Jump to content
backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, No Slack said:

I bought 10 850's last week for the spares box but 44 :o

Think tracks and guns!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Tamiya sport tuned came today, I was worried it was going to be the silver can and not the black one, and that's the case :(    

I also got my bumper mounts for the race Brat, and I ordered the Frog decals to get the sponsor decals for the Race Brat/Blockhead motors body.  I prefer the OEM sponsor decals over the aftermarket.

 

IMG_7186.JPG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JeffSpicoli said:

My Tamiya sport tuned came today, I was worried it was going to be the silver can and not the black one, and that's the case :(   

I've got a black can sport tuned motor that was in my Racing Fighter for 1 run before I switched to brushless. It's in the box it came in. $20 shipped if you are interested.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Biz73 said:

I've got a black can sport tuned motor that was in my Racing Fighter for 1 run before I switched to brushless. It's in the box it came in. $20 shipped if you are interested.

what's your paypal?

Chris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They brought me the wrong kit (TamiyaUSA) so it will be returned and it cost me $15.00, the kit was free shipping!!

 

thumbnail (11).jpg

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More bits for the FF-03. Taken about a month to get to the UK but all good so happy days. 

DSC_0037

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, highflyer said:

They brought me the wrong kit (TamiyaUSA) so it will be returned and it cost me $15.00, the kit was free shipping!!

 

thumbnail (11).jpg

They screw up and you have to pay return shipping?? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 days door to door from Germany, well 4 if you take out the weekend and bank Holiday. Can't complain

IMG_20200527_152421.jpg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's pretty amazing from Tamico. Shows really what an absolute shower our "Royal" Mail system is in the UK. When you compare how badly they've been affected in the last 2 months it's pitiful.

Delivery companies should be absolutely raking in profits now, with the shops closed everyone is relying on shopping online, which brings with it a necessity to deliver.

Militant, unionised ex-big-state industry vs. Free Enterprise in action! :lol:

I'm bitter because my postman brought me nothing but a bill today.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ChrisRx718 said:

That's pretty amazing from Tamico. Shows really what an absolute shower our "Royal" Mail system is in the UK. When you compare how badly they've been affected in the last 2 months it's pitiful.

Delivery companies should be absolutely raking in profits now, with the shops closed everyone is relying on shopping online, which brings with it a necessity to deliver.

Militant, unionised ex-big-state industry vs. Free Enterprise in action! :lol:

I'm bitter because my postman brought me nothing but a bill today.

Can`t beat being a grown up and folks wanting your playtime money

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ChrisRx718 said:

I'm bitter because my postman brought me nothing but a bill today.

I just wish my postman would bring me something - anything!! Haven't seen hide nor hair (wow I sound old saying that) of him for days!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bit of an unexpected evening delivery from Fusion and for the first time ever I think I have everything ready to start building 

IMG_20200527_174420.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jonboy1 said:

I just wish my postman would bring me something - anything!! Haven't seen hide nor hair (wow I sound old saying that) of him for days!!!

you should never say that as he may just bring some bad news wrapped up in a brown envolope to ruin your perfect day/week/year

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Wetman said:

7 days door to door from Germany, well 4 if you take out the weekend and bank Holiday. Can't complain

IMG_20200527_152421.jpg

We're going to need some pictures of this build. I've recently acquired a M-chassis fetish.  A 4-wheel spinning M looks fascinating.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, tamiya_1971 said:

They screw up and you have to pay return shipping?? 

Yep :angry:

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, highflyer said:

They brought me the wrong kit (TamiyaUSA) so it will be returned and it cost me $15.00, the kit was free shipping!!

 

thumbnail (11).jpg

That sucks if they made a mistake🤬 once they’ve got your money your stuffed😡

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As usual lots of unrelated bits - paints not for the kits shown, body not for that chassis and wheels not for that body!

A new respirator (not easy to get hold of at the moment, the place I got this from didn't have all the parts so I'm awaiting some filter holders from eBay), brakes from eBay, Paint from Scalemodelshop (first order, impressive service), the correct paint and mixing jars order from Redline who sent me the wrong bits the other week, and did an excellent job of rectifying things with a prepaid return - top marks!

The rest from Tamico. I'm not a huge buggy fan but the Terra Scorcher was the car my mate had as a kid when I had my King Cab, so there's strong nostalgia there. He got a replacement body and painted it black and pink. I won't be doing that. As a big TT-02 fan I had to get the latest SR. I'll transfer all the Hop-ups from my "Type-RS" Type-R/Type-S hybrid to create an "RSR".

The body is an Impreza 2004. 

The CC-01 wheels I bought purely as they have plated versions of the centres for the 911 GT2 BBS wheels. I can make use of the wheel barrels too, and will sell the tyres on.

goodies-27th-may-2020.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SupraChrgd82 said:

We're going to need some pictures of this build. I've recently acquired a M-chassis fetish.  A 4-wheel spinning M looks fascinating.

I havent photo`d each stage but she`s up to rolling stage. I`ll sort a thread with photos of where she`s at tomorrow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, highflyer said:

Yep :angry:

Jerks, I would call and raise badword. I notice screwups are rarely ever in reverse. Why couldn’t they have accidentally shipped a Bruiser?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ChrisRx718 said:

That's pretty amazing from Tamico. Shows really what an absolute shower our "Royal" Mail system is in the UK. When you compare how badly they've been affected in the last 2 months it's pitiful.

Delivery companies should be absolutely raking in profits now, with the shops closed everyone is relying on shopping online, which brings with it a necessity to deliver.

Militant, unionised ex-big-state industry vs. Free Enterprise in action! :lol:

I'm bitter because my postman brought me nothing but a bill today.

Yeah free enterprise =low pay zero hour the Amazon world of work! Havn't we learned anything in this rubbish we are in at the moment who are the important people in our society? Is it free enterprise Richard Branson's(who tried to sue the NHS because he lost out on a contract) Mike Ashley's, and that idiot that owns Wetherspoon's (who told his workforce to go and get a job in Tesco's) of this world? or the real people who are working and have been for weeks all through the lockdown???? I know who I have respect for and it isn't free enterprise! Sorry for the rant I've got a good friend (postman) who is seriously ill with this horrible virus (intensive care) and I can tell you his family are forever grateful that he was in his union because they have come up trump's with the care and support that he and they need and deserve! So "militant" probably not maybe back in the 70s? Unionised yes! And the problem with that is??? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Early delivery this morning, 3D printed parts for CW-01. From left to right:

Front strut brace x2

Wheelie bar wheels x4

Lunch box body pegs x8

Axle braces x2

Pumpkin body rear monts x4

Pumpkin body front mounts x 4

Printing by www.thirty6.co.uk models from www.thingiverse.com except the wheel one, which I need to upload there.

One note - the model for the axle brace is incorrect, it forces the slicer software to print it in two parts, they corrected the model and re-printed for me. So just be aware if you're taking models from there and getting them printed.

8fg7ar3h.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, topforcein said:

you should never say that as he may just bring some bad news wrapped up in a brown envolope to ruin your perfect day/week/year

@acprc hasn't found another sheet of decals has he???!!!! :( :P

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jonboy1 said:

@acprc hasn't found another sheet of decals has he???!!!! :( :P

Yes!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...