backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Received two packs of Demon Matched IB4200's off a mate today :)

Matt

Haul of the last couple of days:

bits01pk2.jpgbits02jl5.jpg

From bottom right corner: Original Lunch Box decals, gearbox cover and rear shock mounts for Manta Ray, chrome parts and body mounts for Lunch Box, PowerPole battery connectors, Mardave Caterham with Carbon Fibre shell, VW Golf Mk1 shell for M03, fully hopped up DF-03 on a Kamtec carbon fibre car stand, LRP V10 Spec 2 motor, two spare wings, huge amount of spares for DF-03, balloons for waterproofing receivers, M03 front steering arms (cheers Butler!), 3x AS-17 servos, blue bumper for TT-01, set of orange/yellow band crystals, Mtroniks Viper R15 ESC, Orion 2400mah LiPo, Mtroniks 3000mah NiMh.

Still waiting on: 3 x Traxxas waterproof receivers (with crystals), 5 x pairs gold plated Deans connectors, TT-01 carbon fibre upper frame, 2 x 9T EZRun motor & ESC combos and an original Clod Buster - Chevy grille and all.

It finally arrived!!

clod01lj7.jpg

clod02mc9.th.jpg clod03kp3.th.jpg clod04dz7.th.jpg clod05hb8.th.jpg

I literally *could not* be more excited. I never, ever thought I'd get to own one of these. One or two little probs to sort out, but not bad for 75 delivered, even got a spare Chevy grille with it!

Will now be spending the weekend stripping it down and rebuilding. It's going to get two powerful brushed motors, and waterproof electrics. Pretty much going to be the basher of choice I would imagine!

I received my Fox last week which I'm still excited about as its one more of my old high school RC dreams. Its had an active life but runs very well and is 100% complete. So far I've cleaned it up some, I'm about to replace the stock motor with a new sport tuned version, paint the driver, do some maintenance on the drive shafts and inspect the gearbox next.

post-27196-1234752810.jpg

• Like 1

Just out of the shipping box:

002-6.jpg

Took 2 weeks to arrive.

Nice, aren't they Uber expensive????

Look forward to seeing that built - top stuff

Got my hi lift bearings... still no hi lift yet... waiting... wild willy in a box too... :rolleyes:

My postman is fast becoming my new personal hero.

I work nights so am usually at home to receive parcels and today he brought me a little box from Hong Kong containing these....

post-25140-1235666430.jpg

This time I saved on the shipping and picked it up myself ! Sorry Postman. Local find. My second NIB Blackfoot. Excellent condition. Thanks to new member: robie. It's in good hands mate !

I feel sorry for our local postman, the amount of stuff he has to carry up to my flat...

My second ever NIB kit!: pajero02.th.jpg pajero03.th.jpg pajero04.th.jpg pajero05.th.jpg

So well packed - arrived quickly, great service from StellaModels again.

I amazed at how big this is though, I was expecting it to be about 2/3rds of the size it is. It's going to have the torquey SuperStock BZ motor, currently in the VLB, with the Mtroniks waterproof esc. Waterproof receiver and look into waterproofing connectors and motor etc.

This time I saved on the shipping and picked it up myself ! Sorry Postman. Local find. My second NIB Blackfoot. Excellent condition. Thanks to new member: robie. It's in good hands mate !

Wow excellent - are you going to build it? Why have you got two NIB Blackfoots? Why not build one and use it and keep the other NIB, or at least have a shelf queen? Im envious Id quite like a Blackfoot! Was it expensive or did you get it at a good price? :lol:

Wow excellent - are you going to build it? Why have you got two NIB Blackfoots? Why not build one and use it and keep the other NIB, or at least have a shelf queen? Im envious Id quite like a Blackfoot! Was it expensive or did you get it at a good price? :lol:

I paid what it was worth to me :) Deal ? Maybe. Anyway - one of them will be built with the SEES alloy wheels for the Shelf !

I feel sorry for our local postman, the amount of stuff he has to carry up to my flat...

My second ever NIB kit!: pajero02.th.jpg pajero03.th.jpg pajero04.th.jpg pajero05.th.jpg

So well packed - arrived quickly, great service from StellaModels again.

I amazed at how big this is though, I was expecting it to be about 2/3rds of the size it is. It's going to have the torquey SuperStock BZ motor, currently in the VLB, with the Mtroniks waterproof esc. Waterproof receiver and look into waterproofing connectors and motor etc.

Looks good have fun with her...I do agree that stella knows how to pack kits right..

Cheated with part of my purchase as i went and picked it up myself

Picked Up From Modelsport

Tamiya Lunch Box

Acoms Techniplus 40AM ( 1 servo)

GP Ultra Alkaline AA Batteries (4pk) x 2

Modelsport UK Powertech 2000 NiMh Stick Pack

Pro-Peak Delta 3 AC Charger

Humbrol Matt Grass Green Acrylic Spray & Humbrol Clear Acrylic Spray

Ansmann Racing Aluminium Damper Set 85mm x 2

Order From Ebay

Parma-PSE Flaming Skulls Decal

Tamiya Lunchbox Bearing Upgrade Hop Up

Sorry there is no pictures but i a sat a work at the moment (wonderful world of I.T) Will post some pictures of the completed model as soon as i can. Other half doesn't know about the extra bits so i will have to intercept the postman ;)

Only 1 item in the mail for me today. The driver for my Fox finally... all the way from the UK. Now to decide on a helmet colour scheme to match the bright yellow body work.

There'll be lots more arriving over the next few days, including 3 new gear bags for a DF03 that shouldn't wear out like it did ;)

1/3rd of a DF-03 gearbox rebuild.

And this little gem. (Thanks Roy). Destined to be 1:18 brushless micro 4200Kv with a few other upgrades too.

img20319_23032009064628_2.jpg

So what did you get?

1/3rd of a DF-03 gearbox rebuild.

And this little gem. (Thanks Roy). Destined to be 1:18 brushless micro 4200Kv with a few other upgrades too.

img20319_23032009064628_2.jpg

So what did you get?

maaaaaaate. that was the first rc car i ever had lol, i have it no longer. it was not in that good condition though