backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

18 minutes ago, yogi-bear said:

still trying to work that one out :D, where are you located? Good to know there is some interest though.

Brisbane Taringa mate, yep plenty of interest, I know a few others that would be keen as well, the clear version looks the goods.

2 hours ago, yogi-bear said:

still trying to work that one out :D, where are you located? Good to know there is some interest though.

I'm close too in NZ and would be interested in a few clear ones, probably 4...or 7

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

I'm close too in NZ and would be interested in a few clear ones, probably 4...or 7

I'm about 10,000 miles away and I'd like 26 sets😕

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OOZZEE said:

Brisbane Taringa mate, yep plenty of interest, I know a few others that would be keen as well, the clear version looks the goods.

hmm, that's not too far at all from me at all. I'm South side, work out of Loganholme.

1 hour ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

That will be my next issue, working out freight for overseas orders, Australia Post doesn't make it easy :mellow:

1 hour ago, svenb said:

I'm about 10,000 miles away and I'd like 26 sets😕

cheers, I'm working on the design being as compact as possible, to mainly reduce material waste, but it will also help with postage. Like many people here, I have a heap of cars, so I want the stand to be as cost effective as possible, so I can make a heap of them! I will at some point offer them for sale, and then comes the really hard part, working out a good price.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

seems like i have a 1/12th scale run lately.....

bo1.thumb.JPG.5a18cf3a38c0df5d6de169364e6f4a2b.JPG

this is a 1977 BoLectric from Bolink.....

bo2.JPG.21e14becbfb4d884b5ec173273badafa.JPG

bo3.JPG.10a7906ee75192616c2935a8dcc6cb59.JPG

those 1000 mAh GE Nicads were mounted.....

bo4.JPG.153d925d4c3a25568459dcb38bef1bd5.JPG

they had a little corrosion so i removed them immediately.....ok, after 42 years in a car in a box they can have a little bit of rust.....

chassis is the same as found initially on the 1971 Jerobee Comando that i found earlier this year....

je1.JPG.200d41bb6e621e71667204a6954c52f9.JPG

• Like 2

IMG_1626.JPG.b9f94697ba970fb2e24c47f9c8ac068f.JPG

My Chevy S10 stckers from MCI. As I'm doing a red bonnet rather than blue I've had all the red made black. Great servive as usual from MCI

• Like 1

Increasingly I have begun to appreciate that with RC stuff, you do tend to get [the quality] what you pay for - and certainly my Vanquish Method Roost wheels I fitted to the SRB Cage Racer for example, are beautifully detailed and finished:

i-hdKqcMn-XL.jpg

But then they should be - they are $60 a pair, and that is without hubs (another $15-19 a pair for Vanquish SLW hubs), then if you want scale acorn wheel nuts, that's another $10 or so from Locked Up RC. So essentially $160 for a set of four.

Furthermore, if you buy any of the Vanquish external bead-lock wheels (which are also beautifully machined and anodised) they come as standard with socket head bead-lock bolts for the rings, rather than pukka hex ones - so once again you're looking at another +$6 per wheel to replace those with some scale hardware...

Having been impressed with a set (of 4) 'made in China' bead-lock wheels and tyres I bought from a US seller for the Rocker 3 project recently; when I saw these similar ones [wheels only] for $32 shipped, I thought I'd also give them a go:

i-F2qZNLF-XL.jpg

I have to say, I'm pretty impressed! Yes the gold anodising is rather bright perhaps - but that will most likely fade with use and/or can always be stripped off with oven cleaner if I want raw alloy or to paint them... and actually, once a tyre is mounted, they look even nicer!

i-T4ndw4f-XL.jpg

The already come with proper M2 hex bolts around the bead-lock rim, and once you add a little scale hardware (acorn nuts and a centre hubcap), plus a disc brake hex hub - and these actually look far more expensive than they were!

i-7pCrx3n-XL.jpg

Ultimately the set of four of these cost me the same as a single Vanquish wheel would have done!!! - that is not to say the Vanquish wheels are not still appreciably 'better' of course, but are they four times as good? Hmmmmmm.

I'm about to embark on a new project, and I think these will be exactly what I wanted for the style of vehicle I have in mind...

Jenny x

• Like 4

2 hours ago, JennyMo said:

Increasingly I have begun to appreciate that with RC stuff, you do tend to get [the quality] what you pay for - and certainly my Vanquish Method Roost wheels I fitted to the SRB Cage Racer for example, are beautifully detailed and finished:

i-hdKqcMn-XL.jpg

But then they should be - they are $60 a pair, and that is without hubs (another $15-19 a pair for Vanquish SLW hubs), then if you want scale acorn wheel nuts, that's another $10 or so from Locked Up RC. So essentially $160 for a set of four.

They are very nice rims, I could see them on my Land Freeder

17 hours ago, yogi-bear said:

They are very nice rims, I could see them on my Land Freeder

Thanks Yogi - yes, they are one of my favourite designs from Vanquish - less in your face than some of the external bead-lock ring style... however, this version [a licensed copy of] the Method Roost wheels - seem to no longer be available, unless you can find a store/seller that still has some in stock.

They look really nice in the black anodised finish too.

Jx

Have been trying to do as much xmas/b'day shopping on ebay as I can. 

Today a TT02B Plasma Edge Metallic edition turned up for my son's birthday. Already have bearings and soon will some diff and prop shaft upgrades to add to it. It will be his first RC build, so far he is better at driving and breaking them versus build/repair....

On 11/20/2019 at 9:09 PM, Superluminal said:

Hermes delivered this....when they said they would!!!! A pre christmas miracle

Resized_20191120_210521_4022.jpeg

So it wasn't launched over ya back gate or left at ya front door and looking at the box it hasn't been used for parcel football.........result!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, moffman said:

So it wasn't launched over ya back gate or left at ya front door and looking at the box it hasn't been used for parcel football.........result!

No! I wised up and selected click and collect at checkout on ebay and had it delivered to my local sainsburys as i knew i would be at work and be at Hermes mercy otherwise

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Superluminal said:

No! I wised up and selected click and collect at checkout on ebay and had it delivered to my local sainsburys as i knew i would be at work and be at Hermes mercy otherwise

A few years ago (when they discontinued for a short while) I hunted down probably the last buggy champ at the time Hermes delivered it and I think they had a javelin throwing competition in the distribution depot and used my buggy champ as the target because it had a perfect round hole all the way through it body and all.......to say I was angry was an understatement:angry:!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Two of the just re-released 1/12 934 static kits from Fusion, then from Tamico -  Audi A4 STW body without holes (yay!), 190E body, rally cockpits, RHD cockpit, 911 GT3 light buckets and the black bits in the bottom right are the parts from the TamTechGear Black 934 that allows the static kit bodies to fit the RC chassis. Tamiya LP and AK Extreme metal paints, Decal (not sticker!) scissors, glue and Micro Set/Sol from eModels.

goodies-22nd-nov-2019.jpg

• Like 2

A pair of Sand Paws for my Blitzer Beetle.

Just need to pick up a spare set of rims as and when they reappear on eBay. 

I was Mr Postman today. Went for a drive to pick up my latest ebay win.

F201, DF03RA and TT01, plus 2 extra bodies. One of the bodies has a Tamiya light kit in it, so was pretty happy with that. I've been thinking of an F201 for a while and this deal worked out pretty well.

All 3 cars have been lightly used, all have bearings and got a 2.4Ghz transmitter/receiver I wasn't expecting. All the pics had AM receivers. The TT01 has a few tamiya blue bling upgrades I didn't expect too.

Have already given the DF03RA the once over, put in a brushless motor and been taken for a quick run as the sun was setting.

The F201 will get the same treatment tomorrow.

• Like 3

Big bore dampers for the front of my Zahhak, already had a rear seat so less to sneak passed the boss!

20191127_173250.thumb.jpg.5b8222a6c38ffce8b8779c04aaaeeaa9.jpg

• Like 2

Got myself a original nib Scorcher body for a pretty good price because it was missing the stickers. Good thing I bought a bunch of original stickers this summer including original Sand Scorcher/ Rough Rider. C39902C7-5734-4953-B167-2D36E5318F51.thumb.jpeg.e740c6010d2fa70e5d7c87ffe1bf363c.jpeg

D61B2D8A-6DBB-4F0B-9E7E-96CF97C75A15.jpeg

• Thanks 1

New servo for the XV01.  I probably won't have time to drive it this weekend but I'll at least try to get the servo installed.  The wires are a lot shorter than I expected.  Fingers crossed it actually reaches the receiver.

XZ0jxsu.jpg

• Like 1

Postie dropped this off! Can't say I was pleased with the condition:unsure: it just arrived in a plastic bag no protection on the Ebay photos it definitely wasn't this box or the sponge tyres (they are actually mouldy) and in the photos the two glue tubes and wheel nuts are in the photos but nothing in this tatty box!......do I give him rubbish feedback? He has massive feedbacks well over 12000 and he's 100% and the biggest bummer is he's very well known:( I probably won't leave negative feedback won't leave any feedback just makes me sad that he thinks you wouldn't notice after all he must realise it's got a very good chance it's going to a collector and it was the box I was mainly after! It's to go on a little display with my original+re release super champ/fighting buggy with ball diff and black motor endurance and few extra hop-ups, oh well I'll put it down experience again:rolleyes:

20191127_215026.jpg

moffman if the item is not as described you need to contact the seller and give them the opportunity to make it right. It may be an honest mistake and if not I'd be sending it back or asking for a partial refund.

Some advice I received one day that can be used in lots of situations "you'll get the treatment you tolerate". If you don't let them know and it was a truly dodgy experience they will keep on doing it till someone calls them out.

• Like 1

Fedex guy just dropped this box off...

(insert choir of angels noise here)

20191129_085739

Sadly, that's as far as I can go today... I have to wait and put it under the tree and wait for Christmas. I promised...

• Like 6

Your address is visible in that first pic - I might fly over, hide in a tree and spy on you building your Optima. And then when you shower as well, obviously.

• Haha 1