• Like 1

1 minute ago, futureworks said:

Yup, Acto  in TA02-TRF project, Dyna in TA03R-TRF

Well played sir👍

1 minute ago, futureworks said:

TA02-TRF project

Tell us more 

4 hours ago, Seacow said:

My impulsive eBay purchase of last weekend arrived. Stadium thunder although I’m not sure what the difference is with stadium Blitzer. Not really sure what I’ve got and has spares. Plan was to clean and tidy up and use with kids and not worry about bashing it. I’ll make sure it works and then take it apart and clean and grease etc. Still looking  at a couple of others too I could be going from zero to full shelf in a couple of weeks at this rate!

4762693D-5C53-4BAF-8C17-0742D103C790.jpeg

54432A3F-3A70-43F1-A74B-5D143FB1EC5E.jpeg

A3D6CF67-15FF-48E1-AD43-8A2A870C4DC3.jpeg

20919988-0322-45B2-9CA1-F457EEAC7F9C.jpeg

E89FAFFC-E6E0-4C3C-88CE-282DD804F6EA.jpeg

48F6DDB9-BFCB-454A-A02F-AC08A1266C7D.jpeg

Tried this out and works great - tomorrow will be cleaning and tidying!  

• Like 1

Not all in one day but finally got the last of the parts I wanted for my TT-02 upgrade. Some I already had from past projects. Can't wait!

spacer.png

• Like 2

New TL01 chassis (A-parts). This is the later version with the steering servo cut out.

TL01 chassis.JPG

• Like 2

10 hours ago, howaboutme said:

Not all in one day but finally got the last of the parts I wanted for my TT-02 upgrade. Some I already had from past projects. Can't wait!

spacer.png

A sensible selection there. What shell is it going to wear?

• Like 2

Couldn’t believe the price I got on an Avante Black Special, until it arrived :huh:

49869823937_72ae14b3de_k.jpg

Only kidding, I needed 1 more kit to balance out my shelf of “Juniors”

49869517236_487a68e831_k.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

A sensible selection there. What shell is it going to wear?

Original body is the MB GT3 from the 58639 kit. But I'm thinking of buying a generic 190mm racing body for bashing so as to not destroy the GT3.

2 hours ago, howaboutme said:

Original body is the MB GT3 from the 58639 kit. But I'm thinking of buying a generic 190mm racing body for bashing so as to not destroy the GT3.

That is a lovely shell - I have one on my TT-02 for shelf display. Like you, I don't want to mess it up, so I also have a cheap generic race blob for running.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Finnsllc said:

Nothing.   Absolutely nothing. NOTHING. 

Maybe because it's a bank holiday!😉

Anyone else been waiting ages for stuff from the Far East?

I know some have had issues with rcmart.

0A0EF68B-3F00-417D-A9E2-EA0084B9AB8B.jpeg

• Sad 1

My rcmart order finally arrived which shipped on 20/3. It has the turnbuckles and pinions for the Super Astute, and somehow I ordered 2 hi torque servo savers.

I am still waiting on the dyna storm tower from fibrelyte but can do the build without that as its easy to swap shocks and tower over later

• Like 1

On 5/9/2020 at 3:31 AM, rwordenjr said:

The SHS!

B7641326-5698-4FE1-B3F4-4C3816D6508A.jpeg

Very nice. I ordered one of these yesterday - first new kit I’ve bought from a hobby shop in many years! Enjoy!

finally turned up, only took 12 days to get 5kms.

Oh, and also a dual motor ESC inside the box ready for my vintage clod buster.

Landfreeder Seite 1

• Like 2

On 5/7/2020 at 5:40 AM, ChrisRx718 said:

My only option now is to complete the paintwork and get the stickers on pronto, so if there are any issues I can request another set from the eBay seller. 

you'll be able to get an idea of the quality of the stickers if you warm them with the hair dryer first. Basically really cheap stickers, heating will do no good and may worsen them. If they are of at least a basic quality, then they should reform and flatten with a bit of heat. I use heat to fix stickers a lot when working on cars etc, and its the same material. Its only the really cheap vinyl you would have issues with when heating.

7 hours ago, yogi-bear said:

you'll be able to get an idea of the quality of the stickers if you warm them with the hair dryer first. Basically really cheap stickers, heating will do no good and may worsen them. If they are of at least a basic quality, then they should reform and flatten with a bit of heat. I use heat to fix stickers a lot when working on cars etc, and its the same material. Its only the really cheap vinyl you would have issues with when heating.

They became more malleable with heat and seem to have stuck quite well without any wrinkling left. My new concern is just how flat / matte they are in appearance and whether they have any form of UV protection. I've put the model on the shelf, right up out of the way of sunlight!!

On 5/10/2020 at 8:49 AM, futureworks said:

Plenty of threads about this (yes being the short answer to your question). Try this one: https://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/93241-rcmart-order-processing/&page=1

i ordered from rc mart just over a week ago and it arrived saturday morning, i must of got lucky! on the other hand i ordered some face masks from china 3 weeks ago and still no sign!

Glad it arrived in 1 piece, shouldn't have paid the extra for 'next day' but I had completely forgotten it was a Bank Holiday! What an idiot. 

I was very close to building it. I don't know why, but I was compelled and didn't like it sitting around un-built, so I'm glad you bought it! 

• Like 1

On 5/9/2020 at 4:57 AM, Jonathon Gillham said:

My rcmart order finally arrived which shipped on 20/3. It has the turnbuckles and pinions for the Super Astute, and somehow I ordered 2 hi torque servo savers.

I am still waiting on the dyna storm tower from fibrelyte but can do the build without that as its easy to swap shocks and tower over later

lucky you :D ,I hope that my package from rcmart arrive soon, I am waiting on a order from 23/3

• Like 1