backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Rcmart, Tony Tamiya and the place i get stainless screws from did the business today

20191224_195629

Most of the parts i need for my upcoming TT02 Type S build, plus some reinforced A parts for my TA06 so it doesn't feel left out. 

• Like 6

Mrs Claus bought me an Evaporative Air Conditioner for my man cave (with the proviso that she doesn’t see me inside as much 😂). I guess I’ll have no excuses to not get on with projects this summer

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

A used Futaba S9351 servo that I got for $22 shipped. I have one in my Konghead and it works great. This one is going into my Midnight Pumpkin. The Protek 100ss is too fast and makes it "twitchy". I 'm working on having a lighter touch with both steering and throttle, but I still have a tendency to over do it.

Love to see a build of TRX4 (oops just realised its a RTR?)

Edited by Busdriver
spotted error

Got some beautiful Woolf race rims for my scorcher and finished them off with some knock off wheel nuts (got a black set for my super champ/fighting buggy aswell) the picture don't do them justice they are really brilliant pieces of miniature engineering 

20191228_102654.jpg

• Like 10

4 hours ago, 78Triumph said:

Another TRX-4 and some small goodies.

Ill try again. Would lve to see a build of this. Good ESC. I have two and the program card makes it so much easier. No more beeps and blinks

• Like 1

my eBay win from last week turned up, a M02 chassis with some alloy hop-ups. I couldn't see the rims in the initial listing pics and they turned out to be unused Honda S800 rims. So a good guess this chassis was for an original S800 kit. Ironically early this year I'd spent a bit of time tracking down a set of rims. I'm now tempted to track down another S800 body and then I can have a M05 version and a M02 version.

Ebay_purchase-2019_12_30_M02-1.jpg

• Like 2

Woohoo, brand new Vanquish G parts tree!

20191230-100934.jpg

Not really sure why i bought it, rare, so took the opportunity.

• Like 1

Managed to find a good Tamiya Catalogue from 1989, I was 15, it had all the ones I wanted and didn’t get. 😢

image.jpg

• Like 8

My last RC deliveries of 2019?

A servo winch for my JK Jeep

5BBC9D87-8A94-4183-8D55-6411D16DF013.jpg

Some parts bags for my ORV rebuilds

35FDDA6C-6F92-4EBD-BB43-51E518466C71.jpg

• Like 1

Cheap pre-painted shell destined for my TT02 Type S. 

20191230_155623

Took a while to arrive, but it's ace! Fully painted and graphics, wing mirrors and rear wing to fit. Only have to cut out the arches (which is a pain) and around the bottom. Need to figure out how to locate the body post holes, but i am well pleased with having a shell that just needs a bit of cutting and drilling before use. 

• Like 5

On 12/28/2019 at 4:15 AM, Busdriver said:

Love to see a build of TRX4 (oops just realised its a RTR?)

Yeah it is, i wasn't ready to deal with a kit with all the other i have to finish. I do have plans for it however so i might start a thread for that. Maybe 78 will start a build as his a kit.
In other news i got the last bits to continue with the brat build:
49301450517_49408b9ac2_b.jpg2019-12-30_04-54-29 by David Ashe, on Flickr

• Like 3

20 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Cheap pre-painted shell destined for my TT02 Type S. 

20191230_155623

Took a while to arrive, but it's ace! Fully painted and graphics, wing mirrors and rear wing to fit. Only have to cut out the arches (which is a pain) and around the bottom. Need to figure out how to locate the body post holes, but i am well pleased with having a shell that just needs a bit of cutting and drilling before use. 

Those Niassn Skyllin shells are rather good if you can ignore the sponsor logos. My nephew has the blue version on one of his TL-01s, and it has lasted well, surviving multiple impacts with no damage so far. 

2019-12-31_09-45-14

We marked the body hole location using the paint-atop-the-body-post method. It worked well. 

• Thanks 1

Got this little beauty yesterday and the guy kindly put in extra wing set and egress black rims all ready to run batteries and all......so much for scaling back my kit buying:unsure: but then it wasn't a kit as this was built already:D

20191231_165824.jpg

• Like 10

Not strictly today but over the last couple

IMG_1697.JPG.8f974fb37058138bc03b675be93813f5.JPG

We have a Madbull, TT-02S, Sanwa receiver, bearings for both (oops TT-02S comes with bearings), programe card for Goolrc ESC, 2 x Futuba servos, Bastens Quadsteer module for Dynamog and finally a set of CVA dampers courtesy of @Superluminal. Just waiting for a 13.5t sensored motor on a slow boat from the far east. Happy days:D

• Like 5

Postie dropped this off while I was having my breakfast just before I went to work! It needed a signature 👍to the postie as opposed to what the courier did the other week with my Christmas gift to the wife dumped it on the doorstep and signed for it himself:angry: its super clod buster F parts for my egress (no guess what part of the sprue I'm going to use) 

20200104_135428.jpg

• Like 1

My mate the postman has been back again. Technically this arrived on new years eve in 2019, but as i wasn't in to sign for it, it was taken to the local sorting office which closed early, so i only got to collect it today.

It is absolutely mint, there is not a mark on the chassis, and the original rubber balloon over the MSC has done that melting thing from age... Unfortunately, it didn't come with a body, so i am on the hunt for one.

J

DSC_5624.JPG

DSC_5626.JPG

DSC_5628.JPG

• Like 9

my latest arrival sucks big time, that's because its a new 10 CFM vacuum pump. Plus a few days before I bought some lengths of 30 mm RHS steel tubing, a couple of metres of 25 mm RHS steel tubing and some flat bar. and yes, all RC related :D

pic of vacuum pump.

10-CFM-vacuum-pump-1.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Finally pulled the trigger on an optima carbon radio tray since i had about $12 in ebay bucks. 2FAC6CBE-7BD8-458F-AC77-28975ABEE79B.thumb.jpeg.89af2a131673d19ae0193a3f818b54cb.jpeg