Jump to content
backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Recommended Posts

I could not hold myself and ordered a transparent chassis for my next G6-01 build together with new front a-arms for my DT-03, broke them on the last run.

Got them in yesterday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple of cheap lots of TB parts from eBay. Hmmmm....Evo III project?

spacer.png

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A little something something from our friends at Tamico. I hadn't seen a DN-01 for sale anywhere recently, so when I saw a kit in stock at a decent price (I'm in the US, so they remove the 19% VAT) I couldn't resist. I also ordered the TRF201 motor mount. 

C0AE1F60-E373-4CD7-AA5B-DFA39A73EEA6.jpeg

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

51047037922_692ddc6898_b.jpg


Unimog 425 body, stickers & watanabe purple bits for a 2nd CW01 Moggy project.
 

Here’s my 1st CW01 Unimog, a 406 = the older sibling:

Mog

 

Mog
 

Moggy grille

1st build in a while, gotta say I get pretty excited about the silly ones :wub: 

maybe one day I’ll dream up something as far out as an RC Morris Minor teapot with eyes for headlights & wearing a hat

 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

got this from RCmart. spare parts for the shocks. my TT02 hop up have teflon seals and i got these ready for the time the seals decide to go.

 

IMG_4353.JPG

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

£2.70 digital calipers.

wZqX2yD.jpg

I already have a fairly decent metal set but they were so cheap and Big Clive on YT gave them a decent review so I decided to try a set for spare/to take to work/friends houses etc.

Only 0.1mm resolution and plastic blades but my god they work well for the price. You can open and close them all the way over and over and they don't seem to drift at all. 

Quite remarkable for the price in all honesty.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002039669323.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.33304c4dZRC7Ai

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PXL_20210319_014450453.thumb.jpg.419603fa7bdbb75cea29354f47b28609.jpg

Postman brought pretty much everything in this pic, but the bat-safe and Avante arrived today :) I will probably slow-roll the Avante and don't want to tackle the body until I have some under my belt(still finishing up my first tt02). Will probably go for a satin/anodized blue for the body.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got the new BFG G-Force Comp 2 All Season Plus tires put on my 200 today.
001(3).PNG

I was working, so Dad dealt with the installing them and was impressed with the tech and his van. All new tire change equipment installed in a new Sprinter, came right to the house and mounted the tires on my factory rims, then hauled off the old tires, only cost $100 more than the price of the tires too! Dad asked if he could see the set up as he used to sell and install tires in the early 60’s and he gave Dad a quick tour and run down of the vehicle.  I think if my Sister or her Husband needs new tires on their cars, we may have to suggest they do what I did here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, phone problems....🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, nowinaminute said:

£2.70 digital calipers.

wZqX2yD.jpg

I already have a fairly decent metal set but they were so cheap and Big Clive on YT gave them a decent review so I decided to try a set for spare/to take to work/friends houses etc.

Only 0.1mm resolution and plastic blades but my god they work well for the price. You can open and close them all the way over and over and they don't seem to drift at all. 

Quite remarkable for the price in all honesty.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002039669323.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.33304c4dZRC7Ai

Looks like I overpaid for mine at £4.13 on eBay :lol:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spares wheels, to go with my spare wheels collection :rolleyes:

aQ3nSNW.jpg

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A4054557-3931-409D-B934-616CC37FF064.jpeg.af857224b444b95e531c40cc5f263582.jpeg101FFCA6-0FD1-4704-B544-1A2EF5A2D011.jpeg.62e10d7e9494ced21e90f8d5abfcea49.jpeg

Happy birthday to me  🥳 🎂🎉🎁

The Datsun is circa 1972 and all the bags apart from the two full driver figures bag are sealed. Instructions are only in Japanese and decals are u/s. Fortunately managed to find a repro set but only does car #11. Original includes car #30 as well. The driver figures are interesting, I will take some pictures but you will all recognise the face. I also think they are the same size as the 1/10 tv version except they are solid!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/17/2021 at 12:46 PM, msgimartin said:

A little something something from our friends at Tamico. I hadn't seen a DN-01 for sale anywhere recently, so when I saw a kit in stock at a decent price (I'm in the US, so they remove the 19% VAT) I couldn't resist. I also ordered the TRF201 motor mount. 

C0AE1F60-E373-4CD7-AA5B-DFA39A73EEA6.jpeg

What is that?  And why have I never seen this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Alamo Oly said:

PXL_20210319_014450453.thumb.jpg.419603fa7bdbb75cea29354f47b28609.jpg

Postman brought pretty much everything in this pic, but the bat-safe and Avante arrived today :) I will probably slow-roll the Avante and don't want to tackle the body until I have some under my belt(still finishing up my first tt02). Will probably go for a satin/anodized blue for the body.

That’s hot!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bugsy showed up yesturday!!!

I'll post more pics once I get time. I only got one day of this week and we have to drop 2 of our cars off at the shop for repairs...

IMG_20210320_141806.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i got this big shot of nostalgia in today. loved these back in the day and it sure as heck brings me back to them.

IMG_4358[1].jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today we have a new receiver, Egress wheels, Avante body shell and a couple of cans of paint. Oh and a new battery.

CDB5AC7F-478A-45FB-85CF-E1DEEC19C8E5.jpeg

31BF43EA-D378-40BE-B415-BB06C8DD2DB1.jpeg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

today the a load of new screws and threaded shafts and turnbuckles turned up for the top-force 

IMG_20210323_150625.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The riders. These will have to wait for my large purchase of Yeah Racing bearings from rcMart.

PXL_20210323_210706796.thumb.jpg.eed18f2ff9ae65bdad8ccbd7a1f322e5.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...