Jump to content
backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Recommended Posts

Got this lovely old thing today... wanted one forever. I got into a bit of a bidding war over it, but still did OK at $215, I think...

progress.jpg

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got tons of rc4wd scale parts, Interior pieces , shocks and skid plate for my next top secret project. Absolutely went overboard as they costs 2x as much as the vehicle with radio systems. Which I haven’t got it yet. Did some calculations if I want some bling bling aluminum parts it will cost another 3x the value of the vehicle+radio combo. Why are they so expensive..sigh 

B6C28A58-94D0-46A8-A9FA-98A2B4D1AC15.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Low profile Servo turned up today. I’ve had good experiences with Power HD most of the ads for the Savox servos coming with a glitch buster put me of those.

This ones for the M08, I was tempted to do a ghetto mod to make a standard size servo fit but thought that would be a bit chad and decided against it.

It came in a very nice box which makes it seem worth the extra coin compared to a cardboard one, and some stickers. Stickers always make it feel like you got your money’s worth as well don’t they.

8773D6D4-5C35-46A4-8111-D81256EA56AC.md.
 

9E0FA7BF-7116-4A45-A019-8ED331F1340C.md.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

Low profile Servo turned up today. I’ve had good experiences with Power HD most of the ads for the Savox servos coming with a glitch buster put me of those.

This ones for the M08, I was tempted to do a ghetto mod to make a standard size servo fit but thought that would be a bit chad and decided against it.

It came in a very nice box which makes it seem worth the extra coin compared to a cardboard one, and some stickers. Stickers always make it feel like you got your money’s worth as well don’t they.

8773D6D4-5C35-46A4-8111-D81256EA56AC.md.
 

9E0FA7BF-7116-4A45-A019-8ED331F1340C.md.

I have the same exact servo set aside for my M08 build. Great bang for buck imo.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DeadMeat666 said:

I have the same exact servo set aside for my M08 build. Great bang for buck imo.

You wouldn’t happen to know if the Black wire with the White stripe is the + or the - would you? 
It doesn’t say anywhere, I’ve hooked it all up with it as the + to try it. It works but had to reverse the direction on the Tx to get it to operate the right way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Re-Bugged, those are nice specs! Did you buy it locally? Interested, as I was thinking of getting the Savox 1251MG Black Edition but my LHS is out of stock, and the bluebird I have in my M08 I know isn't going to be fast enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got it from a NSW hobby shop on eBay. 
It turns from end to end as quick as I can turn the wheel on the Tx. 
I bought 2 other 13kg’s from them before, great seller @berman

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Powerhd-R12-Titanium-Metal-Gear-12Kg-Digital-Servo-High-Speed-Low-Profile-0-06Se/400940167736?epid=608797865&_trkparms=ispr%3D1&hash=item5d59e57238:g:m8YAAOSwJLde6VpZ

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheers! Just found a seller local to me for $80nzd 😎

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DeadMeat666 said:

My first vintage (but NIB) purchase arrived at my forwarding address, and the shipper sent the following pic which I could only describe as a teaser image. Can anyone guess what it is? I'm SUPER excited about this one, and so happy I was able to find a NIB example, considering its age:

It should be with me in 10 days or so, where I'll give everyone a better look.

I also reckon it is a Boxster.  Which M-chassis?

I wonder if those wheels are still available? And maybe a repro body? I could put one on an M04....

Enjoy your NIB, I'm really happy to have a NIB Giulia!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

I also reckon it is a Boxster.  Which M-chassis?

I wonder if those wheels are still available? And maybe a repro body? I could put one on an M04....

Enjoy your NIB, I'm really happy to have a NIB Giulia!

Correct, it's a Porsche Boxster M02L! Sadly, the wheels are very hard to find, and I don't believe a repro body exists.

Edit: here are a set of rear wheels I found for sale on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/193427466293

Still unsure if I should just keep this NIB or build it. I have a feeling that it may be sought after in a few years.

Edited by DeadMeat666
Found 2 wheels for sale and thought I'd share.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Re-Bugged said:

You wouldn’t happen to know if the Black wire with the White stripe is the + or the - would you? 
It doesn’t say anywhere, I’ve hooked it all up with it as the + to try it. It works but had to reverse the direction on the Tx to get it to operate the right way. 

Sorry no clue, as I haven't had the chance to use it yet. My first impulse would be that the white stripe would go towards the inside of the receiver (+ive) but that's just a guess.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not really RC Related,  but will definitely help with the ABS bodies and lots of other model trimming and cutting jobs. 

20200820_152612_resized.thumb.jpg.0b0cf26c24309eed804bf591bc3e7d14.jpg

20200820_152649_resized.thumb.jpg.33880ca3fe4ad1bb7376c12832ce4ece.jpg

20200820_152725_resized.thumb.jpg.cf5e2799fe1b59516f04287a95f383b7.jpg 20200820_152948_resized.thumb.jpg.f02e291cee9739351964b987106d5a69.jpg

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TC at its best today- thanks to @toyolien for responding so quickly to my WTD for some Konghead parts.

Saved me money and gets me back up and running asap,  a big thank you to Neil and I owe you a favour in return. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stuhas said:

Not really RC Related,  but will definitely help with the ABS bodies and lots of other model trimming and cutting jobs. 

20200820_152612_resized.thumb.jpg.0b0cf26c24309eed804bf591bc3e7d14.jpg

20200820_152649_resized.thumb.jpg.33880ca3fe4ad1bb7376c12832ce4ece.jpg

20200820_152725_resized.thumb.jpg.cf5e2799fe1b59516f04287a95f383b7.jpg 20200820_152948_resized.thumb.jpg.f02e291cee9739351964b987106d5a69.jpg

 

That’s NICE!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, RoosterRC said:

That’s NICE!!

  It is a lovely bit of kit.  I just thought i would treat myself lol.  Feels great in the hand and can do a lot more than you think. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stuhas said:

  It is a lovely bit of kit.  I just thought i would treat myself lol.  Feels great in the hand and can do a lot more than you think. 

Assuming you're still on about the dremel?! :lol:

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mman2005 said:

Assuming you're still on about the dremel?! :lol:

:wacko::ph34r: Saying nothing...........:D

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DeadMeat666 said:

Correct, it's a Porsche Boxster M02L! Sadly, the wheels are very hard to find, and I don't believe a repro body exists.

Edit: here are a set of rear wheels I found for sale on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/193427466293

Still unsure if I should just keep this NIB or build it. I have a feeling that it may be sought after in a few years.

hmm, might have to go old school instead

https://www.racersparadise.de/de/porsche-914-karosserie-fUer-tamiya-m-chassis-1-10-unlackiert-mit-decals--11190_415.html

I remember a TCer with one of these and I always thought it was cool.

Yours will be nicer though!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, stuhas said:

Not really RC Related,  but will definitely help with the ABS bodies and lots of other model trimming and cutting jobs. 

20200820_152612_resized.thumb.jpg.0b0cf26c24309eed804bf591bc3e7d14.jpg

20200820_152649_resized.thumb.jpg.33880ca3fe4ad1bb7376c12832ce4ece.jpg

20200820_152725_resized.thumb.jpg.cf5e2799fe1b59516f04287a95f383b7.jpg 20200820_152948_resized.thumb.jpg.f02e291cee9739351964b987106d5a69.jpg

 

I got one of them a couple of weeks back, it is a lovely thing in terms of the tool itself (excellent and flexible), all the bits and bobs (varied and handy) and the kit box (strong and well made). I’ve so far only used it for RC stuff, so your post is ENTIRELY RC related

I love it, it’s a brilliant thing. Enjoy!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/18/2020 at 4:42 PM, DeadMeat666 said:

I just received a TB04R with a matching Audi R8 LM body set in the post this morning. It was a birthday gift from a friend. I know that it sounds like something I'd tell the wife, but it's actually TRUE :lol:. I have good friends. Any advice as far as necessary hop-ups, or is it good out of the box?

Screenshot_20200818-183413.jpg

Is that a Tamiya R8 shell? I’ve got all manner of searches out for one of those, would LOVE one. Where did you find it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Juhunio said:

Is that a Tamiya R8 shell? I’ve got all manner of searches out for one of those, would LOVE one. Where did you find it? 

I didn't even know Tamiya made such a shell. The one I was gifted was this one:

https://www.rcmart.com/carisma-audi-r8-190mm-lexan-clear-body-set-for-1-10-rc-touring-drift-car-16003-00085876

It's pretty nice if I do say so myself, and I am in NO position to complain in all cases :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, berman said:

Cheers! Just found a seller local to me for $80nzd 😎

Which seller? Promise I won't buy one if its the last one...I tend to grab any secondhand Savox 1258TG from FB Marketplace, or buy cheapies from Banggood well in advance so I always have one, but something like that for $80 would be good for my racers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not strictly today but these two arrived recently.

The first is a 1/24th crawler for a bit of fun in the garden. Going to build a little course for it.

IMG_2085.JPG.cceff09cc10d85f5c4681a08347e4844.JPG

The other is some UJ's for my tt02. Now going to rebuild it with 10.5 Bluebottle.

IMG_2084.JPG.028c4c3a989555138cf97b53dac1f412.JPG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The postman bought me something for my other hobby but I feel like showing it anyway! ..

 CAVE arcade shooting never die!..

954175CB-D64C-44D4-A627-A1983D946FC8.jpeg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The last bits for the Zahhak. Realy like the cherry red.

Also ordered the HD Power R12 after a lot of positive recommendations.

Only downside of the servo is the short cable. Could be a bit to short in the Zahhak.

PSX_20200822_101130.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...