backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

16 minutes ago, novicelad said:

Thanks @taffer its just amazing

6oZhD9Wl.jpg

Nice to see it has gone to a TC home. I would have snapped it up if I hadn’t already got an FJ Cruiser NIB and a Rock Socker opened (only primed the beadlock  rings so far).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Badcrumble said:

Nice to see it has gone to a TC home. I would have snapped it up if I hadn’t already got an FJ Cruiser NIB and a Rock Socker opened (only primed the beadlock  rings so far).

It's actually for my son, he wanted a proper crawler for his birthday. So had a look around and saw this, he is going to be so happy with it. Hopefully will have my CC01 finished by then and we can take them for a walk in the trails! 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, novicelad said:

And now this just arrived, needs a good clean and rebuild but looks OK 

dsLrNYdl.jpg

You’re doing well this week! My son loves our WW2, as do I. (S)miles of fun!

• Like 1

Always wanted one....... now got one and don't know what to do with it!!!!!!! Just keep reading the instructions lol

egress.jpg

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Busdriver said:

IMG_1501.JPG.dcfb722dd80605727b596e62460adee8.JPG

This produced this

IMG_1499.JPG.78972e76cab0114623a3b22b5a34f049.JPG

which covered this

IMG_1500.JPG.994b79083cdc84dfc2098f1c04e95aaa.JPG

and here it is

.IMG_1502.JPG.e565a4d5366cfee8d583d8a6900a80b1.JPG

@Grumpy pants Wild One arrived today. One of the best wrapped packages Ive had in Years.

Pleasure doing business, even better managed to get it into the house un noticed:ph34r: room for more!!!!

I'm drooling right now... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The company I work for in my day job is flippin' awesome and gives every employee £300 every year to spend on "personal improvement", which doesn't need to be work related, so learning a new skill or improving health etc. People have bought Drones, flying lessons, musical instruments. This year I decided it was about time I got an airbrush so mine went towards this:

airbrush-and-compressor-new.jpg

Sparmax TC-620X compressor, with Iwata HP-CS with optional 0.5mm needle and nozzle parts. Awesome service from https://www.air-craft.net Also shown are Lacquer Retarder, Lacquer Thinner and XF-3 Flat Yellow that I needed. The whole lot was just over £400, so £100 odd of my own money too.

I'm aware there's a learning curve with airbrushing but I have seven weeks holiday from said company this year, and four weeks still to take, which will help with that :D 

• Like 9

was browsing for hop-ups for my old corolla TA03, ended up getting this (minus the shock oil + grease, which cannot apparently cannot be shipped out from japan). it does work out way cheaper than getting individual bits.

tjITqog.jpg

but now that i have it, i figured why not get a new shell for it instead... i think this is how people end up with too many rc's.

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, MockTurtle said:

was browsing for hop-ups for my old corolla TA03, ended up getting this (minus the shock oil + grease, which cannot apparently cannot be shipped out from japan). it does work out way cheaper than getting individual bits.

tjITqog.jpg

but now that i have it, i figured why not get a new shell for it instead... i think this is how people end up with too many rc's.

Very nice kit bud👍

I was thinking of buying one of these a few years ago but went for the R TRF instead mainly because of the wheelbase suited the body set I wanted on it and the different coloured dampers perplexed me a bit🤔

Spent the last couple of years looking for the pink servo stays from the RS TRF 🙄

• Like 1

The postie delivered a radshape bumper for my rough rider  today. This one is slightly different to the Sand scorcher one i have from them

IMG_20191002_120642.jpg

Wing mount plates for my Thundershot:

2019-10-02_07-27-54

They were so cheap that I bought 3 to justify the postage. 😁

This choice selection arrived today

F4C26A7F-CB7C-4F1E-90A9-49799ADB7261.jpg

I guess I’m on the look out for a good deal on a new Top Force now :ph34r:

any good hop ups I’m missing?

• Like 5

A couple of bits for the Clodbuster and CC-01 

Ordered from China last week here yesterday, has anyone noticed things getting here from China a bit quicker lately?

Clodbuster Body mounts looks good but might mean making holes in the body a bit bigger 

Body Mounts https://ebay.to/2pzXoPY

4 Link CC-01 https://ebay.to/2kZIIHJ

UGiran2l.jpg?1

20 minutes ago, jupitertwo said:

Interesting, I'd not considered those. I had one in my XV01 and took it out, didn't like the feel. I'll keep an eye out for a good deal on one of those.

Up to you obviously, but I didn't get on with my Top Force when it had a one way fitted. Braking force was reduced a fair amount and the car got really twitchy on tighter turns. 

• Thanks 1

Another addition to my growing bodyset collection just arrived from overseas. The box is a little bit of wear, but the contents are mint and perfect.

Its becoming hard to find sets like this for a sensible price, which is why i find even with the import taxes etc, it still cheaper to buy them overseas.

J

DSC_5440.JPG

DSC_5441.JPG

• Like 1

On 10/2/2019 at 10:06 PM, jupitertwo said:

This choice selection arrived today

F4C26A7F-CB7C-4F1E-90A9-49799ADB7261.jpg

I guess I’m on the look out for a good deal on a new Top Force now :ph34r:

any good hop ups I’m missing?

give tony a bell as i brought my re re top force of him and got a cracking deal of him and i mean less than £200

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Managed to get a good deal on these four unused chassis, including a clio body shell. Planning to get the decals from mci. 

20191004_192127.jpg

A long wait but got these cool barriers from KKtruck store. I was meant to buy some bruder construction stuff as we'll for this weekend but funds didn't allow.

HYlKEwa.jpg

• Like 3

Picked it up from my LHS rather than the Postie bringing it, but am super excited

48863443953_91361f411e_k.jpg

• Like 4