backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

17 hours ago, Nobbi1977 said:

I blame you lot for this..

eSfUt2h.jpg

Good prices at the moment for the comical range not on my list at this present time but definitely looks good!

My bits and pieces are slowly turning up daily (poor posties never been busier at the moment he was telling me! Obviously Speaking to him at the correct social distance👍)for my super astute trf build and few other projects! White spring set was the latest!

20200418_103713.jpg

On 4/6/2020 at 12:47 PM, Klausen said:

Had this one delivered today.

8DADB081-C5D8-4BAC-A2BB-25C5F3915869.jpeg

Would be interested to know what the 'CHASSIS PROTECTION COVER!' is... 

20200418_120900

Couple of things here. Firstly the Ride cut slicks arrived on these lovely cross spoke wheels yesterday. Got these to save my sorex28s for racing now that i am doing lots of street running with this. Work really nicely. Highly recommended for onroad street running. 

Secondly, a bit ahead of when i hoped to spend the money is a Bittydesign HCF race shell. I smashed up the cheapo GTR shell i was using when the servo glitched and it hit a kerb and smashed and entire section of body off. Tough they are not! So, made sense to get the shell i was eventually going to buy anyway. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, moffman said:

Good prices at the moment for the comical range not on my list at this present time but definitely looks good!

It was not on any list for me but someone posted that they had got a good deal and suddenly there are two in the post!

• Like 1

YAY! After a long delay I finally received my 1150 bearings, so my builds could continue. For the money, I highly recommend stocking-up on these if you are into Tamiya!

49784780248_b3ccd327f8_b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, martinjpayne said:

Would be interested to know what the 'CHASSIS PROTECTION COVER!' is... 

It is a Dark Impact body.

• Thanks 1

I received these today, 2 x batteries and pinions.. I'm doing basics at the moment on my FF02 and TA02..  so no fancy batteries,radio gear or motors, Yet!.20200418_152719.thumb.jpg.9a81ab6347ba94b5ac7502a68e78a536.jpg

15 minutes ago, CoolHands said:

very posh, ptfe!

I know, only 30 cents more than metal-shielded! 

I also forgot about this, albeit not the 'postman' but actually my Dad, who brought around his old car for me to 'service' and paint and finish a bodyshell he bought for it back in 2007.

Can anyone tell what the rare-ish bodyshell is? Virtual cookie to the first person to guess correctly...

49785634922_25cbf2959f_b.jpg

49784777023_ceeb84af04_b.jpg

55 minutes ago, ChrisRx718 said:

I know, only 30 cents more than metal-shielded! 

I also forgot about this, albeit not the 'postman' but actually my Dad, who brought around his old car for me to 'service' and paint and finish a bodyshell he bought for it back in 2007.

Can anyone tell what the rare-ish bodyshell is? Virtual cookie to the first person to guess correctly...

49785634922_25cbf2959f_b.jpg

49784777023_ceeb84af04_b.jpg

Alfa 156?

I'm such a moron, far too long in isolation and lockdown! The clear body you mean! Doh! 😁.. Futura could right, Alfa 156. I'll get my coat... 

• Haha 2

Lancia Delta Integrale Body. Now I just need a chassis for it

49796047283_d37c0e1d63_k.jpg

49796047388_fd724fa61b_k.jpg

• Like 2

I bought some paint which arrived today. Seems to be a bit of a UK shortage? 

So perhaps buying 2 tins of PS-5 black when I only needed 1 is seen as 'Panic Buying'?! :lol:

It was a mistake anyway, I should have bought a PS-31 smoke instead as I've just ran out :(

• Like 1

On 4/8/2020 at 10:07 PM, pesanze said:

:D

IMG_8395.JPG

So what motor are you gonna put in this?

Last piece of my lipo puzzle, I'll read up even more on how to charge / store this later before plugging my lipo in, safe to say I'm slightly concerned 😂

IMG_20200420_113500.jpg

• Like 2

In general, how are everybody's orders arriving?

I must have ordered more than 20 different things from all different shops, including the main ones and ebay and I swear there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the times when things will turn up. 

Generally, larger items have been 2 days delivery while smaller things have been anywhere between a week and a fortnight late. 

We all have to accept the reality of this current time but its just odd to me the randomness of deliveries. If everything were 2 weeks late I'd understand. 

I guess things are following whatever route they can. I've just received today one of two set of wheels, both ordered 18th March from separate HK sellers on eBay (empireRC, and rcecho-uk). The jiffy bag looks like it got an extra sticker put on it at some point as it came in to the UK from Germany. At least stuff is getting through!

IMG_4935.JPG