backtomyroots

The "postman Brought Me" Thread

Recommended Posts

Well I picked my own package up after yesterday’s balls up. 

I now have tyres/inserts for the Top Force. 

Some ‘proper’ Tamiya tools instead of anything in my box that sorta fits!

7 (yep 7!) different colour Core RC paints for the girls DT03T body. 

And a load of parts for the Schumacher Cougar I was supposed to be not touching until I’d finished the other two builds. Oops!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new shocks for the bullhead, and a 3S lipo. :D

QLq4PmH.jpg

 

Took the bullhead out for a spin on 3S and dual silvercan, This is a crazy drive!

It will do wheelies from standstill, and on half brake it's rear is in the air.
Had to seriously reduce steering angle to keep confidence in the controls... RC was not like this in the eighties whahaha...

 

Edit: These shocks are 100mm, love the new slightly lowered look. :wub:

aOHyav7.jpg

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few things arrived. 

Hand delivered by the seller yay! 😊 

uuM02ih.jpg

n4tuwO1.jpg

wDdLbpV.jpg

KxlWwuh.jpg

Pq706p8.jpg

1ZcQUjP.jpg

The Hornet is complete I think it has a broken shock or steering mount which is an easy fix. 

The Manta Ray in the box is a very clean, original example in box art

Which will go nicely with my custom Ray. 

Super Astute is a new built re re and the others are vintage. 

No pics but also got an original ACTO-POWER Pinky motor (decal) and a DYNA-TECH 02H in very good condition. 

Was a nice little haul! 😊 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Those Hotshots are lovely! Good score! 

Thanks man! 

They'll look nice sitting alongside my old Hot Shot 😊

tZkhnZl.jpg

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Received a nice order from TamiyaUSA. Double Blaze body, decals, wheels and paint. Can't wait to get started on the paint.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Ray_ve said:

The new shocks for the bullhead, and a 3S lipo. :D

QLq4PmH.jpg

 

Took the bullhead out for a spin on 3S and dual silvercan, This is a crazy drive!

It will do wheelies from standstill, and on half brake it's rear is in the air.
Had to seriously reduce steering angle to keep confidence in the controls... RC was not like this in the eighties whahaha...

 

Edit: These shocks are 100mm, love the new slightly lowered look. :wub:

aOHyav7.jpg

That sounds fun, I'll be pimping my Bullhead when it arrives and those shocks look very apt... so the Bull can handle 3s lipo ok then??

Love that bodyshell btw... must pick up one for a runner to preserve the original bullhead shell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Turns out it would probably be cheaper just to buy a real Jeep and modify/accessorise it!

i-9R8fQkB-XL.jpg

Still, there are a few extra parts here that will be useful for my other models too - that's how I justify it anyway ;o)

Jenny x

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My warranty  replacement irc rear baja chassis plate:)...big thks to rob@ irc;)..my old one was over  3-4 years old :o

Cnc'd 5mm 7075 loveliness :wub:

20190206_13291920190206_132941

Would  of cost me 60quid delivered otherwise :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Purchased on the same day, one came from Taiwan the other from North London. Guess which one arrived first! 

46968376602_89581f6d40_b.jpg

The arches look terrible on silver & it turns out they were painted on the outside, a quick 20 minutes of rubbing & it looks 100x better.

46968376512_2e8fe50013_b.jpg

Tried it on my M05 chassis as I remembered the M03 it was destined for, I’d actually sold last year 🤭

46968376292_81febd08cd_b.jpg

 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, ELEPHT70 said:

Thanks man! 

They'll look nice sitting alongside my old Hot Shot 😊

tZkhnZl.jpg

That looks AWESOME in yellow.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The hobbyist's haul arrived for me today:

rw6w5l.jpg

That should be enough raw materials for me to do some serious scratchbuilding - I hope I am up to the challenge!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grastens said:

The hobbyist's haul arrived for me today:

rw6w5l.jpg

That should be enough raw materials for me to do some serious scratchbuilding - I hope I am up to the challenge!

Oooh, that's SWEET! I know I'd love to lay my hands on that nice evergreen stuff! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

That sounds fun, I'll be pimping my Bullhead when it arrives and those shocks look very apt... so the Bull can handle 3s lipo ok then??

Love that bodyshell btw... must pick up one for a runner to preserve the original bullhead shell.

 

I ran at for a minute or 2, as it was already quite late. The motors and WP-860 ESC did not feel hot. Gearboxes sounded OK too.

However, given the crazy drive, I think I'll run the Bullhead on 2S for now. The 3S is really intended for a nitro Mugen Seiki I have, which will get a brushless conversion.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Many thanks to baddon(andrew) for this. A beautiful beatties bag in great condition.

IMG_20190208_141637.jpg

IMG_20190208_141456.jpg

IMG_20190208_141422.jpg

IMG_20190208_141344.jpg

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About 55% of a super Blackfoot (or bush Devil) landed here today.

55%

Hmm where’s the other 45% 🤔

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A nice haul from Tamico before we leave the EU and get hammered for import duties!

 

816323A3-09E6-4B86-8EE7-2826ECB1AA63.jpeg

C3C8041D-B284-4334-BB1E-4BE368FC7566.jpeg

D3347075-88F6-4473-80DD-CC70C4F62D01.jpeg

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Duvetdo said:

A nice haul from Tamico before we leave the EU and get hammered for import duties!

 

816323A3-09E6-4B86-8EE7-2826ECB1AA63.jpeg

C3C8041D-B284-4334-BB1E-4BE368FC7566.jpeg

D3347075-88F6-4473-80DD-CC70C4F62D01.jpeg

Nice and niiiceeee.

I like the TA04S especially :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/8/2019 at 9:01 AM, Baddon said:

That looks AWESOME in yellow.

Yes it does man I love it! 

I'd still like a red one also, though haha! 

fTuP0Xz.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fabia130vRS said:

Nice and niiiceeee.

I like the TA04S especially :)

 

2 hours ago, Fabia130vRS said:

Nice and niiiceeee.

I like the TA04S especially :)

I’ve always wanted one. ❤️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now