Jump to content
backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Recommended Posts

On 7/21/2019 at 11:37 AM, jupitertwo said:

Oh, that’s my bad grammar, sorry. The wheels are for the MF01x. The shims are for other projects.

The wheels look tiny in comparison to the Jimny default ones!

They look smaller than the ones on the VW Beetle MF01X too, but apparently they’re the same size!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was delivered by courier, so not strictly the postman....

I found this little gem on ebay. I really didnt think i was going to win it for the price i got it for, so super happy.

The chassis has been assembled and run perhaps once or twice, but the hard body has never been finished, the decals are still new and the driver is only partially painted. Although the clear lexan shell has been cut round the base, it has not has the label removed and it remains unpainted. There is a bag of spares, the original 6v battery is still in it, and the manual and other pamphlets are there. The box is super clean too.

I will get around to finishing this soon.

DSC_5338.JPG

DSC_5339.JPG

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2019 at 10:11 PM, jupitertwo said:

Some lovely hop ups for mx XV-01, and a sobering customs duty notice. 

7178-DE23-2-B27-44-DD-9-C5-D-5501-FD9-DD

Im sending my sympathies... ive been stung by customs a few times when buying from overseas..They even charge import tax on the postage! Daylight robbery...

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some nice Ford wheels for my RS200 

D3CE5019-6749-4F6D-80F6-86B38D178BDF.jpg

I might have bought two packs by accident...

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Part one of an order from Modelsport...

two nice Alturn servoes for my scratch build and some  wheelnuts to get my TL01 Bowler running again.

13AFA6A3-D3E1-46A7-B601-FFDA5F8E446B.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/22/2019 at 7:29 PM, junkmunki said:

Im sending my sympathies... ive been stung by customs a few times when buying from overseas..They even charge import tax on the postage! Daylight robbery...

I bought a set of bearings for a dynahead from the states. Nice bearings but big price due HMRC etc:angry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably a bit boring for most! 

But I've been after these for years 🎉

1564072919736-774899517.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4HGOWQS.jpg

Delivery from RC Mart

- M series rims, motor mounting screws and aluminium drive shaft for the MF01X

- Yeah Racing turn buckle spanner

- Yeah Racing and 3 Racing anti-wear grease (thought I’d try a couple of brands out, they’re cheap enough!), and some Tamiya thread lock

- Body protectors

- Servo horn (will be used on XV01)

- Tyre glue (not pictured)

- Spare e clips!

- Low friction ball connectors

- Parts tray

I wanted the motor mount for the MF01X but they’re out of stock. Stripping it down for prep of brushless motor upgrade next month. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Couple of steel pinions today.  At least I hope they're steel.  I just saw the RW Racing name and didn't think to ask.  One for the current CR01 build and one for the MF01X.

qjMSWUc.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Came back home today to find out a non-labeled big box waiting for me. So with a smile on my face I proceeded to open it and what did I find!? Oh, surprise, surprise... :wub:

C6yujMD.jpg

Some BIG BEAR comes out to attack me!!! :lol:

thIyZeS.jpg

Nice little thing this is. THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH @mtbkym01 !!!! I am loving it and rest assured I am going to go through with this one to look more than nice in some time. Plus, it comes to me in complex times so for sure it is going to provide me nice moments to make life easier. Thank you again Kym. :)

Oh, and not only that... Thanks also for the missing decal to complete my vintage Frog buggy!

Nz8q7os.jpg

 

You all have a fantastic Friday! :)

  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question: What do you do when you have parts on back order and can’t progress with a project?

439CAD6B-938B-43D4-A264-9D8097DDDF27.jpg

Answer: Buy more parts for other projects!!!!

This haul will be split across six ongoing projects - scratch build, Brat chassis restoration, TL01 pick-up, TB01 RS200, HPI Mini Recon and M03 Mini or M04 BMW 2002 - and I’ll be waiting on another set of dampers for the M03/M04.

Will I ever finish anything???!!!!!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, mongoose1983 said:

Come back home today to find out a non-labeled big box waiting for me. So with a smile on my face I proceeded to open it and what did I find!? Oh, surprise, surprise... :wub:

C6yujMD.jpg

Some BIG BEAR comes out to attack me!!! :lol:

thIyZeS.jpg

Nice little thing this is. THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH @mtbkym01 !!!! I am loving it and rest assured I am going to go through with this one to look more than nice in some time. Plus, it comes to me in complex times so for sure it is going to provide me nice moments to make life easier. Thank you again Kym. :)

Oh, and not only that... Thanks also for the missing decal to complete my vintage Frog buggy!

Nz8q7os.jpg

 

You all have a fantastic Friday! :)

I’m so happy it finally got there Erich, it’s pretty rough so I look forward to what you can make of it in time. Also glad the decal is of use, and there’s a bumper in there too from a Wild One I think, but may come in use for something else at some time. Enjoy it mate

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, mongoose1983 said:

Come back home today to find out a non-labeled big box waiting for me. So with a smile on my face I proceeded to open it and what did I find!? Oh, surprise, surprise... :wub:

C6yujMD.jpg

Some BIG BEAR comes out to attack me!!! :lol:

thIyZeS.jpg

Nice little thing this is. THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH @mtbkym01 !!!! I am loving it and rest assured I am going to go through with this one to look more than nice in some time. Plus, it comes to me in complex times so for sure it is going to provide me nice moments to make life easier. Thank you again Kym. :)

Oh, and not only that... Thanks also for the missing decal to complete my vintage Frog buggy!

Nz8q7os.jpg

 

You all have a fantastic Friday! :)

Congratulations, I know you've been wanting one of these for awhile!!! I need to get to work on my Big Bear, the chassis has been back together for a long while, time for body work.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, spankrjs said:

Congratulations, I know you've been wanting one of these for awhile!!! I need to get to work on my Big Bear, the chassis has been back together for a long while, time for body work.

Thanks, and YES I'm beside myself as it seemed pretty difficult to find a decent BIG BEAR to restore. Super happy now! :)

6 hours ago, mtbkym01 said:

I’m so happy it finally got there Erich, it’s pretty rough so I look forward to what you can make of it in time. Also glad the decal is of use, and there’s a bumper in there too from a Wild One I think, but may come in use for something else at some time. Enjoy it mate

I absolutely love projects like these Kym. It sure is nice to find a like-new body, but these old, worn ones when properly treated are much better in the end as they're a challenge. Every step of the process is something to enjoy. I particularly love that kind of work. :D

Oh, and definitely! It's there in the pictures. The bumper will go to this one, my Hornet #2. Now don't let the picture fool you mate, this is a Hornet chassis that I built with original 1984 unused parts a couple of years ago, it's just that this one's the only bodyshell I found. I would like to find a Grasshopper body for this one someday (or maybe Hornet but in better shape of course). :rolleyes:

93LHSk6.jpg

You all have a good weekend! :) 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, speedy_w_beans said:

This little beauty showed up today... B)

IMG_4101.JPG

are you going to do abuild. I have one of these in my sights and would be intersted, especially the body etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This :D 

N9Lkg9w.jpg

But I was even happier when it turned up in this packaging

ViNjPVM.jpg

Brothers:

WM5IUu0.jpg

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple more Tiger Stripe Escorts, another 911 GT2 with the PIAA and Taisan wings, original Linder M3 stickers with the Castrol logos, Primera, AMG and Levin wheels and Loctite R33 stickers and body set instructions:

goodies-26th-july-2019.jpg

 

Most importantly this, though:

celica-grb-body-set.jpg

After doing the 959 I'd wanted to build one of these too, and this week I got asked to do one. I'll document the process when I begin.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lots more stuff in the post, cars, chassis, parts etc. The Best Buy has to be this though which came in a job lot of WW figures, @IBIFTKH does the date stamp make it vintage?! 😂

48421056696_58cd7fceac_b.jpg 48421054281_172a0907e0_b.jpg 48421202882_1fafe54098_b.jpg

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...