backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

10 hours ago, Fabia130vRS said:

Whats it gonna be

A pile of parts I'm hoarding? 🤷‍♂️

No, most of these will go on current fleet. 🙂

8 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

Are they M04 body mounts @berman? Not easy to find! I grabbed a couple of sets when they came up on eBay last year and have some 3D printed ones too.

Yeah, I got a chassis parts tree too last week, getting hard to find anything for the M04 now 😬

• Like 1

1 minute ago, berman said:

Yeah, I got a chassis parts tree too last week, getting hard to find anything for the M04 now 😬

dont they fit of a m05?

Just now, Fabia130vRS said:

dont they fit of a m05?

The M04 front mounts are identical and fit on a M04/5/6.

I thought the M05 rear posts were a different orientation to the M04 @Fabia130vRS but now I'm going to have to look a little closer.

M04 - 

m04-post-rear.jpg

M05

m05-post.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, moffman said:

Postie dropped this through the letter box yesterday for my blackfoot which I'm going putting brushless in it so I'm thinking I will need this? Although we can't use anything because of lockdown at the moment so I'm not exactly racing to get it built!

20210106_090902.jpg

My nephew stripped the original diff in my Monster Beetle in less than 10 minutes, so I’d say that’s the best investment available when thinking about running the Blackfoot. 

• Like 2

Carbon decal arrived yesterday for the GTR's spoiler and mirrors!

Absolutely no idea where to start as yet but pretty certain YouTube will point me in the right direction, I've got some Vallejo decal fix coming next week, anything else I might need other than a miracle?

DSC_3302.JPG

I love it when they use those fancy boxes to pack my stuff :)

urhzwAe.jpg

But no, I didn't order 4 Turbo Optima kits :P

flesE5w.jpg

Got a Turbo Scorpion with its electronics and paint, a 934 Black edition body set with paint for a TA02SW restoration project, and some spare parts for another TA02SW (the Vaillant), I also ordered a high torque servo saver, not sure which car I'm gonna put this in yet, I just wanted to see if it can improve the rigidity of a stock steering system.

• Like 3

TT-02R as I wanted a lancia integrale but they sold out so I thought I’d build one up myself. A sport tuned for my Zahhak and pinions for the same but they are the wrong pitch. 

72D4832F-5D08-4ACF-A98E-0EBABA3B4FF2.jpeg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Robert5000 said:

My nephew stripped the original diff in my Monster Beetle in less than 10 minutes, so I’d say that’s the best investment available when thinking about running the Blackfoot. 

I hope it lives up to the research because its quite expensive for what it is but it supposedly can cope with brushless and 2s lipo (the brushless system I'm putting in isn't exactly a powerful one) 

2 minutes ago, moffman said:

I hope it lives up to the research because its quite expensive for what it is but it supposedly can cope with brushless and 2s lipo (the brushless system I'm putting in isn't exactly a powerful one) 

Agreed, it's not cheap, but as I've put numerous quite enthusiastic 2s lipo sessions through it without complaints it might actually be cost effective. Not to mention that you don't have to rebuild it every ten minutes. 

Fingers crossed lockdown (and this whole covid debacle) ends sooner rather than later so you can put it through the test. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jutty said:

TT-02R as I wanted a lancia integrale but they sold out so I thought I’d build one up myself. A sport tuned for my Zahhak and pinions for the same but they are the wrong pitch. 

72D4832F-5D08-4ACF-A98E-0EBABA3B4FF2.jpeg

I should have bought one of these kits a couple of weeks ago when fusion had them in stock I just couldn't commit but now regretting it as they're not being released again 

Some more stuff. The kingpins (bought two sets) were with the last post but dropped them and couldn't find them.

KeMgjDy.jpg

• Like 3

10 hours ago, ploots said:

I should have bought one of these kits a couple of weeks ago when fusion had them in stock I just couldn't commit but now regretting it as they're not being released again 

Exactly why I did it. I had been lurking for a while and not sure about buying then Modelsport added £10 to the price overnight and it kicked me into action. Found one for £134 at makeitbuildit

11 hours ago, Robert5000 said:

Agreed, it's not cheap, but as I've put numerous quite enthusiastic 2s lipo sessions through it without complaints it might actually be cost effective. Not to mention that you don't have to rebuild it every ten minutes. 

Fingers crossed lockdown (and this whole covid debacle) ends sooner rather than later so you can put it through the test. 

Oh mate you couldn't be more right about lockdown everything I can cross is now firmly crossed!, and It's good to hear from someone who's got experience in the ball diff! I've had to come to the realisation that it's probably not going to be used until the spring/summer other than a quick blast around the garden🙄😕

10 minutes ago, moffman said:

Oh mate you couldn't be more right about lockdown everything I can cross is now firmly crossed!, and It's good to hear from someone who's got experience in the ball diff! I've had to come to the realisation that it's probably not going to be used until the spring/summer other than a quick blast around the garden🙄😕

We've had the MIP diff for a few years now. The kit diff had issues within a few runs. Replaced with the MIP difvand havehad no issues since. We just run a silvercan and 2s lipo butI don't see why a brushless setup would give any problems.

Since this is the postman thread, a FlySky fs-i6 arrived today, for the second yacht.

• Like 3

It's not arrived yet, but it's on its way, and I'm excited. 

Screenshot_20210107_004537.thumb.jpg.1a152a5af82d60e99135b98116aeb7e6.jpg

• Like 10

10 hours ago, ploots said:

Exactly why I did it. I had been lurking for a while and not sure about buying then Modelsport added £10 to the price overnight and it kicked me into action. Found one for £134 at makeitbuildit

This morning, my friendly postman delivered a NOS body set for one of my Lancia Rally 037 restorations.

This came from japan and is one of the limited releases from 1992.

J

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 5

7 hours ago, moffman said:

One could always convince the wife that turning the garden into a proper rc spectacle is just what she's always wanted? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DayRider said:

Servo plugs, cars are going on a diet 

16100417265673251454025989397172.jpg

I approve 👌

• Thanks 1

Authentic hop up came this morning, 12 light set up for the Nissan GTR body.

Had a quick test run earlier and would appear I've managed to kill a servo whilst plugging it in, or it had already died, so now have that to investigate later as well.

DSC_3306.JPG

• Like 1

An assortment of items I'd ordered 6+ weeks ago. The dampers, stabilizers, and pinion are for my DT-02 (which started life as a Nissan Racing truck but quickly turned into a Sand Viper). The rest are destined for a "super" (read: expensive and unnecessary) TL-01 rebuild that has been planned for two years now...

974EAFE9-0F7F-4166-B0D9-5DB184A8B67E.jpeg

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Robert5000 said:

One could always convince the wife that turning the garden into a proper rc spectacle is just what she's always wanted? 

Actually as we speak the wife is looking at different garden designs to get some ideas because we had major house renovations and the builders basically trashed the garden they did return it to how it was but it wasn't the same! Anyway nothing she is looking at has any inclination for anything remotely RC.......unfortunately!

12 hours ago, Wez-li said:

It's not arrived yet, but it's on its way, and I'm excited. 

Screenshot_20210107_004537.thumb.jpg.1a152a5af82d60e99135b98116aeb7e6.jpg

That is one lovely looking car.

• Like 1