backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

New tool box to keep my work station clear

92F928EE-C1FC-4B49-9F80-FE5694691FE9.jpeg

• Like 3

New servos arrived. Savox 1258TG and 1256TG. They are as new, the price for both delivered was the new price of 1. I only want 1 and have onsold the 1256TG already. The 1258TG will go in my Ae B6D which frees up the 1251MG for my Top Force

• Like 2

Got a pleasant surprise when I got home. A parcel that the tracking said was in Hong Kong was actually in my kitchen

IMG_1742.JPG.7bcc5cdfbd5580522b8d14e3a4b9bb38.JPG

This is it and this is what it contained

IMG_1744.JPG.1d9fa2de3248185befe5913ee5ae4fd4.JPG

• Like 8

Does anyone else ever keep continually buying pieces in the hope that they will fit only to end up with a box of pointless spares and broke?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

The postman just brought me these? I am really impressed with them. Reproduction tires for my original (SWB) Wild Willy. Very pleased with these.

20200128_162104.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Well today I got something I never expected to get: Tamiya's Gb01 Aeration Oil Filled Dampers. I was researching parts for the TamTech series and came across these on the TamiyaUSA site. I thought it had to be a mistake, so I ordered, thinking I would get an email within a day or so telling me that it was a mistake. Nope. I grossly overpaid for them, mostly because I was thinking they had just made a mistake on their site. I have 5 TT gear cars, all in their boxes and only one run on the ground (the GB03 Hotshot). the Hornet, Fox, Frog and the the Buggy Champ. Which one deserves these dampers? 

IMG_8007 2.HEIC

Some alloy wing mounts that will let me fit a re-re wing on a re-re Javelin cage on an original chassis that I plan to build up sometime.

49458282313_3ee0351f47_k.jpg

• Like 3

Screws & nuts arrived for my WO wheels, complete with a “Thanks for your business” card. Nice touch 👍🏻

ED554AC8-F2CB-4F22-B337-654572144EEC.md.

• Like 2

My first unnecessary hop-up for my M05-RA arrived today - don’t think I really need a reinforced gear set for a torque tuned motor but... hop-ups :D

574E661C-1009-4958-A830-9341BF58B744.jpg

14 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

My first unnecessary hop-up for my M05-RA arrived today - don’t think I really need a reinforced gear set for a torque tuned motor but... hop-ups :D

574E661C-1009-4958-A830-9341BF58B744.jpg

Hop up addict! 

Get help quick

9 minutes ago, svenb said:

Hop up addict! 

Get help quick

It’s too late for me...save yourselves...

This one is going to get just about everything I can throw at it.

I’ll continue to stock up over the next few weeks, try and finish my trail truck (if my servo horn ever arrived) and then do a build thread.

• Haha 1

The first isn't rc related bit seeing the sound on mobile devices is useless I deceided to go back to the old school way and bought a Walkman of eBay.

Apart from a good clean and a service its sounds 100% better and louder than a phone 

The second is a set of fender Flair's for my bruiser as the ones i already have on need to be changed due to another tamiya paint reaction.

IMG_20200130_141923.jpg

IMG_20200130_142005.jpg

• Like 7

very happy with these :D

I have some damaged bodies of both, so I will at some point cast new parts from these originals.

The last pic is of 2 12V solenoids for the vac former, the initial ones I'd bought were too restrictive.

58030_Honda_F2-1.jpg

58018_Ralt-RT2-Hart-420R-1.jpg

12V-Solenoid-1.jpg

• Like 8

I've always liked the Bowler Wildcat so I ordered a Kamtec lexan version. Would have prefered using an abs one but measuring/judging mounting holes and cutting out windows was too much hassle. The original plan was to use it as a supplementary body for my XV01-T with some large offset wheels. This however has changed. I have a Sandshaker (TT02-T), its a good little truck but the body is a little uninspiring. Realised that the TT02 as built and the XV01 both share 257mm wheelbase so it should fit. Bingo it does just need to sort out new body posts. May do a bulk order as I need some for my Camaro on TT02-S, and will also eventually get the Tamiya Mustang body. All probably need different lenghts albeit with the same spacing. May try and devise a quick change version, I hate having long posts sticking out of bodies, I think it spoils the look (IMHO of courseB))

Here it is sitting on the TT02-T chassis. Might not need wider offset, may just get aaway with thicker Hex's.

IMG_1753.JPG.af6400236374ff25e7830b8625faf374.JPG

• Like 2

4 hours ago, geniusanthony said:

New box art and the wheels are black chrome

Wait, seriously?  Black chrome wheels?!

The postie gods conspired against me today and my wife was home while I took my son to his swimming lesson.  A courier arrived, I guessed one parcel correctly which she knew about, and then she said there were 2 :unsure: Made some vague reference to a cooling fan or something since I have a bunch of small orders on their way, then made an excuse to leave and check and it was my Top Force body.  That box is reasonably big, and that was ordered after a few wines and she didn't know about it.  But I think I got away with it.  BUT it has highlighted that 2 deliveries just came, and there are more on their way.

The problem is on Friday night (at 9.38pm apparently, when there was cricket on, you can see where this is going) I ordered a Super Astute, and not just the body but the whole kit (was a killer price 25% off, and lets face it I was going to end up with one at some point, or be sad when they sell out and then moan about it for 2 years).  The Super Astute is on its way now, I really hope I get that one and she doesn't.

I really need to change my name on this forum, anyone know how?  At least I could pretend then that she can't just come on and see what I've been upto.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4