backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

After wrestling with fully superglued but rubbish tamiya radials, i admitted defeat. Today the Schumacher SST rally tyres arrived for my 306 to fit onto my 7 spoke Sorex wheels. Hopefully they stick to the floor! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, markbt73 said:

Fedex guy just dropped this box off...

(insert choir of angels noise here)

20191129_085739

Sadly, that's as far as I can go today... I have to wait and put it under the tree and wait for Christmas. I promised...

Oh so nice:wub: ! I'll give you a little tease to what a built one will look like........role on xmas!

20190713_203715.jpg

• Like 3

Always wanted a W1. So I hit it ... . Liked the color scheme. And runs on a technigold motor with Avante Rear shocks ... 😁

1575140131893844650147625670124.jpg

• Like 4

Losi mini t 2.0 came today. Looks and drives nice for its size. Brushed motor is a little slow and people are complaining about the arms breaking easily. 

960A0590-CDE2-4C10-88DD-94C2EA7BE0FF.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dave.723 said:

Always wanted a W1. So I hit it ... . Liked the color scheme. And runs on a technigold motor with Avante Rear shocks ... 😁

1575140131893844650147625670124.jpg

The front shocks look like avante aswell?with a gold shock collar 

11 hours ago, moffman said:

The front shocks look like avante aswell?with a gold shock collar 

those are not avante they have been painted to fit the rear shocks. I think those are the stock ones. and it is a rere. with a technigold motor. interesting. :-)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dave.723 said:

those are not avante they have been painted to fit the rear shocks. I think those are the stock ones. and it is a rere. with a technigold motor. interesting. :-)

Oh ok still looks good though my avante re-re has a technigold that I've had since the 80's in it! Not in mint condition but still looks the part!

20180707_144253.jpg

• Like 2

Some TT01 front and rear stabiliser bars with a nice blue clamping block to experiment with.

Turns out they are not compatible with the TT01-E which I have. Boooooooo

• Like 1

A few bits to move my trail truck build on

8B1BFA4B-5D90-4728-8182-DF0B5C2531DD.jpg

... with a few bits that will hopefully come in handy in the future on other projects.

Santa came a little early. The servo is going back as I ordered the black edition and the program box is also going to be changed.

20191204_172610.jpg

• Like 2

Draper vacuum suction base vice for when I need 3 hands, and a garmin for my mtb, but also so I can try some speed runs in the summer I hope.

image.jpg

• Like 1

Herbies here. My Rally Beetle has arrived from Tamico along with a few bits. I've had a set of Herbie stickers for ages, now I can use themIMG_1641.JPG.58e3a980212a3334ce153e13cfd7105e.JPG

I ordered a set of bearings with it. Went with carson ones but there may be an issue

IMG_1642.JPG.b35c6099900ef76abefb7404a7407dc8.JPG

In the instructions it mentions flanged 850 bearings? Unless I'm mistaken theres nothing like that in the packet. Are they essential or can I adapt normal 850's. If not wheres the best place to get 2 850 flanged bearings from?

• Like 5

Should have gone there in the first place. There set is about the same price but def has the flanged bearing in it. May just put the Carsonbset in the spares box(always need a bearing) and just buy a complete set from rcbearings. How else would an 850 bearing be described. When I search for it on their site nothing comes up. Seem to use 3 sets of numbers to identify their individual bearings?

This little thing turned up. :D

Cheers taffer.

spacer.png

• Like 2

... Dyna Storm fiber parts and trees I sent to a fella. But they delivert it back to me and not to him! Had some shipping issues by now buit this was new to me. :lol:

4 hours ago, Busdriver said:

Should have gone there in the first place. There set is about the same price but def has the flanged bearing in it. May just put the Carsonbset in the spares box(always need a bearing) and just buy a complete set from rcbearings. How else would an 850 bearing be described. When I search for it on their site nothing comes up. Seem to use 3 sets of numbers to identify their individual bearings?

Sorry, I have struck out. I can find the individual 850s but not the flanged version. Drop them an email and hopefully they will be able to help.

Or, as you suggested, get a whole set and keep the Carsons for spares.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Busdriver said:

In the instructions it mentions flanged 850 bearings? Unless I'm mistaken theres nothing like that in the packet. Are they essential or can I adapt normal 850's.

The flanged 850s are used on the driveshaft and the flanges hold the bearing in place.  I'd think using the plastic B2 washer with the standard 850 bearings would work fine until you get replacements since there's only an 850 plastic bushing stock anyway.

RTnCuQd.jpg

have ordered a complete set from rcbearings. will put the others into stock. I agree @Blista , hopefully the new ones will be here by the time I get to this. Also have gone for rubber sealed to make it all a bit more water resistant

• Like 1