Jump to content
backtomyroots

The "postman Brought Me" Thread

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, nowinaminute said:

Curiosity got the better of me. A £6 Quicrun 1060 clone/unbranded version. About half the price of the cheapest genuine ones.

I doubt very much that it's waterproof but if it performs the same otherwise then it might be an ok option for backup/experimenting with stuff.

eey628D.jpg

 

I got one too, used in only once so far in the HPI Jumpshot on 2s lipo,  it seems to work ok, although there is a split second pause going from reverse to immediate throttle  but for the price of it... meh!

Let me know how yours performs, maybe it's a thing they do lol ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got this very cool Porsche 356 body. This will be used on a future build, I have planned. 

IMG_20190311_222253_zps9fuulddn.jpg

IMG_20190311_222303_zpsmmxspsau.jpg

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

I got one too, used in only once so far in the HPI Jumpshot on 2s lipo,  it seems to work ok, although there is a split second pause going from reverse to immediate throttle  but for the price of it... meh!

Let me know how yours performs, maybe it's a thing they do lol ;)

Mine seems to work just like a real 1060. I had a 1060 in my Nikko Dandy Dash that I've just rebuilt so I tried it in there for comparison. It seems to work exactly the same, same brake strength etc. It coped fine with a 16T LRP motor too so it's definitely got some guts. Can't knock it for the price really! Need to get rid of that Tamiya plug though, typical current bottleneck as usual with faster motors.

Not sure about the delay I didn't notice anything unusual but that doesn't mean mine isn't doing the same necessarily. Do you have any genuine 1060s?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, nowinaminute said:

Mine seems to work just like a real 1060. I had a 1060 in my Nikko Dandy Dash that I've just rebuilt so I tried it in there for comparison. It seems to work exactly the same, same brake strength etc. It coped fine with a 16T LRP motor too so it's definitely got some guts. Can't knock it for the price really! Need to get rid of that Tamiya plug though, typical current bottleneck as usual with faster motors.

Not sure about the delay I didn't notice anything unusual but that doesn't mean mine isn't doing the same necessarily. Do you have any genuine 1060s?

My Jumpshot has the mighty Firebolt 15t motor giving it the delay, I do have genuine 1060's somewhere, glad yours works fine, I paid £8-9 from two different sellers a few weeks back so £6 is top trumps ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

My Jumpshot has the mighty Firebolt 15t motor giving it the delay, I do have genuine 1060's somewhere, glad yours works fine, I paid £8-9 from two different sellers a few weeks back so £6 is top trumps ;)

I thought the delay might be a deliberate feature to stop the the gears being mashed up when you jam the throttle from forward to reverse etc? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been a mixed week for deliveries, a couple of delayed Amazon parcels, a delayed until sometime phone but parts for the M-07 have turned up over the last few days. This includes all the hop-ups plus a couple of body shells and some paint. There was also a few other bits; shims, tyre glue, masking tape, balance lead extension, thread forming tap, cable ties and a parts box to organise all the spare  screws and other bits. 

All I'm waiting for now is the kit, maybe at the end of this week or beginning of next week....right time to hide this lot! :D

M07 Bits

 

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

I thought the delay might be a deliberate feature to stop the the gears being mashed up when you jam the throttle from forward to reverse etc? 

Yeah it's actually having that effect, although it's not supposed to but quite welcomed none the less ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Recieved a new touring car for bashing purposes. As my TA05IFS sold last month, the first decision was to buy a M chassis 58444 Abart body set, but money got out of hand and so I was left without a touring tamiya vehicle for weekend bashes with my few 1:10 club members...

this was something I always have looked away when browsing rc web shops.

this for a good Tamiyaclub member price was too tempting to look away.

now I own a FF03. :D Thank you @Butler, this is a Tamiya experience I can now sign off my bucket list. 

I have a Tamiya TBLE01 combo with a 8T Tamiya TBLM01 motor I will use in this FF03. I dont know the spur yet, and Butler included a large pinion hopefully 48P. 

Either way I wanted to use a Associated lightweighth 32T 48P pinion, and a 84T 48P spur.

On 2s.

could it beat a heavy aluminium loaded TB04? :D

 

117tr0j.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2019-03-12_11-58-012019-03-12_12-29-48

Today's arrivals. The body shell and wing are to go on my refreshed TT-01 and the motor mount is for my MF-01X which was built with the stock plastic mount originally.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Fabia130vRS said:

now I own a FF03. :D Thank you @Butler, this is a Tamiya experience I can now sign off my bucket list. 

I have a Tamiya TBLE01 combo with a 8T Tamiya TBLM01 motor I will use in this FF03. I dont know the spur yet, and Butler included a large pinion hopefully 48P. 

Either way I wanted to use a Associated lightweighth 32T 48P pinion, and a 84T 48P spur.

On 2s.

could it beat a heavy aluminium loaded TB04? :D

 

 

I think I used 48P gears. You can go pretty tall on the gearing with these. Also If you use on a wide open track, you might want to try a rear wing as they oversteer unless you can get the rear tyres warm. My other FF03 (Sold to Hairyjon313) worked well with a home made wing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fabia130vRS said:

On 2s could it beat a heavy aluminium loaded TB04? :D

117tr0j.jpg

In my experience, yes it can. As long as the course isn't too tight and technical, the more efficient drivetrain and lighter weight will offset the lack of 4WD.

I find my laptimes with my FF-03 and TB-03 are virtually on a par.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Urethane damper bushings and a 37t ball diff pulley for a DB01 that I'm rebuilding and a sprue of E parts for a Manta Ray that is also getting a new lease of life, slowly but surely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My WW2 headlamps arrived today from Badcrumble.

Thank you, utterly delighted 😀

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice little haul today. A very nice priced DF02 Universal set for the rear of my Thunder Dragon from a Japanese ebay vendor. 4mm ball connectors to try and rig up a front anti roll bar to the Thunder Dragon TRF suspension arms, from Lord Tony of Tamiya Parts. Finally a humungous 550 motor from a forum member which will hopefully lug my SCT about a bit more effectively. If I can figure out gearing. Its 7.5t, but only 2670kv. I imagine it has gobs of torque so I can load the gearing, but not sure. Be fun finding out! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got some green stuff today. 

IMG_20190312_211151_zpsilfctjfo.jpg

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More goodies, TRF dampers retainers to finish off my mini dampers, SRB front bumper from RCChannel, & a very rough but interesting Clod project!

40401772163_e08793b9f9_b.jpg

Just had another few deliveries turn up! 

A rather battered but salvageable SRB Ranger Body, an immaculate but dusty vintage shelf queen Clod chassis, & a job lot of battered shells which I’ll be stripping the decals off!

33491474798_dfd07845eb_b.jpg46644480954_0b699576e8_b.jpg

 

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, max69vk said:

More goodies, TRF dampers retainers to finish off my mini dampers, SRB front bumper from RCChannel, & a very rough but interesting Clod project!

40401772163_e08793b9f9_b.jpg

Just had another few deliveries turn up! 

A rather battered but salvageable SRB Ranger Body, an immaculate but dusty vintage shelf queen Clod chassis, & a job lot of battered shells which I’ll be stripping the decals off!

 

 

 

that "clod"looks like the previous owner striped a traxxas revo and transplanted it onto that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, topforcein said:

that "clod"looks like the previous owner striped a traxxas revo and transplanted it onto that

That’s what I was thinking too, although the guy I bought it from works for Pro Carbon Racing so I think he was trying to make his own version of the chassis using a few parts of the Traxxas parts. Either way it saved me a bit of messing about though there is still plenty to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice UPS man brought me my (hopefully) final prototype 3 gear layback transmission case and spur cover for my TRF211. More later.... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, max69vk said:

More goodies, TRF dampers retainers to finish off my mini dampers, SRB front bumper from RCChannel, & a very rough but interesting Clod project!

40401772163_e08793b9f9_b.jpg

 

What an interesting looking Clod.. are you going to get it running?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crimps and a crimping tool so I can shorten all my curly servo and esc wires!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 X steel ball connectors arrived today. Not too exciting in their own right, but this brings me one delivery closer to having all the parts I want for my TT-01 refresh. (I am replacing all the brass ball connectors with steel.)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

What an interesting looking Clod.. are you going to get it running?

I’m certainly hoping so! Having looked at it a bit better tonight it’s going to need a lot of work though as it needs extra braces, brackets to replace some bodged gluing & the poor linkage mounts, & the best bit?

I’m sure this isn’t how you widen a Clod!

47372258791_ecf3d74050_b.jpg47372258731_e819afabc8_b.jpg

Why use 1 wheel nut when you can have 5?!! 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, max69vk said:

I’m certainly hoping so! Having looked at it a bit better tonight it’s going to need a lot of work though as it needs extra braces, brackets to replace some bodged gluing & the poor linkage mounts, & the best bit?

I’m sure this isn’t how you widen a Clod!

47372258791_ecf3d74050_b.jpg47372258731_e819afabc8_b.jpg

Why use 1 wheel nut when you can have 5?!! 

Awesome home bodging... looks like it might've worked too!

Good luck with it I'll keep an eye out for progress ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...