm one

9 hours ago, topforcein said:

i brought one of these and what a life saver they are shame i cant get my hands on the 4mm one

There are two on eBay but shipping means they aren’t cheap!

Other brands are available though

https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/72533/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIm5f6xpW_3gIVDrftCh1tGggUEAQYAiABEgKdQPD_BwE

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

I love that tool, I’ve got the thread forming tap as well, don’t bother unless your using carbon reinforced parts. If you use it on normal plastic parts, yes it makes it easier to screw in but it also makes it easier to strip out the hole. On carbon reinforced plastic though it’s great. 

• Thanks 1

Got a new Asterion from Tamico:_DSC0776.thumb.jpg.9f23216dcee40b81eb08dcbbcf19c424.jpg

Which adds nicely to my pickup collection.

_DSC0780.thumb.jpg.565c663e70fe0e29bfd6d96ac2b1dabe.jpg

• Like 11

A new bodyshell for my Supercar collection, Tamiya Ferrari 599xx P/N 51474

I had a quick look inside and saw it has Cannards to mount which I was unaware of..... turns out they go on the back by the rear windows..... so not such a quick shell to finish!

gfnLRug.jpg

Here are some internet images to show the cannards

NOa8pou.png

zP6EKm0.png

• Like 3

This one wasn't the postman per say. I went out of town to a wedding last weekend, and while my wife was doing hair and makeup for the bride and sister I stepped out for a bit. We were there 4 hours before the event started and I had time to kill. Searched and found a local hobby shop 4 minutes from where I stopped for a coffee. Up high on the shelf was this little jewel. I think I have a boxed Monte Carlo and a Racing Mini already, also  an M01 Mini. However, knowing these were discontinued how could I resist, it was even on sale 117 USD  after tax. 

IMG_20181028_232139.jpg

• Like 7

Also this.

Curse you ebay 20% coupons. Stayed tuned for the CR-01, I will not be using the Bronco shell for now at least.

IMG_20181003_193035.jpg

IMG_20181003_192958.jpg

• Like 8

A couple of mini bits... The chassis this was sat on was mint, but I only really wanted the wheels so its already been re-homed with a different shell. Not sure I'll even keep this body as I'm looking at a pickup version, though this one is not cracked or damaged at all which is always a bonus. The decals were just a pot luck buy, one of those times you see something & have to do a double take as you cant believe its real! :)

45765133541_0bcd0b93a7_b.jpg45756404411_91dca8b6a7_b.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, max69vk said:

45756404411_91dca8b6a7_b.jpg

are you planning on useing the light decals and the lucas spotlight decals

Ha - this made me laugh!

Just a quick preview of my new winter project - Ozzy is going to be the driver for my new scale Jeep YJ leafer build...

i-ZjS6Rhq-XL.jpg

I paid way too much for him on eBay last week (if anyone on here was bidding thanks a bunch! - and if you were the seller, thank you - and he was very well packaged too!)

It was still brand-new in package, and I was amazed that the batteries in the base still worked - best of all, Ozzy says "Not sure where we are.."* in his bewildered Brummy voice, which I feel is perfect for my trail-biased build - so I'm going to try and incorporate the sound circuitry under the bonnet or seat-box/fuel cell somewhere, and trigger it from a third channel button on my transmitter!

Stand by for some updates in the Bulids section over the next couple of weeks!

Jenny x

*EDIT. Doh - I just listened to it again, and it's not "Not sure where we are..." but "That's the way we are..."

Since "We're the Osbournes..." is the second phrase, it makes much more sense now of course!

Still, as it's essentially a Birmingham accented Stephen Hawking style voice, it does also sound like "Not sure where we are", so I'm sticking with that ;o)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Picked up an ultrasonic cleaner. :)

I5LCmIV.jpg

The water with a little soap was clean when it started, so it appears very effective (Used DT-03 gearbox parts, as a testrun).
Very happy with that.

Also, in the mail was an envelope with an extra receiver!

So I opened the envelope with siccors instead of the old tear and pull method.....

The result: :blink:

WxrPP7h.jpg

Edited by Ray_ve
edit: shrunk the pictures a bit, files were large.
  • Sad 2

My first lunchbox arrived this week, paints and bearings picked up.  Trying to figure if I should go for CVA shock hopup’s. thanks to Time Tunnel models for excellent service as usual! 

1AC0F26E-CAD8-469B-A3E8-9E2B57E5CCD2.jpeg

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, trev82 said:

Trying to figure if I should go for CVA shock hopup’s. 

Yes definitely 😉

• Like 1

Ordered a couple of RC Channel aluminum reinforcing plates last month for my Rough Rider and Ranger XLT and they have arrived!

1Y8wKqU.jpg