backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

8 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

A few clubs here are talking about doing that. I have a VRC adaptor and have tried the game before getting my adaptor but thats as far as i got. Is it good?

I've plugged it in to try it, but by the time I'd checked it, downloaded the 7000 updates (I think they've added a few bits and bobs!!) It was time for work, and I'm 12hrs until next weekend, fingers crossed I'll get a decent go then! 🤞

5 hours ago, Peter_B said:

Where did you order the adapter from?

I got this one off eBay, VRC wanted daft money for theirs. 

After buying one, I found you can build one yourself, which I think someone has done with this one,  so I've ordered the parts, and if they work, sell a few on, with proceeds going to the club. 

(The price of the parts have doubled recently though!!😬

https://kekse23.de/2017.02.22/778/diy-rc-usb-adapter-fuer-vrc-pro/?fbclid=IwAR3b1IM_mao4dkR6GVAsmCNT-tgfmXfpSa2LY98zWnfvqn_tCxCz5CFbi6Q

4 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

I've plugged it in to try it, but by the time I'd checked it, downloaded the 7000 updates (I think they've added a few bits and bobs!!) It was time for work, and I'm 12hrs until next weekend, fingers crossed I'll get a decent go then! 🤞

I got this one off eBay, VRC wanted daft money for theirs. 

After buying one, I found you can build one yourself, which I think someone has done with this one,  so I've ordered the parts, and if they work, sell a few on, with proceeds going to the club. 

(The price of the parts have doubled recently though!!😬

https://kekse23.de/2017.02.22/778/diy-rc-usb-adapter-fuer-vrc-pro/?fbclid=IwAR3b1IM_mao4dkR6GVAsmCNT-tgfmXfpSa2LY98zWnfvqn_tCxCz5CFbi6Q

My one is one a guy built and I bought off FB, about a third of the cost of the VRC one. Still reallynexpensive given I haven't used it!

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, CoolHands said:

I got a very big box

965C8182-C79B-4990-99FD-4C316661D0D1.thumb.jpeg.2a14c63187f21c349165437e442801a9.jpeg

We really need to know what's in the very big box???

11 minutes ago, CoolHands said:

😁

3CF5B4BE-9AB1-454D-8D88-ECCEBA0A67A3.jpeg.74a7c90c26c2b3e8ff6005248b8e20f1.jpeg

Superb mate! I just love the box on this:wub: like I've said before why can't tamiya do all the black or any special boxes like this and the avante?

Well small packet for me postie put it through the letter box on Friday actually (sorry posted this on the wrong topic earlier:rolleyes:)

20200329_123241.jpg

• Like 1

49704205143_9b7bbb5173_b.jpg

Meant for touching-in scratches on guns of all things. It's a mat black paint pen, good for doing window lines and touching in bumpers and things. Tip is too thick to do body lines!

49700611361_e942861010_b.jpg

Which is why I bought these as well. Although I'm less than impressed, the ink doesn't seem to want to flow on these at all :( 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ChrisRx718 said:

Which is why I bought these as well. Although I'm less than impressed, the ink doesn't seem to want to flow on these at all :(

I tend not to do body lines on bodies, especially lexan ones. Its very difficult not to over do them. Might I suggest pastels gound up and dissolved then use capillary action to fill the grooves then when almost dry wipe away excess. Dont use pure black, try and get a greyish black. Less is more. Window rubbers, tyres and tarmac generally are not black black. For static models i have a pot of black grey mix that I use or failing that tamiya nato black.

Been after these three for a while now and finally got them all in one go for a great price of £270 in total, which represents roughly a 33% saving off the full retail price. Also grabbed a spare Frog bodyset as only one of these will be a runner.

20200329_164425.jpg

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Wandy said:

Been after these three for a while now and finally got them all in one go for a great price of £270 in total, which represents roughly a 33% saving off the full retail price. Also grabbed a spare Frog bodyset as only one of these will be a runner.

20200329_164425.jpg

that one offer that could not be missed up

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ChrisRx718 said:

I tend not to do body lines on bodies, especially lexan ones. Its very difficult not to over do them. Might I suggest pastels gound up and dissolved then use capillary action to fill the grooves then when almost dry wipe away excess. Dont use pure black, try and get a greyish black. Less is more. Window rubbers, tyres and tarmac generally are not black black. For static models i have a pot of black grey mix that I use or failing that tamiya nato black.

SORRY DOUBLE POST

Edited by Busdriver
Double Post
  • Like 1

IMG_1899.JPG.f634d6f835ff35a85717e9036ca48cc3.JPG

Been toying with the idea of getting some of this. And here it is. Below is a liitle test. I used a punch to make rivet holes in one surface then placed the two peices together and put liquid in the holes. Then shone the UV light on it, and this is the result

IMG_1900.JPG.576ef0ff78c10fd42df875251372c2d0.JPG

I cannot get them apart!!!! Have bent it, twistwed it but thats how its stayed. I really see this as the ultimate solution to being able to customise Polycarbonate shells. Well impressed. This make is not the cheapest, but there are others but how good they are I cannot say. Some are pens like this others are kits with bottles and CSI torches!!!

• Like 4

a porsche  ta-03 and hop up overdrive set, suzuki jimny body and  wr-02 parts to build a complete car from all left over and spare parts I have ,  paint, servo's+ savers.

So I  have something to do in this crisis.

49716968121_901ce1c183_c.jpg

49716426903_c743043082_c.jpgI

49716966146_3045848548_c.jpg

49716968096_1241b3925f_c.jpgI

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Busdriver said:

Been toying with the idea of getting some of this. And here it is. Below is a liitle test. I used a punch to make rivet holes in one surface then placed the two peices together and put liquid in the holes. Then shone the UV light on it, and this is the result

I cannot get them apart!!!! Have bent it, twistwed it but thats how its stayed. I really see this as the ultimate solution to being able to customise Polycarbonate shells. Well impressed. This make is not the cheapest, but there are others but how good they are I cannot say. Some are pens like this others are kits with bottles and CSI torches!!!

How’s that version smell?

I bought the black/blue pen version from China and had to throw it as it was such an offensive smell.  It stank the house out and gave you that ‘wow, that’s not good for me’ smell.

Wondered if this one was bad.  

2 hours ago, Busdriver said:

I bought the black/blue pen version from China and had to throw it as it was such an offensive smell.  It stank the house out and gave you that ‘wow, that’s not good for me’ smell.

23 minutes ago, jameswrx said:

I have terrible sinusitis most of the time so couldn’t say👃

Been waiting forever for the postman to bring me some toys to play with, today finally something showed up:

49717566138_c02b381c78_b.jpg

Body mounts to allow me to put my Pajero body on my CC02 :)

• Like 1

Some M chassis parts (mainly for the body posts) for my 2 M cars (that I've not had running yet).

And a VRC Pro adapter

IsBcVudgTs06DFfFqX_5jMiMIrQw6ras3uaOcOiJ

• Like 2

On 3/30/2020 at 11:48 AM, Wandy said:

20200329_164425.jpg

Where did you get these from? Have you built them yet?