Jump to content
backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Recommended Posts

No, really, I could give up buying Tamiya cars, er, six-wheeled trucks, at any time. This was an impulse buy fueled by martinis and my wife saying I could buy another car if she could buy another couple of diamond paintings and tarot decks. SOLD! I particularly like the detail on the bus stop sign - 6WD bus stop only! I bought a spare body too, that is going to be used to make CATBUS! because of course you would do that. I certainly would.

IMG_1044.jpg

IMG_1045.jpg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was just delivered from Tony's Tamiya Parts

lUEAlaFdOwxPwGHo4vgvYT6Nf3RsIQa6MNDwBt5M

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found these in a hobby shop in Canada for about £6, add another tenner for post and here they are. Bought for a TA05-VDF Drift chassis kit project which I’m collecting a few parts for. These were sold at hobby shows by Tamiya back in 2006, so I was very pleased to find a set!

F9067A93-1C38-4A9C-9BE9-BF52DAFFAAAA.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, futureworks said:

Found these in a hobby shop in Canada for about £6, add another tenner for post and here they are. Bought for a TA05-VDF Drift chassis kit project which I’m collecting a few parts for. These were sold at hobby shows by Tamiya back in 2006, so I was very pleased to find a set!

F9067A93-1C38-4A9C-9BE9-BF52DAFFAAAA.jpeg

Would you like some transparent blue front and rear chassis stiffener parts too? I'm converting my TA05-R to IFS so the front one won't work on mine anymore. I'll have a look to see what other transparent blue bits I have left too if you're interested?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mr. Postman dropped this off today, one of the last kits you can find on Tower Hobbies these days...  I liked the original Team Hahn release, but I was really wowed when this body set came out!

spacer.png

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, speedy_w_beans said:

Mr. Postman dropped this off today, one of the last kits you can find on Tower Hobbies these days...  I liked the original Team Hahn release, but I was really wowed when this body set came out!

K

I was thinking seriously of ordering this kit, but ive built the M05 2CV as well as the volkswagon kharmann ghia and am not sure about the road kits. I dont seem to be motivated to not get dirty.I did The brat last night and it is fun to knock around. sorta best of both worlds.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ChrisRx718 said:

Would you like some transparent blue front and rear chassis stiffener parts too? I'm converting my TA05-R to IFS so the front one won't work on mine anymore. I'll have a look to see what other transparent blue bits I have left too if you're interested?

Thanks, def interested in other blue transparent parts, but if you mean these (pic), I’m not sure that they fit the first version VDF chassis kit that I have (84132)...?

7E9AA74F-860B-4FA2-97CC-EC2A75777BF2.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, futureworks said:

Thanks, def interested in other blue transparent parts, but if you mean these (pic), I’m not sure that they fit the first version VDF chassis kit that I have (84132)...?

 

Ah yeah, good point :lol: no chance that will fit!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Received these yesterday for my mad bull, the plan was to go lipo & brushless but after trying my lipo 2s in my daughters mad bull with an old motor I had I think brushless is a bad idea 😂

IMG-20200425-WA0000.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2020 at 1:22 PM, Jontea said:

Few bits arrived today.

 

IMG_20200211_181504.jpg

I have that same tool kit, it's been super useful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20200427_084614

A few bits to treat my FF03 to some upgrades. Had to sit in self imposed quarantine over the weekend, so this should keep me amused in the evenings this week. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This little lot:

49825584062_ef9ef39252_b.jpg

Paint is "gun smoke" - ie window tint, I realised I had ran out completely and I was ordering these parts from CML anyway. The other bits are door handles and a spare wheel carrier, plus a power cap for my receiver as recommended by @qatmix to go in my GF01 Jimny Wheelie!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/25/2020 at 2:09 PM, Peter_B said:

This was just delivered from Tony's Tamiya Parts

lUEAlaFdOwxPwGHo4vgvYT6Nf3RsIQa6MNDwBt5M

more storage space taken up at Butler Manor then..... ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A letter from parcel force charging me £22 for duty and £12 for the privilege of them writing to me to pay it ;)

Durga will be here tomorrow though 

JJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Problemchild said:

A letter from parcel force charging me £22 for duty and £12 for the privilege of them writing to me to pay it ;)

Durga will be here tomorrow though 

JJ

Just got the same on my RCMart order.  £25 plus £12.  Grr. Still, could’ve been worse. 😋

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought I’d get these past the missus.  🥺Thanks FedEx for not following the delivery instructions! - ie PUT IN GARAGE!  😡 Oh well, guess I’ll be in marriage isolation for a week... with company of course.  Now, which one first? 😋

331528B2-3EAA-424B-94F2-3C01F1AC9F57.jpeg

C76A0AC6-D0CE-4ABE-93A8-3A95B72B0BB3.jpeg

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, PaulRC10 said:

Now, which one first? 😋

Build thread on the Turbo Optima. You know it makes sense! 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grotty Otty said:

Build thread on the Turbo Optima. You know it makes sense! 😁

Ok, will do.  
My workspace is rammed with bits for the Avante 2001 restore I’m doing - awaiting rear stabiliser parts... gonna  finish some bodies, sort the 2001 and then crack open the Turbo Optima. 👍

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting that now RCMart is not using Hong Kong postal service everyone is getting charged customs etc?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

Interesting that now RCMart is not using Hong Kong postal service everyone is getting charged customs etc?

Agreed - fudging the exports docs when in China ;)

JJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got a few good kits after some understandable delays, but some of the boxes suffered.

HKS.thumb.jpg.38978ee3e4edd61dd0bb3fe018442c66.jpg

 

Tamiya-02.thumb.jpg.6f61ab1c583c380386e00636e365d04f.jpg

 

Tamiya-03.thumb.jpg.2164ca8cb93a492ceccbbd5eb2feec62.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, PaulRC10 said:

Thought I’d get these past the missus.  🥺Thanks FedEx for not following the delivery instructions! - ie PUT IN GARAGE!  😡 Oh well, guess I’ll be in marriage isolation for a week... with company of course.  Now, which one first? 😋

331528B2-3EAA-424B-94F2-3C01F1AC9F57.jpeg

C76A0AC6-D0CE-4ABE-93A8-3A95B72B0BB3.jpeg

Say they arent for you, you got them for a Tamiya forum member 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Oneball1971 said:

Say they arent for you, you got them for a Tamiya forum member 😉

So true.  But alas due to social distancing and for the safe we’ll being of that forum member I have decided to keep them and build them.  It is the just thing to do. 😋😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...