backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Flysky GT3C... bought off eBay, £39.99... arrived fantastically quick! 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, moffman said:

I tell you what the postie hasn't brought me lately! And that's rc racer magazine? I've had a subscription to that magazine for as long as I can remember but all their website says is they can't get it printed and the subscription page they have taken it down and that was put up on April 2nd no other information has been put up which is pretty poor especially to subscribers and the other magazines they do seem to be fine I have tried  to contact them but I've received no correspondence back! so I can only come to the conclusion that the only rc car magazine in the UK has finally bit the dust???:wacko: unless someone knows different? Very sad if it has gone because I know rc car information is instantly on line but I love a good read of a magazine that I get through the letterbox and (peaceful hour or so to myself can't beat it) also it's a record of that month in rc history which online magazines can't do! My stupid irritating cloud can't even keep photos:angry: it decides when it feels like deleting them without informing me!

I think the last issue I received was the May one.

That was after I'd received an email (or seen in FB) to say they couldn't get it printed but it would be made available digitally. I just had to email in and they replied with details of how to view it.

I never got round to looking at it online, then a couple of weeks later a printed copy dropped through the door.

Inside was a slip saying that because if COVID-19 they were suspending production for the time being and subscriptions would be extended by however long it was suspended for.

Not heard any more so presume production is still suspended.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Peter_B said:

I think the last issue I received was the May one.

That was after I'd received an email (or seen in FB) to say they couldn't get it printed but it would be made available digitally. I just had to email in and they replied with details of how to view it.

I never got round to looking at it online, then a couple of weeks later a printed copy dropped through the door.

Inside was a slip saying that because if COVID-19 they were suspending production for the time being and subscriptions would be extended by however long it was suspended for.

Not heard any more so presume production is still suspended.

Yeah that's what I got! I'm just not a fan of digital issues of magazines I generally read my magazine at work so its folded up and put in my work bag and you can't do that with a tablet or laptop (I've never tried it but I'm guessing it probably won't work)  just an email to the paying subscribers keeping them informed would be a good thing to do? It's just pretty poor IMO!

Accidentally stumbled across these and couldn't resist. Just had to get me some

20200709_103906

• Like 10

First time I ever saw some spares for my Big Boss that wouldn't cost me an arm and a leg. Just a suspension arm set, that I fortunately don't need just yet, but I just had to get it, if anything for the real kyosho cardboard thingy straight from the '80s :D

It came in today, along with the first bits of a lot of bling for my Manta Ray

20200709-183727.jpg

• Like 2

Whoops, did I order that? 😁

Bit of an impulse purchase, will go nicely next to my 4 other M-chassis cars.

Dont have tyres yet, but have a NIP Eunos Roadster body somewhere in a box that will go well on here.

CtRUIqD.jpg

• Like 11

4 hours ago, berman said:

Whoops, did I order that? 😁

Bit of an impulse purchase, will go nicely next to my 4 other M-chassis cars.

Dont have tyres yet, but have a NIP Eunos Roadster body somewhere in a box that will go well on here.

CtRUIqD.jpg

There seems to be a bit of an M chassis pandemic going on at the moment, and is becoming highly contagious 🤧😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just some stuff for my wild one build and tyres for the CB Grasshopper 

459AE4EC-1C16-4CE5-8DA8-02B69925C731.jpeg

• Like 5

All the way from our German friends, a pair of TRF 201 body shells. They should sit nicely on the inbound purchase from Hong Kong.

IMG_20200710_193624.jpg

• Like 1

Got some parts for my 58100 Top Force restauration. Hope to find some time to take it appart.

IMG_20200710_215419.jpg

• Like 3

A few bits for my Blitzer Beetle 

IMG_4491.jpg

The Turnigy servo I ordered turned up today - a good two weeks sooner than I was expecting it to.  This thing is tiny when compared to my other servos.  It's not listed as low profile but it come pretty close I think.

Acoms AS11 on left, Bluebird BMS 621 in middle, Turnigy on right.

50099985693_afe176e959_o.jpg

Turnigy in front of Bluebird servo.

50099985653_24feddf777_o.jpg

It's not what I'd call a standard size servo.  If it had come two days earlier I wouldn't have struggled to fit a Bluebird servo into a DB01 chassis.

Also, two grades of Tamiya 'finishing abrasives'.  I'm no craftsman, but after using some these (800, 1000 and 1200) to remove glue from a hard bodyshell, I was so impressed with the results, I immediately ordered  some more in other grades.  I'm still waitting for the others to arrive.

50099986623_2a6c96134c_o.jpg

Tamiya and Mr. Hobby Paint, handle and quick connect for my new airbrush, GT2 tyres, Focus wheels, TT-02 Type-S steering upgrade:

goodies-4th-july-2020.jpg

Celica and Civic stickers, Impreza wheels, 911 GT1 bodies, Mustang and CLK GTR body sets. I like how recent re-re bodies like the this CLK and the Audi A4 STW are undrilled if you buy the spare part body. It's a shame it's not the case for the GT1.

goodies-10th-july-2020.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Truck Norris said:

It's a shame it's not the case for the GT1.

I remember you saying you wanted to hold out for undrilled versions. I dont think ive seen them yet as a body parts set.

Im a bit excited to see what livery these going to have when finished.

2 hours ago, Truck Norris said:

Tamiya and Mr. Hobby Paint, handle and quick connect for my new airbrush, GT2 tyres, Focus wheels, TT-02 Type-S steering upgrade:

@Truck NorrisYou will find the TT02 Type-S steering upgrade simply amazing. The steering action is buttery smooth, and virtually no slop anywhere. Let me know what you think after you install it.

On 7/9/2020 at 5:43 AM, mman2005 said:

Accidentally stumbled across these and couldn't resist. Just had to get me some

20200709_103906

what are these for?

Some shocks for a new LB build ...

cva.jpg

• Like 1

Some blue items for the Deep Impact, some spare brushes for the BZ that's in it (funny story, the shipper labelled them as "earrings" LOL), and a few odds/ends:

Whats-App-Image-2020-07-12-at-23-16-20.j

• Like 2

Few bits for the DN01 build. Just need that to turn up, and we're good to go.

IMG_20200713_183003.jpg

One of the aspects I’ve most enjoyed about TC and the Forum in my 15 years on here  is the way members help each other out in various ways. This in a classic example, arriving in the post today and at a great price from Seidel, purchased on my behalf and sent to me in the UK by a member based in Germany. 👍

AFE7450B-0ABD-49EF-B44F-E686AB8065C6.jpeg

• Like 7