backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

When the supermarket shelves ran low on toilet paper I didn't panic buy, I knew I could improvise and use something else.

When the supermarket shelves ran low on pasta I didn't panic buy, I knew I could improvise and eat something else.

When stocks of LHD cockpit sets ran low globally I panicked and bought the last seven I could find! :D

goodies-cockpits-paint.jpg

These came from an online store in Germany I'd not used before - https://www.trade4me.de Got some paint as well as it was no extra on the delivery cost.

Also today I ticked off the top two most wanted items on my list:

supra-body-calsonic-stickers.jpg

I've had a Tom's Supra body and stickers for a couple of years now and have been searching for a wing since then with no luck. I finally gave up and bought a complete body set. Now I still have the same problem, but I also have a complete set I can build.

The Calsonic stickers are for the kit version of the Skyline R32. The body set version is more common, but is for a different year so has number 1, and no interior/driver stickers which I really wanted.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Some generic alloy dampers for my Clod build, nice soft springs too

49861598458_be16bb8708_k.jpg

eBay tracking suggested that I wouldn’t see this until June, so we’ll chuffed that they arrived today

• Like 5

I managed to intercept a big box from Tamico while the wife was telling the kids off upstairs! :lol:

No pictures of the contents because I've had to hide it until later when I'll open it! Inside there's;

TL01 arms
TL01 Universals
WR02 Completed Gearbox with Torque-tuned motor
Mazda RX-7 Body
Yokomo Toyota Supra light brackets

Yay!

Here's some pictures of my custom decals, showing just how bad the 'wrinkling' is where they have been pre-cut. I've drained the colour in a feeble attempt to make the livery less obvious:

49863459682_79a54e8542_b.jpg

Do we think those wrinkles will come out with a blast of the hairdryer? 

I messaged the eBay seller with my disappointment and he hasn't been overly helpful :( 

Kyosho javelin after I read what an enjoyable build it is. I now need to decide whether to build this, or my Tamiya Mountain Rider.

5E36B81D-A7B5-4277-A1A1-91AD56D2391B.jpeg.c640b2f5182f3b181d4a446969ce8e14.jpeg

also received some hex adapters for the scorpion so it can run modern wheels and hence rubber so I can try it indoor racing, just once for fun

27C3DEB8-9906-4F3B-8C28-C7F58BA980A4.jpeg.c1071036c70e3772faa0bd767626c0fe.jpeg

• Like 3

^ chrisrx718 maybe you should buy some of that decal ‘softener’ designed to help them become more malleable. I’m sure it would help. You soak them before applying I believe.

24 minutes ago, CoolHands said:

^ chrisrx718 maybe you should buy some of that decal ‘softener’ designed to help them become more malleable. I’m sure it would help. You soak them before applying I believe.

That's for decals for static kits (waterslide). What Chris has are stickers. People use the two terms interchangeably but it's important to know the distinction as there are a lot of decal specific products that will do nothing for stickers. See these excerpts from the manuals for the Taisan GT2 static kit and RC Kit:

decals-vs-stickers.thumb.jpg.20297a9fc1bbd8dc0da945c950e196bd.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, CoolHands said:

Kyosho javelin after I read what an enjoyable build it is. I now need to decide whether to build this, or my Tamiya Mountain Rider.

5E36B81D-A7B5-4277-A1A1-91AD56D2391B.jpeg.c640b2f5182f3b181d4a446969ce8e14.jpeg

I had a look at your showroom hoping to find some pictures of that Scorpion. I'm curious about the colors you painted the body with. Oh, and NICE purchase by the way.

• Like 1

I’m waiting for that free lockdown showroom we’re apparently getting when someone nominates us ;)

2BF89D8D-1C56-4004-861D-0EFAC895206A.jpeg.b420ce8a96ca50089d1e24841d6085c2.jpeg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, CoolHands said:

My only option now is to complete the paintwork and get the stickers on pronto, so if there are any issues I can request another set from the eBay seller. 

5 minutes ago, KalEl63 said:

1275TG arrived for my Comical Grasshopper.

6B8A4C17-9A0A-492D-93E4-1C8EE1FC737F.jpeg

A grasshopper or comical grasshopper will have never turned so fast! B)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, rwordenjr said:

A grasshopper or comical grasshopper will have never turned so fast! B)

Yeah I’ll know it’s overkill just like all the hop ups I’ve got coming for it 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, speedy_w_beans said:

Another sexy body showed up today...  :wub:

spacer.png

Yeah, I agree.....totally sexy body.

5 hours ago, speedy_w_beans said:

Another sexy body showed up today...  :wub:

spacer.png

Finally it’s arrived...  low for all he hop up to come

I’ll be waiting a while for the R31 house kart tyres To come into stock but on back order

6E2E7419-0E1A-4855-86E3-E770E1B1DA35.jpeg

• Like 4

At last! Back in the office and collected a couple of parcels that have been waiting for me.

DB45719B-3B8A-4938-8CF9-D90412075A8B.jpg

Two spacers to give my M03/M04 Minortaur a 225mm wheelbase thanks to @jonboy1 plus some more 3D printed M04 body posts for it or my BMW 2002 if I need them.

A pair of 60D rally tyres and the steering horn for my JK Jeep. These were out of stock pre-lockdown at Modelsport and arrived once I was WFH.

Work means my Bank Holiday might be cancelled but hopefully I can get moving on the trail truck soon. My M05-RA will need to wait for now.

This could be my last post in this thread for a while as there is a good chance that Mrs BC will lose her job early next month (like many others out there) so RC spending will need to scale back a bit.

• Sad 3

42 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

At last! Back in the office and collected a couple of parcels that have been waiting for me.

DB45719B-3B8A-4938-8CF9-D90412075A8B.jpg

Two spacers to give my M03/M04 Minortaur a 225mm wheelbase thanks to @jonboy1 plus some more 3D printed M04 body posts for it or my BMW 2002 if I need them.

A pair of 60D rally tyres and the steering horn for my JK Jeep. These were out of stock pre-lockdown at Modelsport and arrived once I was WFH.

Work means my Bank Holiday might be cancelled but hopefully I can get moving on the trail truck soon. My M05-RA will need to wait for now.

This could be my last post in this thread for a while as there is a good chance that Mrs BC will lose her job early next month (like many others out there) so RC spending will need to scale back a bit.

Sending you both my best wishes - hope things work out ok with Mrs. BC's job 

• Like 1

Went into hospital for surgery today and when I got back this servo was on the doorstep. A while ago my daughter smashed the spline off my lunchbox so I stole the rear servo (both S3003s) off the back of my konghead and put all the single steer parts back on. Anyway the s3003 on the front (by itself) is a little underwhelming on a 4000kv konghead, so this should be suitable upgrade 😎

Will pop it on in the morning if feeling a bit more lively!

Tf8Bcve.jpg

• Like 2

Some may know (if you’ve been keeping an eye on my project thread) that I’ve been waiting for 8 1260 bearings for my Black Clod build for over 2 weeks from just 700kms away. The seller very thankfully resent my order express post yesterday, and this time arrived the very next day

49866235812_390c6b5bf0_k.jpg

Plaig’s bearings are actually very good and he has different grades as well, I recommend Trev to anyone is Aus who is after bearings, he has every size you would ever need, and even does kit specific kits.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

Yes I’m hearing ya, I’m in the same boat, Mrs mtb has been stood down from her job so my hobby budget is very small now, I’ve been selling my Slot Car collection to fund my RC stuff (those that know me well know I despise selling stuff 😂). But I’m not complaining coz I know there are others out there who have been impacted far worse than me.

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, mtbkym01 said:

Some may know (if you’ve been keeping an eye on my project thread) that I’ve been waiting for 8 1260 bearings for my Black Clod build for over 2 weeks from just 700kms away. The seller very thankfully resent my order express post yesterday, and this time arrived the very next day

49866235812_390c6b5bf0_k.jpg

Plaig’s bearings are actually very good and he has different grades as well, I recommend Trev to anyone is Aus who is after bearings, he has every size you would ever need, and even does kit specific kits.

Used to buy a bit of stuff of Trev back in the day when I got back into RC. Nice guy and was a regular on his forum then.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jonboy1 said:

Sending you both my best wishes - hope things work out ok with Mrs. BC's job 

Thank you, I know you have been through it recently, glad it resolved positively for you. Mrs BC is between a rock and a hard place but we will weather the storm. Many of her colleagues and friends are in more precarious situations.

• Thanks 1

On 5/5/2020 at 9:09 PM, Truck Norris said:

The Calsonic stickers are for the kit version of the Skyline R32. The body set version is more common, but is for a different year so has number 1, and no interior/driver stickers which I really wanted

.....and the windscreen decal reads "Calsonic Nissan Calsonic" on the body set, whereas on the original 58135 windscreen decal it reads "Impul Calsonic Impul"

My impulsive eBay purchase of last weekend arrived. Stadium thunder although I’m not sure what the difference is with stadium Blitzer. Not really sure what I’ve got and has spares. Plan was to clean and tidy up and use with kids and not worry about bashing it. I’ll make sure it works and then take it apart and clean and grease etc. Still looking  at a couple of others too I could be going from zero to full shelf in a couple of weeks at this rate!

4762693D-5C53-4BAF-8C17-0742D103C790.jpeg

54432A3F-3A70-43F1-A74B-5D143FB1EC5E.jpeg

A3D6CF67-15FF-48E1-AD43-8A2A870C4DC3.jpeg

20919988-0322-45B2-9CA1-F457EEAC7F9C.jpeg

E89FAFFC-E6E0-4C3C-88CE-282DD804F6EA.jpeg

48F6DDB9-BFCB-454A-A02F-AC08A1266C7D.jpeg