On 2/11/2021 at 4:31 PM, J@mes said:

It’s start’s with this:

50932944006_88587d81e1_b.jpg

& ends like this:

50933037842_3c1836fc77_b.jpg

lifes good

Quoting yourself, it’s a thing.

50938243201_92b3c62c4c_b.jpg

This takes me back, all the way back to ‘86 (sigh) I was that kid gawping at someone else’s RC & yup it was a Hotshot! & you know they was guzzling a cold one :lol:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Postal racing snow

Some JIS screwdrivers from Vessel because the @&€&# large screwdriver part from my Tamiya tool set has gone missing. Great quality and they grip the screws really well, the greater weight needs a little getting used to.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Boomstick said:

My first brand new Blackfoot!!!!

Screenshot_20210213-120006~2.png

Always a cool truck never get bored with looking at the blackfoot👍

• Like 2

A couple of Trackstar 80a Turbo esc. I've had them before and they perform well and lasted as well as any in offroad buggy racing. They are so cheap (for a decent brushless esc) so I don't know why I don't have more of them! One of these is for my sons F1, it will be swapped to 21.5T from the silvercan so he can race it. The other is spare as I have enough cars now that I can expect failures pretty often.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, J@mes said:

This takes me back, all the way back to ‘86 (sigh) I was that kid gawping at someone else’s RC & yup it was a Hotshot! & you know they was guzzling a cold one :lol:

If that says Toys they're not on the inside cover then I had that same magazine when I was 12 I think. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Willsls1 said:

If that says Toys they're not on the inside cover then I had that same magazine when I was 12 I think. 

Yes it does, ah the memories. Before the internet print was it! I loved these guide books, the want was strong.

I marvel at how fast (information) technology has developed. when I was at secondary / high school they had really basic computers called BBC

50941169418_9c98fb53fe_b.jpg

In business studies we’d setup databases & input data (yawn) Now we got a smartphone that can do just about everything. 

35 years has certainly seen some change. Not least of which being 2.8 billion more humans, what must it feel like for someone whose been around 30 years longer than me, crowded I expect as they’ll have seen world population triple in their lifetime.

Maybe the  ‘What the postman bought me’ thread is the wrong place for my rant, felt good though :P

• Like 1

15 hours ago, J@mes said:

This was me too, my neighbour had a Hotshot (that he couldn’t drive very well at all) and I had this Guide Book (well still do have it)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mtbkym01 said:

This was me too, my neighbour had a Hotshot (that he couldn’t drive very well at all) and I had this Guide Book (well still do have it)

I lived (and all my family still do) in a lovely little village and still is a lovely little village but I didn't appreciate it when I lived there but the postmaster at the village post office had the first hotshot I'd ever seen he was always tinkering with it behind the counter inbetween servings customers and I didn't have a clue what it was until I went into my nearest city to the hobby shop and it was on the front cover of the latest guide book (this was obviously way before the internet so that was the only means of information)......brilliant times!

• Like 1

et1.jpg

I have an Xray T4 that I just started racing in the vintage trans am class at the local carpet track.  Its my only on-road car so I have lots of downtime between races.  Was looking for something else to run and the Euro Truck class looked like an easy one to get into so now I'll be able to run two cars once I get it built.  I'm already about 1/3 of the way through the build.  This truck has THREE sticker sheets!! 

• Like 7

On 2/14/2021 at 11:08 PM, MICHAELs TopForce17 said:

A new sealed tb02 which i got for a really good price.

IMG_0878

Lately I am tempted by the TB02, its like something I always wanted. Not sure if I want the TB03 or TB02??

But the Tb02 has so many nice body shells.

as for the Tb03 I would only settle for the NSX driven by Keichii Tsuchiya. 

where’d you get this from

10 hours ago, No Slack said:

Arrived today. I do like tools.

Tamiya schroevendraaier.JPG

I treated myself to this exact one for my euro truck build.  I could never imagine building another Tamiya kit without it.  Expensive, but worth it.

4 hours ago, Flare65 said:

I treated myself to this exact one for my euro truck build.  I could never imagine building another Tamiya kit without it.  Expensive, but worth it.

The Tamiya ratcheting screwdriver is also available as ANEX 397 in Japan.

A set of brushes for BZ motor which will be used in my Dark Impact restoration when all necessary parts were collected)

0B6B6ECE-1EE4-4920-AC83-8908A67FE2C4.thumb.jpeg.456189e06354ca99f8ba6d324a3d8540.jpeg

Arrived yesterday - another tank kit - British WW1 - kit 48214, comes complete with controller.

Pity it isn't 1/16 but just had to have it.

Not seen many of these around.

DSCF0006.JPG

DSCF0007.JPG

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Tamiyabigstuff said:

Arrived yesterday - another tank kit - British WW1 - kit 48214, comes complete with controller.

Pity it isn't 1/16 but just had to have it.

Not seen many of these around.

DSCF0006.JPG

DSCF0007.JPG

Do the guns move or is it just f/r/l/r control 

38 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

Do the guns move or is it just f/r/l/r control 

Guns don't move via the controller but you can move them around manually.

It has 2 motors & gearboxes and is complete with 2.4Ghz controller & receiver which incorporates the power controls for the motors.

Looking through the manual, it looks to be an interesting build. 

It only cost £170 inc shipping from Japan although I may get an additional charge from FedEx - seen them selling for a lot more.

• Thanks 1

upon discovering the1 year old (never used) front gearbox  screw mounting was cracked on my original top-force i thought i would try and get a screw parts bag but that went out the window very quickly so i saw a stainless set on e-bay for £12 del so i got it in the post today and upon looking at it it aint no top-force screw kit their is a lot missing from it:angry:

IMG_20210217_125027.jpg

On 2/15/2021 at 4:39 PM, Badcrumble said:

A little bit of filler to help me finish off my driver figure.

F7AFA2BF-A0C9-4E31-AF10-71D64AA8C112.jpg

I bought a tube of that for repairing a fighter buggy RX body. It’s alright but it stinks!